A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,651
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help for wonky crotch/fly Jeans  (Read 1728 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Glamis

Hello, my name is glamis and I am a bibliophilic..

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: November 25, 2010 10:32:20 AM »

This is (obviously my problem):

The crotch part should (in my opinion) be shaped like a V but it is more of a stretched U. Does anybody know how to fix it?Huh??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting any kind of skull shaped beads and patches-feel free to send me spare ones  ;-)
---------------------------------------------
etsy
pinterest
draw me s.
amazing_784
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010 05:16:28 PM »

On ready-made pants it's a real PAIN.  It involves taking the waistband off and chopping off a little bit of the front top seam, including the zipper.  It might not be possible to put the jeans back together, unless you can get the button out, then back in again and have it stay.  If it has belt loops, the front 2 need to be detached as well, either that or shorten them so that you can't use them for a belt. 
I know that these aren't very specific details, but I hope you caught the idea of what I was trying to explain.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zowiewoahie

But it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010 02:15:01 PM »

Hmmmm. I know how to fix it, but not on factory made jeans. When I made my fist pair of pants I had the same problem, there was to much fabric in the crotch area. So I drafted it into a dart, and then cut out the dart making a top yoke to attach to the bottom of the pants. That fixed the issue compleatly. How to do that on finished pants like this, I don't know. Maybe a tailor could tell you if there is anything that could be done? I never took tailoring in school! Cheesy  You can check out my last post to see pictures that may help show what I was trying to explain
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lets all go to Jack Taylor's to celebrate!
Glamis

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010 03:48:58 PM »

I see what you mean but I am afraid that would be way to complicated and time consuming to perform on finished pants. But the idea is really good. Thanks,
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting any kind of skull shaped beads and patches-feel free to send me spare ones  ;-)
etsy
pinterest
draw me s.
chicnjoy
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010 04:59:37 PM »

Hello, and Happy new year!
First your Jeans are for men, this is why it does that, then to fix it you have to unsew all the front zipper included, and try it on you and make the marks you need to make it fits you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Glamis

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011 01:02:13 AM »

I did not notice that because all the rest fits super. Thanks for the idea! Guess I have to find my seam ripper then!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy
pinterest
draw me s.
ewright607
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011 06:58:16 PM »

I just did this today on a pair of jeans I stole from my husband and altered the heck out of. Smiley It is because they are men's pants, and here's how I fixed it. I unpicked the waistband seam from the center out to where the inner pocket edge meets the waistband. Then, I made a diagonal cut on the jeans fabric itself from about an inch or inch and a half down on the zipper edge on each side, up to that spot where the pocket edge meets the waistband. Make sure the distance you're cutting is the same on both zipper edges. Then, I took that newly cut edge and sewed it back into the waistband. Because it's now cut on a diagonal, there's more fabric so it won't all fit as nicely as before. To fix that, I was just able to double over some of the fabric on the flaps that cover the zipper inside and out. It's not even noticeable, unless you're having to double over so much that it's exposing the zipper. I suppose you could also try putting in a dart inbetween the pocket and the fly or easing in the difference something, but this worked for me. Hope that makes a little sense...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ewright607
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011 06:59:28 PM »

But like someone else said, make sure to detach and reattach the beltloops for this process as well. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Glamis

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011 02:40:08 AM »

Thanks, I am going to try that. I really never thought that it could be a mens jeans because I got it in the womens department....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy
pinterest
draw me s.
ewright607
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011 08:56:09 AM »

At a thrift store or regular store? It could just be that the manufacturer's pattern was a little off, who knows. That should fix the problem though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lana Del Rey Styles Up a Summer-Perfect Mini Dress on Stage
Tips for Flawless Fourth of July Looks
Slip Your Feet Into These Four Stylish Summer Sandals
How to Wear the Neon Trend for Summer
Blake Lively Suits Up in Crimson Menswear
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...