A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
308 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Summertime Anklet Swap Gallery!  (Read 5004 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TabaRhodes
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2005 06:44:32 PM »

the usps is crazy!! last time i was there jenmparrot was with me, and they wouldn't let her get a dc# for her anklets b/c her package was too thin!!  mine was about the same size and they let me get one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emma bo bemma

My hovercraft is full of eels.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2005 07:00:23 PM »

Here are my pictures of what i sent TabaRhodes!

this was such a fun swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when you think the night has seen your mind
that inside you're twisted and unkind
let me stand to show that you are blind
surfergrl311

&& don't be so so sure. this is all it adds up to

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2005 08:33:43 PM »

the usps is crazy!! last time i was there jenmparrot was with me, and they wouldn't let her get a dc# for her anklets b/c her package was too thin!!  mine was about the same size and they let me get one!

i know they are a trip.....i've been saying we need to create a craftster post office! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

surfergrl311

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2005 01:41:53 PM »

well here are the anklets that i recieved from bkrenning! i love them! Smiley

i haven't seen any action shots so here are a few!

lol so excuse my feet...they are a little disturbing! Roll Eyes...lol...just concentrate on the anklet! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mikania
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2005 02:13:54 PM »

TabaRhodes- Using buttons for an anklet is an awesome idea! You've given me inspiration on a future project.

Emma- I love the blue anklet you made. All of those awesome beads make it crazy in a cool way. Is that embroidery floss you used?

*Edit* Holy crap, Bkrenning!

Below are the three anklets Leokandres sent me. They've been sitting in my PO Box all weekend and I was so excited I got them early this morning. It's gray and raining today, so the lighting is pretty bad.

My favorite is the colorful bottom one with the sun charm.

Thanks so much Leokandres![/color]
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005 02:31:55 PM by Mikania » THIS ROCKS   Logged
surfergrl311

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2005 02:27:00 PM »

i love that last two..the green on and the sun as well! they are very cute! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emma bo bemma

My hovercraft is full of eels.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2005 02:54:33 PM »

Emma- I love the blue anklet you made. All of those awesome beads make it crazy in a cool way. Is that embroidery floss you used?

aww thanks! it's hemp actually, i love making jewelry from hemp!

and bkrenning, that dangly leaf beaded anklet is AMAZING! surfergrl you lucked out!! hehe

i just realized how many exclamation points i use...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when you think the night has seen your mind
that inside you're twisted and unkind
let me stand to show that you are blind
StarFire
Maker of Things.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2005 03:56:01 PM »

I personally think all of your Post Office's are whack!   Tongue  The ones I use here locally allow me to use DC#s on anything I have sent.   I mean, its not like DC makes any REAL difference in the shipping of the package itself.   From what I understand, the DC is really only used by you and your reciever via the web or phone.   

I am going to give items another week or two to get to where they are supposed to be, and then we shall work on getting wonderous anklets to those who have not recieved any yet.   

I do have some great news tho....I have gotten EVERYONE'S "sent" PMs!!!   That means there are no flakers in this swap!!   (Just a bunch of crappy USPS workers in the US)

-Dawn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
surfergrl311

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2005 04:04:44 PM »

I personally think all of your Post Office's are whack!   Tongue  The ones I use here locally allow me to use DC#s on anything I have sent.   I mean, its not like DC makes any REAL difference in the shipping of the package itself.   From what I understand, the DC is really only used by you and your reciever via the web or phone.   

I am going to give items another week or two to get to where they are supposed to be, and then we shall work on getting wonderous anklets to those who have not recieved any yet.   

I do have some great news tho....I have gotten EVERYONE'S "sent" PMs!!!   That means there are no flakers in this swap!!   (Just a bunch of crappy USPS workers in the US)

yeah i think i got the wrong address to bkrenning so it just got back to me today...even though the USPS people put the right address on it for me! oh well i'll be sending that back out sometime this week! sorry bkrenning!

-Dawn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reen
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2005 05:24:11 PM »

I got my anklets this weekend and they're awesome! Unfortunately I won't be able to post pictures for a few days, because I can't figure out how and I need someone to show me. However, I will do my utmost to describe them here.

The first anklet is made with blue beads of varying shade, size, and shape. The clasp is silver, it fits very nicely, and it seems to incorporate a lot of the best shades of blue.

The second one is hemp, (God I'm so jealous of TheEverFalling! I tried hemp once and it turned out a complete mess!). It is a little less than half an inch thick and there are three moss-green beads tied into it. This one has got to be my favorite because I've always wanted a hemp bracelet, and since I apparently can't make my own this was a real stroke of luck. I love that it can get wet as well, (meaning that it'll probably see a lot of swimming action this summer).

The third one is really original. It's two strands of wire, (one dark blue and one silver), that are coiled around each other and bent into a circle. The ends are twisted into spirals and it wraps around the ankle like a coil bracelet, (if anybody else knows what those are). I was quite happy to get this one as well since Im so into spirals.

Thanks again to TheEverFalling for being such a great swapper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Mashed Potatoes
How to make Salisbury Steak Hamburger Steak with Gravy
How to make Mixed Beans
How to make Chicken Pot Pie Part 2
How to make Apple Dumpling
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...