A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Messanger bag/backpack  (Read 2480 times)
Tags for this thread: messenger_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 23, 2010 05:34:38 PM »

I made Ryn this bag for the Pick Me Up Swap.  It is convertable from a messanger bag to a backpack.  It has an extra long strap and a ...not sure what to call it...kinda like a suspender clasp for a button, with out the button shaped thingy.  It was a rectangle , with a bar in the middle and a roller on one side.  Anyway the "thingy" was sewn to the top of the bag just above the place where the flap folded over.  Hers is padded cause it is for the Apple Pad she has to buy for school. When I tried it out, I figured I need to make myself one it was so comfortable.  When(if) I do I will post a tut.

As a backpack...

As a messanger bag...

I lined the bag in flaming flannel:

As far as a pattern..I took the specs off of the Apple web site.  Then I made the strap as long as I could based on the fabric I found hehehe.  I based the width on the hardwear I had....well the buckle.  I was just really lucky that I had the "thing" in the right colors...cause it was an after thought really.

The way I did the pick was as follows.  I downloaded the pick I wanted to use, then printed it out onto computer printer muslin.  Then I ironed it onto Steam-A-Seam Lite (which I need to write a love poem to one day..)  and then I machine embroidered the outline of the girl and a few other objects.  Some of the other bits I went over with a Decka pen (also due a love note of some sort....)  then ironed it down and scribble mach. embroidered the edges for durability.

I'm super happy with the way it came out...and Ryn seems happy too Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010 05:50:42 PM »

It looks really cool. If you do a tute for it link back to it here so I don't miss it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

b2j2fitz
Vibrant Designs

...is striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010 06:50:35 AM »

That piece you are talking about is called a slider.  They're used for making straps adjustable. 

In other news, that's a great bag!  I love how it converts between the two different type of bags.  Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010 08:49:25 AM »

That piece you are talking about is called a slider.  They're used for making straps adjustable. 

In other news, that's a great bag!  I love how it converts between the two different type of bags.  Well done!

Excelent!  Thanks a bunch.  It's nice to have a name for it besdies "thingy" now Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
MegHall
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010 02:27:47 PM »

VERY cool! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010 04:06:56 PM »

It's even more amazing in person! I'm the proud owner of this bag and I use it ALL the time, it's sitting next to me right now in my Psychopathology class. (...what, I'm not on craftster in class, who does that? not me)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelfay
Live Life

Crafting is a way of life!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011 03:02:13 PM »

I love this!!!! The way it converts to both a backpack and messenger bag is just to cool. I would love to see a tutorial for this!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Learn everything, Regret Nothing
beeshebags
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011 06:01:45 PM »

I love how it's convertible....well done chicky.

Hugs
Naomi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 6 Reasons to Use Sunscreen
How to Do Beach Makeup
Coconut Oil Beauty Tips From Giada De Laurentiis
How To Do Gold Eye Makeup
How To Do Flawless Bridesmaid Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...