A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,857
Currently Running With Scissors:
792 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: **Three Tiny Movie Things** CLOSED [Send Out by 1/18]  (Read 29010 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JacquelineD
« on: November 30, 2010 07:17:58 AM »

Swap name: Three Tiny Movie Things
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: JacquelineD
Sign-up date range: 11/30/10 - 12/15/10
Date to send item by: 1/18/11

Limited to a certain number of people? NO, but I will be taking volunteers for co-organizers if this swap gets over 25 participants

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO

Additional Age requirement? must be at least 18yrs old

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

DETAILS OF SWAP
Enjoy movies? Than this is the swap for you! We'll be crafting three tiny movie things for our partners, based on a list they will supply of their 5 favorite/most artistically inspiring films! Easy as pie.
It is required that you watch the 5 films so that you have a thorough understanding of the plot and will be able to craft something for your partner that is truly reminiscent of their favorite flicks.
There's a loooot of time for crafting. A whole month! I figured with the holidays being here it will get busy, but you have an additional 2 weeks after the holidays are done (for most people) So, no flaking please! If you think for any reason you might have trouble sending out, please skip this round. If it's popular i'd be happy to organize future swaps.

A tiny thing is anything that fits into the dimension 4" by 4" by 4". It is a small space to work with, but please let your mind wander and feel free to go as crazy as you like!

If you want to participate, information to send to JacquelineD:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 18 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)

Do you have any allergies?

Do you have any allergens in your home (cats, smoke, etc)?

What sort of crafts do you dabble in?

Any specific crafts you'd like to receive?

Are there any themes that you really dont like?

Colors youd like to receive?

Colors youd prefer not to receive?

Please list you 5 Favorite/Artistically Inspiring/Guilty Pleasuse/etc etc Films here please:

Do you have specific ideas or inspirations that would help your partner personalize your piece (Wists, Etsy Favorites, Flickr, etc)?

Anything else youd like your partner to know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO JACQUELINED VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

PARTNERS

JACQUELINED's GROUP

1.JacquelineD <--> LiveLongandCraft
2.ralph <-->  deadbathducky
3.sylvanna<--> imbettinonalice
4.gracewolf <-->hippieguts123
5. Oxynitrate <--> InvisibleCastle
6.IsikkahJai <--> Ryn
7.Smeddley <--> jnny_heck
8.gala_apples <-->redpopsicles

HAROLDLOVESMAUDE's GROUP

1.haroldlovesmaude <--> Lady Lovecraft
2.kyerinn <--> redflags
3.littlemissproof <--> Spazgirl1981
4.h-chan <--> mandykaye
5.windgie79 <--> AshleyCatherine
6.minxalee <--> audey thunders
7.prettyrustyrobot<--> Ashley G.
8.karwash <--> PureOath

sent
received
sent & received
CONTACT ORGANIZER IMMEDIATELY

GALLERY

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011 02:48:27 PM by JacquelineD » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

Sitting in my room, with a needle in my hand...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010 07:23:03 AM »

I'm interested, but I'm going to hold off on signing up just yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
Currently on a swap break...
scarlet_nights
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010 08:16:35 AM »

Oh I love movies but iM already in a swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JacquelineD
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010 08:19:11 AM »

Well, Sign-Ups are until December 15th, so if you're all done with your swap before that please join! It'll be a fun one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennilocker
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010 08:48:18 AM »

I would totally do this if we didnt have to watch all 5 movies...that's a lot of extra time....maybe next round though!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010 08:50:24 AM »

Oooh...I still love the idea of this swap and think I might join...my only conern is that all five of my films may be guilty pleasures rather than artistically inspiring  Wink

I love that you need to watch your partner's five favs before crafting though...I'm always looking for new films to watch Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JacquelineD
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010 09:47:44 AM »

I would totally do this if we didnt have to watch all 5 movies...that's a lot of extra time....maybe next round though!!

It doesn't have to be a lot of time! You might not enjoy all 5 of the movies. So, with this in mind, I was thinking people would give the movies a chance, and then go with the 3 movies they enjoyed themselves. Say you get 20mins into movie A and decide you don't care for it, you move on to the next movie.

Of course, it's entirely up to the individual. Some people may choose to sit through all 5 of the movies even if they don't enjoy them (brave souls)

Unlike most other swaps where you are crafting based solely on the individuals preferences, this swap gives you the opportunity to find something in common with your partner and craft that. You might find a new favorite film! That was my idea behind it anyway. It might not work out that way haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JacquelineD
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010 09:49:04 AM »

Oooh...I still love the idea of this swap and think I might join...my only conern is that all five of my films may be guilty pleasures rather than artistically inspiring  Wink

I love that you need to watch your partner's five favs before crafting though...I'm always looking for new films to watch Smiley

Haha oh that's alright! I know a couple of my guilty pleasure will be on the list.
I'm glad you like that requirement! I know it's not for everyone, but I felt it was necessary.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennilocker
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010 10:29:10 AM »

It doesn't have to be a lot of time! You might not enjoy all 5 of the movies. So, with this in mind, I was thinking people would give the movies a chance, and then go with the 3 movies they enjoyed themselves. Say you get 20mins into movie A and decide you don't care for it, you move on to the next movie.

Of course, it's entirely up to the individual. Some people may choose to sit through all 5 of the movies even if they don't enjoy them (brave souls)

Unlike most other swaps where you are crafting based solely on the individuals preferences, this swap gives you the opportunity to find something in common with your partner and craft that. You might find a new favorite film! That was my idea behind it anyway. It might not work out that way haha

That makes it much easier!  I know there are some movies I couldnt force myself to sit through! LOL! My movies are ALL guilty pleasures...I'll leave the noir films for the intellectuals...giv e me HHG2G and Love Actually anyday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redflags
Right behind you.

Attention span of a caffeinated gerbil

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010 11:26:22 AM »

I think I may have to do this. The signup end date is the day after all my x-mas packages need to be sent out, which means I should be through the majority of my holiday crafting avalanche. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterests
Etsy

50 Projects in 2011!
Project on Every Board, Craftalong for ME, Fake Swapping Craft-along, Patchwork Sampler Blanket knitalong
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Father of Standup Comedy Wayne Flemming
Chatting With Comedian Jazz Mann
How to Package a Letter with an Inflatable Die
Country Band Rascal Flatts Interview
The Evolution of the Flash Mobs
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...