A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: It's time to vote for your favorite swapped project! Smiley  Vote now through Sunday, August 30th!
Total Members: 302,691
Currently Running With Scissors:
746 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chibi Jim Moriarty Poseable Plushie  (Read 2167 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Noxika
« on: December 01, 2010 07:59:02 AM »

I am completely and utterly in love with the BBC adaption of Sherlock Holmes - "Sherlock". This little guy is the bad guy, Jim Moriarty, but he's not really evil - although he does kind of want to take over the world. Wink

He is completely different from my usual plushies; a couple of months ago I bought a pattern from plushabilities on DeviantArt who makes the most adorable little plushies, to see how she makes them completely poseable.  It was interesting and hellishly complicated in some parts and while I think the end result is adorrrabbllleee, I have taken what I've learned from making him, and have started drafting my own pattern for my next poseable plush (which shall be Iron Man!) making changes to the actual body pattern and completely reworking the internal armature. I am kind of in love with the head shape though, so I'll probably not mess with that too much. All in all, I love him and the idea of him; he's more of a plush action figure than your standard squishilicious plushie.

His skin is made out of fleece, his hair is faux fur and his suit is some faux suede I had lying around. I didn't want to use any "good" materials on him in case he didn't turn out, lol (shh! Don't tell him that!)

Sorry about the picture quality - my camera doesn't like night time photography sessions, lol.

The real Mr. Moriarty's tie has little skulls on it, so I had to give plush!Moriarty the same cute and character-fitting attire as well. Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010 08:38:30 AM »

He's so beautiful!  (I totally want one!)

Great job and great photo shoot too.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
veritate
Drowning in UFOs

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010 10:34:05 AM »

This rocks! \m/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThePQ4
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010 11:25:13 AM »

So cute!! Totally wisting this Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010 01:45:28 PM »

He's adorable!!!!  Grin  I've never seen the show, but this doll is to damn cute!!!!!!!  What pattern did you use or is it your own? And how did you do the eyes??  Again, great job!!  So cute!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PosiTori
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010 02:12:01 PM »

HAH! Thats awesome you can fold his fingers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Noxika
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010 04:41:13 PM »

Aw, thank you guys!! And I don't think anything I've made has been wisted before, *Whee! happy, happy bunny*. ♥

He's adorable!!!!  Grin  I've never seen the show, but this doll is to damn cute!!!!!!!  What pattern did you use or is it your own? And how did you do the eyes??  Again, great job!!  So cute!!  Cheesy

The pattern isn't my own; It's from plushabilities on deviantart (over here: http://plushabilities.deviantart.com/art/Nichi-Mini-Boy-147508747?q=gallery%3Aplushabilities%2F847106&qo=6). Mine didn't turn out exactly like the pattern; I kept altering little bits to see what happens when I do this..or that. lol.  I'm terrible at sticking to a pattern, I like to experiment too much! Grin

For the eyes this time I tried some inkjet printer iron-on transfers, they're called QuikFuse I believe, I just designed the eyes in photoshop, printed them out and ironed them on! Smiley

And thank you! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Electric Fire
Resident Hobbit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010 06:35:41 PM »

Love love love Sherlock and I love love love love your lil' Jim Smiley He's very well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One little spark of inspiration is at the root of all Creation! One little spark can make your fancy fly - there's more to sight, then meets the eye!

http://www.wists.com/electric_fire
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Shrimp-Udon Soup
Classic Vietnamese Pho Recipe
Crispy Sweet & Sour Battered Chicken Recipe
How to Make Thai Fishcakes
Hoisin Chicken Wraps Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...