A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 45 - Discussion Thread!  (Read 41303 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2010 06:30:29 AM »

Hi Pseudo, cutting out all the fiddy bits by hand was very time consuming...even with my teeny tiny scissors.  Smiley  I can't wait to see your laser cuts.  Smiley

Working on a huge batch of spam fried rice atm for our Halau Christmas party.  Spam is loved by all us Hawaii types btw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2010 07:09:18 AM »

OMG! All the snow went away over night! Shocked It's crasy. There was snow everywhere and it has been there for over a week. Crazy!

That happened once during the afternoon when I was at work - there was 20" (~50 cm) on the ground in the morning, it rained while I was working, and when I left to go home at 5, all the snow was gone! (resulting in massive flooding)

Hmmm, what to do this weekend...I think a little felting is in order.  I need some organdy for interfacing, which would mean going to the high end fabric store (danger!).

eta: New cunning plan involves a cutting out fabric for a velvet blazer (I've had this silk velvet waiting for 5 years in my stash) and attempting to exhaust the indigo vat so I can clean out the spare tub.   Want something dyed with indigo, let me know! (I've got fiber and fabrics on hand, but not yarn)  I also have a bunch of nice-quality cotton fat quarters that I cut for the handweavers guild with the intention of snow-dyeing, but it hasn't snowed enough yet (and doesn't look to snow soon either).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010 08:31:47 AM by ptarmic wumpus » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 20  blog!
craftaddiction
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2010 12:01:15 PM »

I think I might have some similar in my stash. Let me look.

Where you able to find anything?

P.S. If you gals don't hear me from for a while, don't worry. There is a chance our power might go out...... the joys of living in snow country.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010 12:02:43 PM by craftaddiction » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
oneredboot
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2010 01:34:55 PM »

new embroidered gift bag sets in my shop, just in time for the holidays! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftaddiction
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2010 03:21:41 PM »

I added Christmas ribbons to my shop. We sent these as Christmas cards. Some of my friends keep them every year. Also makes a good bookmark. I wasn't sure what to charge for these, so I am negotiable.

Christmas Ribbons - 4 for .25 pt, 10 for .5 pt, 30 for 1 pt or 100 for 2pts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
calluna

wandering...

« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2010 03:47:07 PM »

I think it's time for me to attempt crock-pot granola! If I succeed, I'll offer custom batches in my Shop.

Those ribbons are such a good idea!

Nice bags, ORB!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2010 09:39:28 AM »

Pretty quiet on here this weekend - is everyone busy with holiday crafting?  I'm having pound cake soaked with butter-rum sauce for breakfast, so today may be merry indeed Smiley

I think I pretty much exhausted the indigo vat yesterday - after I finish washing everything, it will be time to clean out the tub. Hopefully I will be able to get the indigo off of the enamel with some bleach...it comes off the sink with no problem, but the tub is much more stubborn for some reason. Anyway, I actually found two skeins of mostly-wool blend yarn that went into the vat, plus some other items that will end up in my shop when they are dry.

Also cut out some hats in a nice wool herringbone tweed that I am going to work on today.

New things going into my shop:

felt samples - these were tests done in the washer, but their stitching escaped and they ended up with lots of holes and thin spots.

wire angel wings:

tins!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 20  blog!
sunspotted
« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2010 10:52:34 AM »

I'm having so much trouble getting my shop open.  It's the description of the items that is slowing me down I think.  And I apologize in advance for my crappy picture taking (non) skills.  It doesn't help that it seems like every time I am home it is dark or snowing or both.  I'd kill for some sunshine right now.  I may be speaking literally here, enough snow already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2010 11:52:16 AM »

I'm having so much trouble getting my shop open.  It's the description of the items that is slowing me down I think.  And I apologize in advance for my crappy picture taking (non) skills.  It doesn't help that it seems like every time I am home it is dark or snowing or both.  I'd kill for some sunshine right now.  I may be speaking literally here, enough snow already!

Honey, it's only December!  I better send you a cup full of sun crystals or something!  We are getting our first blizzard of the year.   It's so good to be back in Michigan's Upper Peninsula! 

I am trying to concoct a trifold wallet pattern.  I will put my test wallet in my shop -- maybe someone can use it to store knitting markers or a sewing kit or something.  The other test I have loaded up and will carry in my purse to see how it works out.  Then adjust.  I had a pattern, but can't find it (I can't find my dpn's either -- had to buy some to finish a sweater I'm making for a Christmas gift).  I want to make my daughter a new wallet for Christmas.  She has worn out the last one I made for her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2010 03:53:04 PM »

Just added a couple new items to my shop!

1lb of glass beads

Bye Bye Bluebird triple chain necklace

Freebie mini tin added to the top of my shop, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About Indian Food
Fragrant Thai Curry Dinner
Asian Style Seared Tilapia Recipe
Snake Soup in Hong Kong
Shanghai Hairy Crabs
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...