A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,463
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: December 2010 Birthday Swap Lists  (Read 7866 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: December 01, 2010 02:10:53 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. REALLY.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=365936.0

Swap name: December 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Troublet
Craftster member who is coorganizing: The Most Wonderful kaz814
Sign-up date range:  December 1-31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftster’s list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=365936.0

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few “extras” that aren’t crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=365936.0  Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the “non-birthday swapper” questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pm’s you will receive “poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you don’t PM me, you will receive “poor communication” feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. *New Rule* If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put “December Birthday Swap” or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications.
The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner. 

If you format your PMs like this, I'll love you forever. 

Format for PM's:

Proper label:
"December Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by December 14
MareMare to Troublet --handmade soap and lotion

Outstanding claims allowed:

FOC's: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isn’t to say that you can’t have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items
--Listing “A surprise” plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen
--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliquéd t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.
--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):

Name of swap-  December 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=365936.0
  Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- December 2010 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=365936.0

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds

October Birthday Swap Discussion and Gallery
October Birthday Swap Lists
September Birthday Swap Discussion and Gallery
August Birthday Swap Discussion and Gallery

Birthday Swappers

Feedback Given!

SaralaAnne FOC - Dec. 1
thedreamer - Dec 2
EvilRachel FOC - Dec. 2
LolaandBean - Dec. 8
edie22 FOC - Dec. 9
tattooedcrafter FOC - Dec. 10
I Sew Cute[/b] FOC- Dec. 18
sloth003 FOC - Dec. 18
Pixiefirefly FOC - Dec. 19
ThreadOrYarn FOC - Dec. 22
tcmatteson FOC - Dec. 24
Banga - Dec. 24
SevsOnlyGirl FOC - Dec 26
ollieorange FOC - Dec. 29
akredhead]/s] - Dec. 29
noxluff - Dec. 30

NonBirthday Swappers
Troublet
kaz814
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011 05:29:36 PM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010 05:04:58 AM »

Swappers(number of claims made/claims sent/claims received by claimee)

SaralaAnne FOC - Dec. 1 (2/2/2) - 2 gifts coming
thedreamer - Dec 2 (2/2/2) - 2 gifts coming
EvilRachel FOC - Dec. 2 (1/1/1) - 2 gifts coming
LolaandBean - Dec. 8 (1/1/1) - 2 gifts coming
edie22 FOC  - Dec. 9 (3/3/2) - 4 gifts coming
tattooedcrafter FOC - Dec. 10 (3/3/3) - 3 gifts coming
I Sew Cute FOC- Dec. 18 (2/2/2) - 3 gifts coming
sloth003 FOC - Dec. 18 (3/3/3) - 2 gifts coming
Pixiefirefly FOC - Dec. 19 (3/3/3) - 3 gifts coming
ThreadorYarn FOC - Dec. 22 (2/2/2) - 2 gifts coming
tcmatteson FOC - Dec. 24 (4/4/4) - 2 gifts coming
Banga - Dec. 24 (2/2/2) - 2 gifts coming
SevsOnlyGirl FOC - Dec. 26 (1/1/1) - 2 gifts coming
ollieorange FOC - Dec. 29 (4/4/4) - 3 gifts coming
akredhead - Dec. 29 (1/1/1) - 2 gifts coming
noxluff - Dec. 30 (2/2/2) - 3 gifts coming

Non-Birthday Swappers
(number of claims/claims sent/claims received)

Troublet FOC (2/2/2)
kaz814  FOC (1/1/1)

Sent
Received
Late with Communication
Contact organizer ASAP

Claims List!

Send by Dec. 15th

ollieorange to edie22 for some bows made from old film reels.
EvilRachel to ollieorange for grannysquares.
SaralaAnne to tattooedcrafter for cute pillow cases.

Send by Dec. 16th
tattoedcrafter to tcmatteson for a surprise.
edie22 to EvilRachel for a wisty surprise and cupcake supplies.

Send by Dec. 17th
sloth003 to thedreamer for a pencil/pen roll.
thedreamer to ollieorange for a crocheted mystic garden necklace.

Send by Dec. 18th
Banga to sloth003 for stationery and a surprise.
Troublet to tattooedcrafter for a birthday surprise.
Pixiefirefly to SaralaAnne for jewelry.

Send by Dec. 19th
edie22 to sloth003 for wisty cross-stitch and supplies.
edie22 to Banga for some baby goodies!

Send by Dec. 20th
sloth003 to I Sew Cute for embroidered quilt blocks.
I Sew Cute to SevsOnlyGirl for a stenciled shirt.

Send by Dec. 21st
SevsOnlyGirl to tattooedcrafter for pj pants.
tattoedcrafter to Pixiefirefly for wrist warmers.
tcmatteson to ThreadorYarn for lightweight scarf and handspun wrappers.
tcmatteson to edie22 for wisty scarf and bigger crochet hooks.
ThreadorYarn to edie22 for handspun yarn.
ollieorange to thedreamer for book related items.
ollieorange to tcmatteson for a wisty wreath.

Send by Dec. 22nd
tcmatteson to ollieorange for a wisty surprise.

Send by Dec. 25th
noxluff to SaralaAnne for anything Frankenstein.
kaz814 to noxluff for a tote bag.
Troublet to noxluff for homemade bath and body stuff.
tattoedcrafter to noxluff for fabric hair flowers.
Pixiefirefly to Evilrachel for earrings.
Pixiefirefly to SevsOnlyGirl for jewelry.

Send by Dec. 26th
noxluff to LolaandBean for a plush monster.
sloth003 to Pixiefirefly for Harry Potter Inspired crafts/Embroidered hoops for my hoopla wall.

Send by Dec. 27th
LolaandBean to edie22 for a loaded charm bracelet and yarn.

Send by Dec. 28th
Banga to ThreadorYarn for a starter altered book.

Send by Dec. 29th
ThreadorYarn to Banga for baby booties.

Send by Jan. 1st
SaralaAnne to LolaandBean for 4T shirt.

Send by Jan. 5th
akredhead to I Sew Cute for maryjane slippers.

Send by Jan. 6th
ollieorange to I Sew Cute for glowinthedark embroidery thread.
thedreamer to akredhead for a hedgehog-inspired craft.

Send by Jan. 10th
I Sew Cute to akredhead for a felt bobble bracelet.

Send by Jan. 13th
tcmatteson to Pixiefirefly for HP inspired scarf and a surprise.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011 05:09:13 PM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
edie22
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010 06:27:41 PM »

Here is my list! I can't wait to get started!! My birthday is the 9th and I'll be 35...

About Me: I'm married and live in South Florida.  I don't have any kids or pets and don't really plan on them.  I love chocolate, anything with blue stripes, office supplies, Diet Pepsi, my G2 phone, Star Trek and anything related to Chris Pine.  I like polka dots and stripes and cute things.  I love the colors pink and blue and pretty much all colors, but I love blue and brown together and pink and brown.  Also Pink/green and brown/pink/green.  I love ALL BAGS.  i am getting quite a collection and I switch them all the time.  I'm pretty easy to please and my wists is currently at almost 400 items

Wishes:
Crafted:
sewn:
~Purses - especially any on my wists
~Messenger Bag
~Weekender Bag or weekender type bag... not necessarily THE weekender bag.
~Purse organizer like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=36637266
~iron cover like this: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=28400568
BIG WISH ~Fabric bins/organizer bucket
~Toy robot like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=342133.0
~Quilted potholders
~fabric luggage tags
~lap desk
~monster bag
~Small quilt wall art
~full-sized apron with pockets
~kindle cover in rockabilly/retro theme for a friend
~PJ pants in light cotton in 3x. if you need better sizing, you can PM
~reusable grocery bags (not from tshirts)
~Some sort of organizer for cross stitch to take on the go

knit/crochet
~knit shawl
~recycled t-shirt type rug maybe in blue/white, purple, pink...
~knitted elephant like on my wists
~sock monkey wine bottle cozy
~hand spun yarn
~a fun scarf like on my wists

stenciled
~Stenciled Star Trek shirt especially with Chris Pine
~Stenciled shirt from some of the other ideas on my wists, dandelions, bare trees, pinto, robots
~Weasley is our King hoodie (size 3x with a zipper, not pullover)
~craft ninja stenciled on something.  Bag, tshirt (2x or 3x), etc
~tshirt with roosters on it (3x, maybe in a dusty red)
BIG WISH~tshirt with the silverlake liquors logo, like on my wist (3x) thank you SAHMama! i want another for a gift!

Jewelry:
~Loaded charm bracelet
~Zodiac cuff bracelet like on my wists Sagitarius
~counting bracelet
~scrabble tile pendant kit with instructions
~keychains

Other crafts:
BIG WISH~ artwork with otters - would love one of otters floating and holding hands
~Message & Photo board like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25619562
~ceramic mugs (one blue, one purple both with e+j on them)
~button art
~felt art
~bows made out of old film reels
~carved stamps based on star trek, harry potter, crocheting, elephants, sock monkey, chris pine (would love a chris pine carved stamp omg)
~something to organize jewelry either earrings or bracelets, maybe a jewelry box
~Anything from my wists http://www.wists.com/edie22
~Handmade soap, vanilla, coffee, linen, lemongrass scented (nothing floral or too strong)
~hanger for purses (like over the door hanger)

Supplies:

I would love a whole claim of supplies with yarn and fabric!
~sharpies
~yarn dusk from debbie stoller, any debbie stoller alpacam, red heart super soft in any color and especially chocolate, toast, wine, paprika, turqoise, anything from caron super soft (especially in blues/greys) 100% cotton yarn in any color (or really, anything.  I love yarn)
~fabric - I love the cotton, but i don't really know how to use jersey or flannel yet
~zippers (any size/color!)
~aida cloth
~hand sew needles
~button magnets
~thread
~interfacing
~precut squares of fabric, like for patchwork stuff
~buttons
~quilter type measuring blocks
~chaulking pencils/disappearing ink pens
~crochet hooks bigger than size N I keep seeing pattern that use Q and I dont have one.

Other

~mini Reeses Cups
~candy cane Hershey kisses
~office supplies

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010 04:45:46 PM by edie22 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010 06:33:41 PM »

Hello! My name is Tamra and I will be turning 29 on the 24th! I live in Oklahoma but am spending the entire month of December with my parents in Wisconsin. The biggest thing about me is that I adore crafting and creating things! I guess thats why my supplies wish list is so big ^_^;; I have very eclectic tastes and find it hard to pin-point a style that I like most, though you can never go wrong with a funky floral! Im very laid back and easy to please ^_^ Im an avid Sci-fi, Fantasy, and Anime fan (as is my hubby, wheee!) and theres a list of favorite shows and movies posted on my profile along with some more information about me! I dont have any allergies or aversions (that I know of, hehe!) and uh this is my first time doing the birthday swap!

Some of my favorite themes:
Owls, Turtles, Trees, Birds, Nerdy- I love The Guild and Dr. Horribles- also love sayings like I like to think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram, astronomy and the stars,

Crafts: (big wishes are bolded)
1. Anything wisty or based on an wist item: http://www.wists.com/tcmatteson
2. A surprise! I love all types of mediums and crafts!  
3. Wall art- something in your best medium (my dream is to have a complete wall in my craft/guest room covered in art!) in a theme that inspires you (as long as its considered safe-for-work ^_~)- can be as big or small as you like, but please have some way to hang it ^_^ Thank you TattooedCrafter! I love my owl hoop!
4. Full apron for baking in- cute and vintage-looking, though not in pink or purple
5. Yarn bowl (some examples of what Im talking about but something with your own flare: http://www.etsy.com/shop/JulieKnowlesPottery?section_id=6745078)
6. Outdoor garden pretties- ie. Fairy/frog houses, wind chimes, decorated stakes, etc.
7. Table top ironing pad
8. Recipe holder and some of your favorite recipes- could be a book or box and would love if it held recipes on 4x6 cards!
9. Seasonal yarn wrapped wreath (several in my wist- any season/holiday youd like to do) Thank you ollieorange! I love it! Always interested in more ^_^
10. Hair thingies- headbands, hair pins or sticks, clips (no scrunchies, please, and again, there are many examples in my wist)
11. A set of kitchen towels (embroidered, appliqud, stenciled, etc.)- I really want my kitchen decorated in white, dark blue, and lemons with some green and brown accents
12. Oven mitts in the same theme as #11
13. Crocheted or knitted kitchen wash cloths in the same theme as #11
14. Camera strap for a Canon Rebel T1 (something prettier than the plain black that comes with it)
15. A diaper bag that doesnt look like a diaper bag- the smaller the better, but still needs to be big enough to carry 2-3 diapers and one of the travel-sized wipes cases, a sippy cup, and then my wallet, brush, and keys (several styles of bags I like are wisted)
16. Felt food for my son! Im starting to collect and make a large variety of foods for my son to play with (eventually, I will be crafting a kitchen for him, too, lol!)
17. Thread catcher Smiley
18. Large/x-large work-out t-shirts with fun sayings in any color

Kits:
Resin pendant kit for a complete and total beginner
Felting- for making those cute little felt critters (again, for a complete beginner) Thank you so much ollieorange!

Supplies:
Polyclay (prefer SculpeyIII in any color- especially if you find it on sale!) and related supplies
Shrinky dink plastic (frosted is preferred)
Yarn- soft acrylic, cotton, or wool (my favorite brands are I love this yarn and Sugar n Cream)
Fun buttons of all shapes, sizes, and colors (could even be a craft if you make buttons!)Thank you tattooedcrafter!
Roving- natural colors preferred and also have some colorways I like on my wists
ATC supplies (papers, images, stamps, stickers- anything on any topic will be happily received)
Quilting Fabrics- all colors and patterns- fat quarter or larger pieces OR 3 fussy cut squares for an I-spy quilt for a boy
Fabric cutting tools- rulers, rotary cutter, self-healing mats, etc.
Decorative cut scissors
Fun shapes paper punches

Extras:
Books- multiple books in my wists, am open to reading new authors or series and I am not against second-hand books ^_^
Chocolate- with the exception of the chocolate oranges, Im not big on fruity chocolate; also, the darker the better ^_^
Hot Chocolate
Maamul cookies (in my wist)- theyre basically date cookies and are delicious refrigerated!

Thank You!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010 09:48:54 PM by tcmatteson » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010 07:15:21 PM »

Hi there, my birthday is on the 10th and Ill be 22. I live in Reno Nevada. I love plaids and polka dots, my fave colors are blues, greens, black, gray and silver but I dont mind some pink now and again, I do not like purple or yellow until it is a really awesome print, like cupcakes or giraffes or something. I think my wist and ravelry show a lot about what kinds of stuff I like and Im trying to make everything very broad so Im easy to craft for. Im a full time student studying psychology, I just finished my associates degree and Ill be starting my bachelors in february. Im a Buddhist. I have so many crafts that I love to do but crocheting knitting sewing and polymer clay are my faves. Im hopeless romantic and married to the man of my dreams and we have 1 son together who is almost 5. I also have a guinea pig and chinchilla, they are my other babies. Im a big fan of Natalie Dee, my faves are anxiety girl and the masked procrastinator. I have a really bad allergy to some mysterious thing that Ive been trying to get control of for the past 2 months so please do not wash anything with laundry soap unless its purex or homemade, no fabric softener or anything and Im allergic to nickel and artificial sweetener.

Crafted
Socks they have to be really long or really short or felted slippers  (I love the French press ones on ravelry)
Skirts, 20-24 long with elastic waistbands (36 waist) or wrap skirt
A doll, lots of ideas on my wist
Fluffy things, I have lots on my wist
Pj pants, fleece, flannel or cotton, I dont really care Thanks SevsOnlyGirl
Anything Buddha related or wrist mala
Wall art of some kind especially embroidered art in the hoops
Slouchy hat or wrist warmers or glittens or legwarmers (something to keep the snow out of my boots) it gets really cold here ( black, gray, or white)
Deadpool, captain America, Buddha or giraffe sock monkey
Miniatures, even Halloween ones
Decorated tank tops, my favorite are ribbed ones from walmart or old navy in medium, I like the ones with the knitted back on them http://www.wists.com/tattooedcrafter/88d42c6b7685ad181782bd52ff7cad21?offset=320 or with buttons but Im open to lots of different kinds
Cute hair clips, no headbands
Cute pillow cases like these in king size http://www.amazon.com/BoldLoft-Pillowcase-Romantic-Valentines-Valentine%1As/dp/B000Z9HQI0/ref=pd_sbs_k_6Thank you so much SaralaAnne
Weekender bag
Surprise me, I have lots of stuff on my wist and ravelryThank you so much troublet

Supplies
Fabric, big enough to make a skirt out of or scraps for gibbous type things and lace of any kind (I really want to make a cupcake dress)
Spinning fiber, dyed or not, Im still learning
Yarn, Ill take any kind
Buttons
Polymer clay or clay supplies
Kits I can do with my son who will be 5 next month
Stamp carving supplies or kit
Needle felting stuff, I really want to learn
Resin molds or clay molds
Zippers of all shapes, sizes and colors.
Old sweaters so I can cut them up a make a sweater like this http://www.wists.com/57a88cef06f91cff1b14bf99829dcc1e?q=sweater&offset=0 or http://www.wists.com/3dffa72a40c6fb34e0c419a147c7d0b4?q=coat&offset=0

Extras
Tea, hot cocoa, hot cider, or instant flavored coffee drinks
Interesting candy
Thimbles (I collect them)
Cute socks, I love buying the cheap ones at walmart or the $store either super short or over the knee
Stickers of any kind but mostly for my sons reward chart, smiley faces and other cute little ones
Safety eyes
Candles

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010 03:17:55 PM by tattooedcrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
thedreamer
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010 07:47:37 PM »

Hello!  Im Agnes, and Im currently a university student in Toronto, Canada!   My birthdays tomorrow, on December 2nd,  so as a result I am spending my birthday studying for my exams in the next couple of weeks. Sad  I mainly crochet, but I dabble in lots of other crafts as well.  My favourite colours are dark blues (like navy, indigo), green, black, purple, and any other deep dark colour like maroon. I love anything tiny and delicate, and anything thats nautical, woodsy, fall, wintery or night themed makes me pretty happy too.  I also like Disney (just not the pink Disney princesses stuff though, dont like pink much), penguins, Harry Potter, and Narnia- really excited about the movies coming out this December!    

So...Onto the list!

Crafts:
-something off of or inspired my wists!  http://www.wists.com/thedreamer

-a (slightly padded?) pen roll with a fold-over top like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/56038169/canvas-pencil-roll-with-lid-you-choose Ive started taking some nicer pens to school for taking notes, and I dont want them all scratched up in my bag
thanks sloth003!

-padded netbook bag/sleeve

-lacy leaf scarf like this, I can't knit if my life depended on it: http://www.wists.com/thedreamer/ff525e9d0cadca79ab6678a78af159d1?offset=100

-and of course, a knitting kit would be great so that I could figure out how to do it!

-steampunk jewelry-I love the first one http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=315020.0

-loaded charm bracelets (have a bunch in my wist as examples)

-miniature polymer clay charms (of anything, really) - Im always in awe of how people manage to make tiny things like that!

-a little coin purse with a snap opening like this: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30402978

-purses/tote bags

-a handmade (blank) journal

-something book related like bookmarks, book plates, etc.   I collect bookmarks and I'm always on the look for unique bookmarks made from stuff other than paper.  thanks ollieorange!

-surprise me with something Smiley

Supplies:
-kits or supplies to try: polymer clay sculpting, book binding, soap making, tatting, wool spinning, knitting
-safety eyes of different sizes, the craft store in my area has stopped selling them completely
-book lockets- cant seem to find some without a cross on the front, something like this: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=35421625
-yarn!  A girl can never have too much yarn, right? Smiley

Others:
-fountain pens and fountain pen ink (having a hard time finding a source for these without really expensive shipping to Canada)
-chocolate, particularly dark chocolate; I dont mind stuff with nuts like Ferrero Rocher
-tea and hot chocolate

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010 09:47:02 PM by thedreamer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ollieorange
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010 07:54:38 PM »

Hi! I'm Cindy. My birthday is December 29th. I'll be 31 years old. I live in Madison, WI USA with my husband, our beautiful black cocker spaniel Sophie, and our 2  kitties Ollie and Pumpkin. I like to ride my bike in the summer and hole up inside as much as possible in the winter (it's COLD!). I try to get my butt to the gym as much as possible and am always looking for inspiration to get going. I'm learning how to weave right now- LOVE IT! I am always happy to try new crafts out. I really like things that I can wear or have a function. I really don't like stuffies of any sort. Purple and I don't get along.
I do have allergies- eucalyptus and wool. I can work with wool (and even requested some wool things) but I cannot wear wool. I'm also allergic to artificial sweetener.

My Wists: www.wists.com/ollieorange

Themes I like
Animorphism
Bigfoot- no stuffies please
faux bois
bicycles

Crafted
Bird nest pendent
wisty surprise
Broaches, pins- hard jewelry pieces are not worn as much as soft pieces.
Cloth pads
thread catcher like this:  www.merrimentdesign.com/pincushion-thread-catcher.php
cross body purse
hip bag- like a fanny pack but not a fanny pack
wallet w/ spots for cc, cash and change a spot for receipts would be cool too, I need to keep a lot of them for work
crocheted necklace like this; www.etsy.com/listing/51553091/mystic-garden-green-crochet-necklace Thanks thedreamer!
apple cozies
Stenciled t-shirts- XL or XXL if fitted, any of the themes listed above or something from my wists
Stenciled jersey skirt- I wear a 14, any of the themes listed above would be great \
Mobile- a nature theme perhaps Smiley, not for a baby, just for me.

Want to learn
Tatting
Weaving

supplies
animal teeth
diecut paper flowers- like the ones for scrapbooking
3/2 mercerized thread for weaving
felted balls- 1/2 diameter
crocheted granny squares Thanks EvilRachel!

other
Small ceramic deer
2011 calendar- nothing too big, I have to share a board with a coworker
musk candy
crystalized ginger and/or chocolate covered ginger

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010 01:36:35 PM by ollieorange » THIS ROCKS   Logged

EvilRachel
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010 09:21:22 PM »

Hi everyone!  I'm Rachel and I'm turning the big 3-0 tomorrow (2 December)  Undecided  I live in Alberta Canada with Crash and Jack, my two cats.  My style is pretty bold (some may say tacky).  I love bright colours, shiny things, animal prints.  Crocheting and cross stitch/embroidery are my favourite crafts to do.

Wishes!

Christmas ornaments/decorations - I especially love nutcrackers and bells, and wouldn't like anything overly religous.  The more unusual, the better!

Cat toys - My babies are waaaaay spoiled, so anything that would make them happy will make me happy!

Jewellery

Earrings:  I wear em all the time, but I can't wear posts, only the hook kinds.  I love flashy, dangly ones the best

Bracelets:  I looove bangles, especially the big chunky ones.  I'd also really love a loaded charm bracelet, or even just some little bits I could use if I ever made one of my own

Sewing

Netbook cover:  I have a Dell mini, and would love a cool sleeve for it, especially one that zips shut and has a handle.

Apron:  I collect them, especially ones a 50's housewife would wear. I love half aprons, but don't have any full ones, so either would be loved

Makeup brush roll

Crochet hook roll

Supplies

**Major wish**  Handspun or hand-dyed wool...  It's so pretty, and every skein is unique.

Scrapbook supplies:  My sister just got married in Vegas and I'm making her a book, so anything weddingy/vegasy would be awesome, but really, anything pretty would be appreciated.

Cooking stuff:  I love to cook and bake, especially cupcakes!  Some cute cupcake papers, or decorations, or any sort of supplies...  Even a book or your favourite recipes!

MISC

I'd love a surprise!  I have a pretty extensive wist, anything from it or inspired by it would make me so very happy...   www.wists.com/evil_rachel_25

Candy!!  Especially chocolate, or fruity candy.  You just can't go wrong with candy, right?

Coffee/tea/hot drinky stuff:  I'm a caffeine addict, and in the winter I need something hot to get started in the morning.  Even something drink-related, like a cup or a travel mug cozy or reusable to-go cup sleeve!

Happy birthday, my fellow Decemberites!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

Sitting in my room, with a needle in my hand...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010 05:27:03 AM »

Hiyya! My name's Sarah, and I turned 23 on the first. Crazy. I got married to my honey, Joe, in September, and we have a bunny (Chuck-4years) and a dog (Wally-3yrs). I live in the middle of nowhere (read: Boone) Iowa. I like to travel, but don't particually care to fly. Sitting in a car for hours doesn't bother me the least bit, infact I love it!

If I had to discribe my style I guess it would be casual (t's and jeans 80% of the time) but when the honey and I go out I like to get dressed up. The look I normally go for is kind of a rocker type look, since most of the time we go out is to either his band or other hard rock shows. I wear a lot of dark colors, but my favorite color is green! Really the only color I don't like is Orange.

I watch a lot of movies and tv, as well as reading a lot of books. Shows I love are: Bones, House, True Blood, and Dexter. Movies I love are: The Muppet Movie, Sin City, Harvey, and the Goonies. Book series I like are Harry Potter, Odd Thomas, Dean Kontz' Frankenstein, and Twilight.

As for crafts I enjoy doing, I'm an embroiderer first and foremost, and a cross-stitcher, but I can do some really basic sewing and I have been enjoying learning to crochet. So far my favorite thing to make is lap blankets. I'm not really a big fan of paper crafts, but I love and need artwork.

I adore Frankenstein, Muppets, Hippos, and Rubber Duckies as well.

I also have a lot more information on my profile.

Crafts

Jewerlry
-I love chunky bracelets, but one thing that I would absolutly adore is a chunky anklet that would be fun for the summer.
-I also adore earrings.
-I would definetly make an exception to my "I generally don't wear necklaces" rule for a dark mark pendant or maybe some earrings.
-Jewelry surprise. Thank you so much Pixiefirefly!

Wall Art
-My living room has horribly blank walls, and it is beginning to make me sad, lol. Our living room is grey with black trim, and I would love to have a tv/movie theme with grey scale pictures, maybe using red as an accent color.
-A black and white Frankenstein painting would make my life!
-A jewelry box would be amazing.
-Or something to hang on earrings on.
-Any kind of wall hanging that's rubber duck themed for our bathroom.
-I love picture frames! I want to eventually cover the walls of our bedroom (which is mint green with chocolate brown trim) with pictures.

Sewn
-I know clothes aren't exactly a medium, but I have to throw this out there. I love strapless corsets, but can't find any that fit me (all that I can find to fit my stomach make my boobs pop out if I lift my arms up) and would wear one like crazy.
-A car entertainment kit would be fun. My husband isn't as fond of sitting in the car as I am, so stuff like cross word puzzles, trivia games, ect that we could do together while one of us drives would be pretty awesome, and maybe a bag to keep it all in so I know exactly what it is lol.
-I really need a lunch box.

Misc
-I would love someting Death Eater related.
-Anything Muppets.
-Anything Frankenstein. Thanks so much noxluff!
-Also, any suprises off of/inspired by my wist would be sweet.
-I know I said I don't like paper crafts, but I am in dire need of stationary.

Craft Kits

-I would love to learn how to make soap!

Supplies

-I LOVE DMC threads.
-I am also going to start making next years christmas presents in a couple weeks, (blankets for family and coworkers) so yarn would be awesome.
-I want to start a charm bracelets for places I have been, and I just started recently so I have about 22 years to go lol. Off the top of my head some of the states I need are: Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Las Vegas, Montana, Wisconson, Mexico, and I'm sure there's more from when I was way younger.
-I have a growing addiction to glass beads.

Extras

-I am a caramel nut. Anything carmel is awesome.
-Any books you have laying around (that aren't religious) that you don't want anymore I'd gladly take. I'll read pretty much anything.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010 07:39:10 AM by SaralaAnne » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
Currently on a swap break...
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010 02:15:19 PM »

so. here's me. slothy- about to turn 36.(dec18) i live in Stratford Ontario CANADA. i have a hubby and a bouncing baby boy who is almost 10.  Smiley we share our home with a psychotic cat and a neurotic cat.
i love fresh, clean, simple lines, colours and scents. yellow, blue, green!  mint, eucalyptus, linen.
i love to  cook  and experiment in the kitchen with flavours and techniques. in the summer i am outside in the garden all the time.
I tend to have skin reactions (not nice ones) to lavender and i am allergic to nuts.
 i do not like pink, fruity sweet smells and strictly decorative object d'art. my profile has more info. and my wist has lots of ideas?  i think so anyway. Smiley

i trust craftsters judgement and ability to make something AWESOME! and i look forward to hooking up another December baby (who probably got the fuzzy end of the lollipop growing up) with something awesome too!

crafts-
wist  http://www.wists.com/sloth003
surprise me!
cloth pads/liners
embroidery hoop art
fascinator type head wear, simple.classy.cool
necklaces- cool pendants, prefer long
homemade soap, bath bombs, lip chap (no vanilla or lavender tho)
hand made note cards/post cards thank you Banga. Smiley
stencilled t shirt/tank tops (L)  i like the big scissors. or swirly trees or something geeky
handmade stamp (maybe with a sloth? or an anatomical heart? or a book? or a tree?)

adding in  Wink
comfy jammie pants
slippers
mittens (fleecy) (can you tell it got cold this week)
hand/wrist warmers...

big wishes- i know.  but a girl can dream right?
big lacy shawl
the ubiquitous weekender bag Wink

supplies
fabric.quilting cottons- decent sized scraps (2x2 min) up to fat quarters
embroidery supplies, needles, floss, hoops, aida cloth.
buttons
tape measures
seam rippers
felt

extras-
tea lights, sharpies,nail polish, not big on chocolate, but caramel is good, or salty snacks. NO NUTS!! please.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010 08:17:18 PM by sloth003 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Style Straight Hair for a Heart Shaped Face
How to Style Hair for an Oval Face
How to Cut Curly Hair for a Round Face
Perfect Haircut For My Face: Trish Fermin - Oval Face Straight Hair
Hair Extensions For Fine Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...