A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sending thank you cards after a swap is completed...  (Read 2529 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gingerpeachy
Will swap for knitted hexi-puffs (beekeepers quilt) or heart-shaped buttons

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: November 28, 2010 11:21:04 PM »

I've often thought about sending my swap partners a thank you card (separate from the package) after a swap.  Just a "hey, thanks for sending me such a great package" etc.  But I don't want to cross any lines or have someone think I'm creepy...  Thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.

Check out my new crafty blog! gingery peachy
ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010 07:54:14 AM »

I think it's a nice idea, but maybe a little 'over the top.' I mean, you've thanked them by PM when the package came (you have, haven't you?) and then when you posted in the gallery. IMO, I don't think a 3rd thank you is necessary.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pearliepie

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010 09:09:35 PM »

I always think about it too, but I am much to lazy to actually do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010 03:03:49 AM »

I think it's a nice idea, but maybe a little 'over the top.' I mean, you've thanked them by PM when the package came (you have, haven't you?) and then when you posted in the gallery. IMO, I don't think a 3rd thank you is necessary.

I disagree, if you want to send a thank you then go for it! I think most people appreciate being appreciated! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 6/2

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
KimmyLynne82

I enjoy being a dame.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011 05:46:21 AM »

I'd say, depending on the vibes you get from your partner (do they communicate with you more than the required check-ins? Do they leave you more than one line comments when they do check in? etc) it'd be ok. I'd appreciate it, but then again I like getting things in the mail other than bills and junk mail Smiley

I've often thought about this too...and even around holidays - sending a handmade card, etc...but didn't know how weird that might be. "O hai, I swapped with you x months ago, and am sending you a card..." LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Kim~*
wists~ Swap Ideas on Pinterest~Blog

I <3 Personal Swaps!
Seereeoslee

Get 'em while they're young

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011 06:43:41 AM »

I'm a newly registered member so I haven't been able to participate in a swap yet, but personally I would love a thank you note in the mail (like someone already said: it's nice to have something other than junk and bills).  And as far as christmas cards go: the more the merrier!  It'd be awesome to get a Christmas/Yule/Hanukkah card from a friendly fellow craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*  *  *  *  Swaps  *  *  *  *  Granny's Daughters Round 8 and a Half (time to buy more yarn)  *  *  *  *
Mod35tBabe
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011 07:29:48 AM »

Just wondering if anyone has ever sent a swap parcel they were happy with, that met swap guidelines.... until they got a parcel back and realised their partner had spoilt them a lot more - do you think in this situation a thank you card might be nice? As a "I realise I didn't spoil you as much as you did me, but thank you for doing that" kind of thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011 09:29:25 AM »

I'm going to put this out here and hope it's not taken the wrong way...I tend to over-spoil b/c I have confidence issues about the quality of my crafting.  I know that I also get joy out of finding "just the right" spoilage items for my partner/inspired to make an awesome spoiler item(s).  I don't expect an extra "thank you" in the form of a card or more items or anything.  If my partner expresses excitement over his/her package and says thanks, I'm happy.

Also, I spend what little free time I have crafting, b/c for me, it is a big stress reliever which equals more completed items.  I realize that not everyone else operates the same way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011 06:11:37 PM »

I think a thankyou card is always nice to get in any context regardless Smiley  Often I pm people randomly months later to let them know how much I love a swap item (especially the things that I use/see daily)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011 06:51:36 AM »

I have done the same thing as alteredmommy - PM'd someone months later to say "thanks again, lovin' the item". Smiley

I have also received a PM from a partner who did the same thing - a PM or a card, either is nice! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FinRaziel
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011 12:16:10 PM »

I have done the same thing as alteredmommy - PM'd someone months later to say "thanks again, lovin' the item". Smiley

I have also received a PM from a partner who did the same thing - a PM or a card, either is nice! Smiley

that's a great idea, i can't believe i've never thought to do it! i have crafted items in my house from swaps that i see every day and still can't get over how amazing they are. i would love for the people who made them to know that they are still on display and being admired.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make a friend swap: planning/crafting
one tiny stuffie round 5: crafting!

15/50 projects in 2011: link

wists.com/FinRaziel
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011 09:28:16 PM »

I organized a swap that (unfortunately) needed a swap angel and I remember getting a PM from the angeled partner asking for the angels address to send a Thank You card, I thought that was really sweet. I also think a Thank You card would be nice in any swap circumstances, but not necessary as you do thank them by PM and pics in the gallery, and the swap package you also sent them  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011 09:08:21 PM »

I think thank you cards are nice too. If you feel you want to send a little extra thank you, then why not? I sent a thank you card to a person who sent a great package to me in a round-robin style swap. Even though we all got a package, I just wanted to send her a little extra thank you directly. She had put a lot of care and thought into what she made me, and also was happy to mail it far, far away.

I'd never expect an extra card or PM, but I'd think it was lovely Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Hiroshi
How to Draw Hinata Hyuga
Behind The Scenes: IDW Comic-Con Exclusives
How to Draw Frankenstein Doctor
How to Draw Final Fantasy Characters
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...