A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,668
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Would a shelf look ok here?  (Read 954 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OspreyWife

Proud Marine Wife, Crochet & Spinning Addict

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2010 07:43:19 PM »

I have three framed photos in my kitchen that are driving me insane! i love the photos and the frames but every time my kids hit the wall they fall or slant. This happens so often that i stopped fixing them and just leave them slanted. So here is my idea.... would it look good with a white shelf where the photos are now? I'm not thinking wide just small enough for the photos and since i have a coffee theme i thought about even a vintage coffee grinder and/or tea cups on there as well.

Thanks in advance for all thoughts! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inna
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010 08:29:06 AM »

Check out this website for their shelf ideas
there are a few that would look amazing there
http://ana-white.com/plancatalog
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Drama llama ding dong
Artisan82

formerly Crafty.Canadian

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010 09:26:03 AM »

I think a shelf would work - but if the kids are causing enough movement for the pictures to slant, I'd be worried they would knock the stuff off the shelf.  You could also use some peel & stick velcro in one corner of each frame (one side on the wall, one side on the frame) to stop them from shifting on their hanger.  The velcro peels off the wall easily if you want to change/ take down your frames.  I prefer velcro to double-sided tape (or similar) because you can adjust the velcro position an infinite number of times (makes it easier to hang - don't have to line things up perfectly the first time).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010 09:28:44 AM by Crafty.Canadian » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I post all my crafty stuff on Facebook.  I'd LOVE if you'd like my page!
Artisan 82 on Facebook
My baby, my Etsy shop: Artisan 82 on Etsy
angelwing75
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010 09:28:49 AM »

I had the same problem.  To keep my frames from moving, I stuck one of the small clear (not foam!) 3M mounting squares on each of the bottom back corners of the frames.  I put the frames back on the wall, straightened them, then pushed against the bottom of the frame lightly so the squares would stick.  They're so light that they don't really stick all that hard to the wall, but they are "rubbery" enough to keep the frame from moving.  My frames haven't moved a millimeter since!

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotch-Mounting-Squares-Package/dp/B00004Z4A7/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1291051375&sr=8-4
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010 09:29:30 AM by angelwing75 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
OspreyWife

Proud Marine Wife, Crochet & Spinning Addict

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010 11:57:17 AM »

Thanks for site and the ideas! They don't hit the wall very hard before they slant thats why it's so annoying!
I'm still debating on the shelf or not...hmm... i also think that wall is to blah, any ideas other than a shelf?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

N30Nb100d
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010 12:53:28 PM »

I think a shelf would look really nice there. It would add some detail to the wall on it's own, and you can put something on it to add more. If you don't go with a shelf, maybe some larger pictures or more of them. These seem a little too small to balance the room. Someone posted a heart made out of photos in frames recently, something like that would be cool though you'd have even more frames to straighten...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010 05:03:39 PM »

If you just want to stop the pictures from tilting, put some clear pushpins next to the bottom frame corners. The clear isn't visible, and they leave miniscule holes.

(I like the idea of a shelf too)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint Warhammer Miniatures
How to Paint Blood Angels
How to Do Scrapbook Embellishments
How to Paint N Gauge Buildings
How to Paint N Gauge Model Railways
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...