A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
703 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap December 2010  (Read 13597 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2010 03:52:31 PM »

I was imagining poor Captain Hooktacal smashed into a million pieces.  SO a bit of corner is a relief LOL.  So glad your able to repair it Grin...I don't think I'm going to try poly clay cards for awhile....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Alchamy513

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2010 03:56:56 PM »

I thought it was a lot worse when I first opened it, since it crumbled a bit where it broke, but its pretty much just a little corner piece that should go back on just fine! And it came out so cool, don't stop using poly clay... maybe just try bubble wrapping the crap out of it next time? That's what I usually do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2010 04:00:11 PM »

It's the post people that have me trying to keep things as flat as possible.  It would have had to go as a parcel if I had protected it like I was inclined too Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
jessiben

I wish my execution was on par with my inspiration

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2010 05:35:52 PM »

I received my first card today! Susanab claimed me for Broadway musicals and took the hint about my current production being Oliver!  Cheesy

So here is my Oliver! card. Thanks so much! Its going to be a great reminder of a fabulous show and it came just at the right time too. The show closed on Saturday and I've been thinking how sad I am because I'll be bored this weekend!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you think this is near death you haven't lived yet."
-The 4th Doctor

http://promptedprojects.blogspot.com
Thenutmeg2000

If sense were common, Everybody would have some..

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2010 09:50:25 AM »

Got my very first ATC yesterday from ThreadOrYarn. It's all kinds of shiny, pearly and just plain pretty!

Thanks ThreadOrYarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2010 11:42:11 AM »

I received a fun, sparkly, tangled up lights glittery Christmas from ThreadorYarn today!  How much fun is this:

Two little bitty stars popped off so I glued those back on and then laminated the piece with packing tape so it wouldn't happen again, and next it's going on my tree.  Cheesy  I was very happy to see that the packing tape actually made it a little more sparkly!  It did make it just a bit harder to get a picture without reflections though.

Thank you, ToY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
suereal

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2010 03:53:10 PM »

The jumble of lights is adorible! Who hasn't had that situation LOL?

goddessgarb.  That is why I tend to seal everything.  I have a card I just finished and it took so long casue I didn't like how each step was comming out.  But, after I added a shiny coat ( I used Diamond glaze in this case) I am now happy with the whole thing. YEAH for sparkley. Packing tape is AWSOME BYW.  I was fortunate to be given, a bazillion years ago, a roll of laminate that got too out of balence to use in the machine (the core had slipped and it is cone shapped now).  BUt I would totaly be useing packing tape if I hadn't.  One of my favo things to do (which I have been thinking about for ATC) with Ptape, is put it over a cool pic from the newspaper, rub them together with a spoon or popsiclestick or what ever your favo flatener is, and then let it sit over night just to make sure...or atleast 10 min .  THEN soak it in water and the newspaper comes off but the ink sticks to the tape.  You get a very ghostly pick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2010 04:06:52 PM »

goddessgarb.  That is why I tend to seal everything.  I have a card I just finished and it took so long casue I didn't like how each step was comming out.  But, after I added a shiny coat ( I used Diamond glaze in this case) I am now happy with the whole thing. YEAH for sparkley. Packing tape is AWSOME BYW.  I was fortunate to be given, a bazillion years ago, a roll of laminate that got too out of balence to use in the machine (the core had slipped and it is cone shapped now).  BUt I would totaly be useing packing tape if I hadn't.  One of my favo things to do (which I have been thinking about for ATC) with Ptape, is put it over a cool pic from the newspaper, rub them together with a spoon or popsiclestick or what ever your favo flatener is, and then let it sit over night just to make sure...or atleast 10 min .  THEN soak it in water and the newspaper comes off but the ink sticks to the tape.  You get a very ghostly pick.

Ooooo that technique sounds so cool....  Do you have any pieces to show using it?  I'm definitely going to try that.  And BTW, I'm so sorry you haven't rec'd your card yet.  It was the first one I sent off (or ever made!!!), but like I told you, I totally had a brain fart and didn't stick on extra postage for Canada.  Damn it.  I hope it gets there soon...or at all...  Cry  I am happy to make you another, of course, if it doesn't.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
suereal

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2010 04:17:45 PM »

It's the cross boarder thing.  It can take 3 weeks sometimes....I look everyday.  I have only recieved one of the ...12ish (?)claim exchanges.  And there are a few picks of mine.  So (once again) I think I will just blaim Canada post.

And there are cases, that I worry the whole trip with the post, that I added enough postage.  It's all just part of the ..fun LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jessiben

I wish my execution was on par with my inspiration

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2010 06:49:13 PM »

Ooooo that technique sounds so cool....  Do you have any pieces to show using it?  I'm definitely going to try that.  And BTW, I'm so sorry you haven't rec'd your card yet.  It was the first one I sent off (or ever made!!!), but like I told you, I totally had a brain fart and didn't stick on extra postage for Canada.  Damn it.  I hope it gets there soon...or at all...  Cry  I am happy to make you another, of course, if it doesn't.

I love P-tape transfers! I've never done it with newspaper but I have used a lot of magazines and catalogs.
Here's one of my favorite ATCs using that method..
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7387/large/1_008.JPG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you think this is near death you haven't lived yet."
-The 4th Doctor

http://promptedprojects.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Craft Trays for Cars
Creativity in the Kitchen: How to Make Homemade Soap
How to Make Homemade Soap
Turning Tube Socks Into Heating Pads with Jessie Jane
How to Make a Magnetic Chalkboard
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...