A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,170
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap December 2010  (Read 14131 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knitpurl
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2011 06:28:45 PM »

OK, so sorry everyone for being so late to post pics.

Here is the first one I received from susanab, "Pop Top Art" for my found objects theme. The colours of the photo are a bit skewed towards yellow, but the colours are really vibrant. The pop top has been attached with wire rather than glued, so it moves just the teeniest bit - just enough to make it more 3-dimensional.  Smiley

This next one is from mxer145 for old buildings. Cause it has a matte surface, I could use a flash, so the pic is a bit sharper than the others and you can see most of the detail. It's really great.

And these last two are from muddy21 and they are both of historic buildings from Exeter, New Hampshire. The first one is my favourite. (Unfortunately, the photos I took are pretty blurry.)

Thanks so much guys - they're all great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2011 07:05:10 PM »

I got -2- ATCs from tristitia on my "Countdown to Thanksgiving" theme.  One was a bonus--yeah!

First, I have to include a photo of the adorable hand-made card that came with them.  And of the envelope she sent them in.  The envelope made me giggle!

And now for the ATCs!

They're SO cool!  I love their steampunkish quality, and their subtlety.  They're textured and layered and antiqued.  I can see that she used stitching, stamping, what appears to be laser cut out numbers (SO cool), and a very neat texturing medium.

Very impressive and a great addition to my collection!

Such a delightful package to receive!  Thanks so much, tristitia!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessiben

I wish my execution was on par with my inspiration

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2011 07:18:18 PM »

I'm in love with the Fahrenheit 451 card....I can't really pinpoint why, it's just very evocative.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you think this is near death you haven't lived yet."
-The 4th Doctor

http://promptedprojects.blogspot.com
knitpurl
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2011 09:39:28 PM »

I love the thanksgiving countdown for number 6 - all the cards posted so far have been amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2011 10:43:41 PM »

AmandaBL sent me a beautiful, textured mixed-media card!

And she made this great carrying case for it, with transparency tags attached with yarn...I'm definitely reusing this for toting around ATCs in the future, even with the note written on it!  Cheesy

Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011 12:11:49 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
tristitia

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2011 04:17:02 AM »

Okay, so here are all the cards I've received this month... For some reason, I thought because I had taken pictures of all but the last two cards and resized them etc. that I had also posted to the gallery - I'm so brilliant.  So I apologize to my partners for being so delinquent.  If it hadn't been for our incredibly organized organizer (thanks WideEyedLife!) it would have totally slipped my mind!

First, "Zen Numbers" from SusanAB - thank you!

Then, the beautiful "Crystal Winter" from WideEyedLife - wow, I wish I could draw like this...  There are sparkles, too - I'm not sure how well they show up...

The very cool addition to my clocks theme from Alchamy513 - I love the darkness and gloominess of this - it's how I feel about the passage of time quite often!

And finally, two cool cards from Suereal - the squid is super shiny (what a cheerful squid!) and the other "70's Banquet" is a bonus - I'm sure glad I wasn't old enough at the time to remember if my mother tried to feed me stuff like this in the 70's - liver in lemon sauce, wow...

Thanks everyone - and again, I'm sorry that it took me soooo long to post pics - certainly not because I didn't love the cards!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2011 12:11:10 PM »

Here's some more awesomeness -- WideEyedLife sent me this beauty called "Hot and Cold" -

I LOOOVE it! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2011 01:13:08 PM »

I'm in love with the Fahrenheit 451 card....I can't really pinpoint why, it's just very evocative.

Thank you!  I really challenged myself with those teeny tiny buildings.  I love that book and tried to capture the desolation and a city in flames.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
knitpurl
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2011 02:29:25 PM »

I received 2 cards from suereal - (incorporating 3 of my themes  Smiley). One is a hand drawn steampunk cat and the other is some very cool sea creatures, with glitter and bead embellishments for the octopus tentacles and squid's eyes.

I also took a photo of the envelope, with the cardboard star that was protecting the ATCs and a pile of origami paper (I think there was eight different patterns).  The envelope is made out of a National Geographic cover with pandas on the back and a pic of someone riding a bike on the front. 

Suereal said in her letter that since it was going so far she should make it worthwhile - and she totally did!  Grin

Thanks so much!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2011 05:45:12 PM »

Goddessgarb sent me this beautiful colored tree frog for my "big eyed frogs" theme.  I love the coloring and the detail! and such a pretty card!

Thanks, goddessgarb! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Mandark
How to Draw Mac From Fosters Home
How to Draw Lumpy Space Princess
How to Draw Lucario from Pokémon
How to Draw Lord Nibbler Futurama
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...