A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Modern Cartoons Swap?  (Read 4659 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sewhappysue

addicted to dolls

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010 01:15:36 PM »

If this is after the holidays I'd definately be up for this one.I love crocheting cartoon characters! That's about all I make now except for the poppets! I've made Disney, Nick Jr, Looney Tunes and Warner Brothers. Would we be paired up according to ability or random draw? It's disappointing to say the least to spend a long time crafting something you are proud to send and then receive an item that looks like it was thrown together the evening before the mail out date. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against beginners. I use to be one. But I feel if you join a swap it should be something you have taken your time with and is something you'd be pleased to receive.
My first poppets scared the hell out of me! They are still naked in a plastic bag somewhere in the craft room!
I will definately keep an eye on this thread
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kimosabe001
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010 05:49:24 PM »

I would definitely love to be a part of this! I've made some adventure time themed crafts and i would love to make more! Although, I know nothing about organizing a swap :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interrobam
she-who-is-relatively-good-at-several-things

as human as humanly possible

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010 06:48:27 AM »

I think my partner may be overcome by the shear length of my list; I watched a lot of cartoons between middle school and uni. Tongue
Are we going to be including anime or will we leave that to the potential anime swap they're talking about in another thread? It might make it a little tough, since some things straddle the line a little (Martin Mystery and Avatar resemble anime, but aren't, for example), but there wouldn't be as much overlap between the two swaps, either. Well, assuming they happen around the same time.

I dont think anime should count a) because of the other swap and b) because then there would be waaaay too many options. I suppose for the line straddling shows you would use your own discretion. Big lists are great! Though maybe we should have two: "shows I watch and really want stuff from", and "shows I watch enough to craft for but don't want things from as much"

Also in terms of pairing people up shared shows and basic factors (allergies, shipping out of the country or not, etc.) would take priority over skill matching, but if you match pretty well with several people then I'm sure skill would be a factor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mini Halloween Swap: Package: SENT and RECEIVED

Pinterest
corduroy cat
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010 02:17:20 PM »

i can't do anything until the new year, but i'd love to do an adventure time swap! i like a bunch of the other shows too, but i'm way into adventure time right now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sae
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010 09:46:50 AM »

I love Flapjack, and would be happy to join a swap just for The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack! However, Adventure Time is growing on me, so if it was the "pick 3 of your faves" I could still work with that. Wink Yes, if this is after the holidays, I would love to join in! I actually just finally joined here after looking and learning for a while. I'm excited to get into some swaps (so awesome!) after I'm a month old. Haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Interrobam

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010 02:59:27 PM »

I'm pretty sure you'd be required to pick at least 3 shows, just so there would be more flexibility in partnering and crafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
nmcakemom07

All this acting normal is EXHAUSTING!!!!

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010 12:03:59 AM »

this could be a good one for me.  my son loves Johnny test and Courage the cowardly dog and I could go for anything Teen titans (or the upcoming Young Justice that looks AWESOME).  Will keep my eyes open.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Given a cape, tiara and a strong cup of coffee, yeah, I could rule the world.

my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/nmcakemom07/
CraftyWereWolf
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2010 09:58:01 AM »

that would be fun! more options to pick from and more of a variety!!
i would join! i adore flapjack and adventure time!!
i do adore teen titans i saw someone talking about that one, if that one counted there would be my three!!

i do hope someone picks up that could organize this, im still too new...i feel...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Interrobam

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011 02:37:29 PM »

Once I qualify to, if no one else has volunteered, I'll probably organize this. There seems to be a decent amount of interest, so I might need a coorganizer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011 04:59:33 PM »

Any idea when this may get started?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
8/150
My List
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Fondant Lion
How to Make a Fondant Crown
How to Make a Fondant Purse
How to Make a Fondant Penguin
How to Make Fondant Alphabet Blocks
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...