A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea Sampler! (school project)  (Read 8885 times)
Tags for this thread: tea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frecklesinoureyes
« on: November 28, 2010 02:09:42 PM »

I'm a second year graphic design student, and recently we got assigned a project I was so excited about, because it involved sewing!

The assignment was to design a tea sampler (three flavours of tea with a theme, and ten of each flavour would be in the actual bag), and a fabric bag container for the tea bags. We had to come up with a company name, design a logo for the company, have hand-drawn illustrations on the tea bags, have a mock up of each flavour tea bag, and create the fabric bag for them to go in.

Here's the whole project!

front of the bag! my design was to make it look like a big tea bag itself (hence the ribbon string & tab). i used beige cotton with a layer of tulle over top for some texture. i dyed the white tulle with tea to give it a brownish look.

detail. my company name is "Steeps Tea", which i designed on the computer and printed on iron-on paper, ironed on to a piece of fabric and stitched onto the bag. i used lace (which i also dyed with tea) and ribbon for decoration, and a vintage button to cover the snap which closes the bag.

here's the back, with an other stitched on iron-on, with a description of the product.

close-up of the iron-on. my theme for the flavours is relaxation, so i did some research and found that these three flavours are particularly good for relaxing

front of the tab, another iron-on of the logo

and the back of the tab, ironed on, quick description of the product, and my name (i had nowhere else to put it!)

what the tea bags look like inside the bag. since this is just a mock up of the product, we only had to make three tea bags, but make the bag big enough for thirty to fit in.

and finally, the tea bags! the illustrations and text are hand done and scanned into the computer, where i added color and placed them on a little template i made, then printed them and put them together with a bit of stuffing inside to simulate the actual tea. the very small text was added on the computer, and it is just steeping instructions.

and the back of the tea bags. since my theme is relaxation, i put three things that are relaxing to do while drinking tea Smiley

sorry for so many pictures, i am just so happy with how this project turned out and i like how cute my little bag is Smiley

if anyone is interested, i based my pattern for the bag off of the famous jordy bag here on craftster, but changed it up a bit to have a teabag sort of shape.

thanks for looking!!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010 10:38:40 AM by frecklesinoureyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010 03:16:17 PM »

I absolutely love all of this and hope you get an A+ on it!  It would also make a great gift for a tea lover, esp. if it was personalized with the person's name or something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
frecklesinoureyes
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010 03:23:16 PM »

I absolutely love all of this and hope you get an A+ on it!  It would also make a great gift for a tea lover, esp. if it was personalized with the person's name or something like that.

thankyou!! it would make a nice gift, i'll keep that in mind!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buffalogirl

Gotta love it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010 03:37:47 PM »

Wonderful project and you did great!  I love the linen look and the tea tags, btw . Being a tea lover, I could just imagine this as a stocking stuffer. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frecklesinoureyes
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010 03:38:41 PM »

Wonderful project and you did great!  I love the linen look and the tea tags, btw . Being a tea lover, I could just imagine this as a stocking stuffer. 

thankyou!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annigirl22
Kickin Ass since '89

ninja! or something like that...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010 06:49:42 PM »

you did such a beautiful job!
I had totally forgotten about these until I looked at your post. and I've been thinking about carrying tea for a while. =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.
-Richard Bach

feel free to stalk me:
http://pinterest.com/annigirl22/
http://wists.com/annigirl22

I <3 personal swaps, PM me! Wink
OriginALLIty
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010 06:51:55 PM »

super cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010 08:57:54 AM »

Cool  Awesome job. This is so Kool, with all the work you put into it & Beautiful fabric. I don't drink tea much, but for those who do it's great. I hope you get an A or more on it. Thanks for showing it.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap RD 3"
"Fall Character Ninni Swap"
'Christmas Stocking Swap RD 10"

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
frecklesinoureyes
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010 09:00:22 AM »

thanks everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
futureHawes
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010 02:21:34 PM »

It looks really nice! I love seeing the projects of graphic design students. Smiley I'm not a big tea fan, but this makes me want to grab some of that tea!!

(Oh, but chamomile is spelled wrong on the back of the main bag. :3)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Time and Temperature Tips for Roasting a Turkey
Roasting a Holiday Turkey
How to Garnish the Platter with Turkey Leftovers
How to Remove the Breast Meat of a Turkey
How to Remove the Wings of a Holiday Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...