A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: It's time to vote for your favorite swapped project! Smiley  Vote now through Sunday, August 30th!
Total Members: 311,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Silly bandz??  (Read 3825 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sushipanda
« on: November 26, 2010 05:13:54 PM »

Hey guys,

Silly bandz are the new craze with kids.  They're basically rubber bands made of silicone and have different shapes.  (http://sillybandz.com/photoweek.php)  What crafty things can we do with them?  Huh

Thanks!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010 05:19:34 PM by sushipanda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sushipanda
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010 12:21:58 AM »

any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexus1325
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010 01:46:59 PM »

Silly bands + dollar store ribbon = cheap Xmas ornaments. You could even string a whole mass of them together as a garland. The insane colours let you re-use them for birthday parties and other occasions where you just want something colourfully distracting laced around your banisters Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010 09:37:23 AM »

I saw this tutorial from Soap Queen before to use the silly bands in soap...kinda neat! Of course, this involves having soap making materials, but it's the melt and pour kind so I know some folks have it around.
http://soap-queen.blogspot.com/2010/09/its-soaping-cats-and-dogs.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SoftFlexGuy
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010 12:20:45 PM »

Oh. I like the Silly Bandz in soap idea.

Really cool.

It's funny though, just today I read an article in Vanity Fair - their online edition - that claims that Silly Bandz are now looked upon unfavorably. The article claims that the bubble has burst on the fad and it is now non grata.

So, you may want to think twice about crafting with Silly Bandz if you are giving the finished goods to a child or somebody that has had their fair share of them, lest you be the uncool uncle - as I am - for my lack of insight into the cool world of my nephew. Hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010 05:13:44 PM »

I was in need of a ponytail holder one day and couldn't get to my huge store of silicone hairbands. The silly bandz was there and it worked perfectly...
Not a craft, but a way to reuse them once they've fallen out of fashion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
xperimentl
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011 11:27:06 AM »

We just cleaned my daughter's room and found a million of these things.  Maybe you could integrate them into collages or glue them on cards with some illustrations around them.  Maybe sew them down to fabric with little stitches, an accent on embroidery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can't use up creativity.  The more you use, the more you have."  Maya Angelou

My Flickr
My Pinterest
BroadwayBound313
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011 09:20:16 PM »

My sister is a teacher and she has to confiscate these all the time. Neither of us likes them but if you can mount them onto something they make pretty good stamps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting." -Tinkerbell

http://www.wists.com/BroadwayBound313
skittlebub
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011 01:28:36 PM »

My 10y.o. cousin & he friends wear them as bracelets. String them on some ribbon or leather as a necklace. Glue them around a picture frame or on a canvas. Put felt on one side & make a felt board to go with them
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
lovelyxmalia
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011 07:34:28 PM »

I like the stamp idea!  Maybe adhere them onto foam somehow?  Or a block of wood?  I also like the collage idea...I can see them making really neat designs in wet paint if you smear them around because of their shapes...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She sees shooting stars...
              & comet's tail
She's got heaven in her eyes.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Haircut for Square Face Shapes
The Best Haircut for Oval Face Shapes
3 Ways to Braid Your Hair
15 of the Best Highlights in Hollywood
Advice for Thinning Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...