A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Week of Halloween: warning - saturday got pretty gorey (12 images)  (Read 3450 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

N30Nb100d
« on: November 22, 2010 08:08:44 PM »

I LOVE costumes and therefore Halloween, so I dressed up every day during the week.
I started off with a themed lolita outfit on Monday. I made the blouse and skirt (plus the invisible undergarments). The awesome skirt fabric was from Joann's last year.

Tuesday was sort of a preview of my Saturday costume: creepy mad scientist. I made the lab coat for use in the photo lab/dark room last year because I'm prone to spilling things on myself. As you can see by all the stains, I did pretty well spilling chemicals haha.

Wednesday I was Trivial Pursuit. More images and info on this dress in the thread here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=349458.msg4072516#msg4072516

Thursday was the most normal day since I'll wear this the rest of the year, but I had a lot to do at school so didn't want to go too crazy. Another lolita outfit this time with skulls, daggers, spiders, and bats in the skirt. The blouse is the same as Monday, and I made the rest of the outfit as well. More info here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=365182.msg4290253#msg4290253

Friday was the end of the school week so I had to go all out. The dress was made for the sheet challenge a few months ago: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=352613.msg4118737#msg4118737
I was a dead bride - the makeup design was by another student in a theatrical makeup class but I applied it this time around. It's Ben Nye and Mehron.

Man, this post is long! Saturday morning I went to a kids' event so I was the fairy god mother (most people thought I was Glinda though). I made the crown and wand that morning because it was a last minute idea... then I wore it to home depot as well and got asked home improvement wishes (plus glittered their floor for free!)  Cheesy

Now, Saturday night I went out so I had to make it good. I went as a mad scientist after a lab accident. Take that sexy women's costumes! Someone still said I looked hot though  Tongue maybe they meant literally?

The makeup was some random loreal stuff, gelatin (knox worked just fine though I've read people say not to use it because it melts), and some Ben Nye.

Finally, Sunday night! Phew! I was giving out candy and there's a lot of very young kids so I didn't want to be too scary. I sat hunched over in front of the house and cackled at older kids though, scared a couple pretty well  Grin I'm pretty sure some of them thought I really was an old woman too Roll Eyes . This is the only costume where I didn't make any of the pieces. Old age makeup is again Ben Nye and Mehron, a little heavy because I was going to be sitting in the dark.

Happy late Halloween everyone! Please feel free to ask questions. C & C also welcome  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MayhapMurklins
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010 08:59:23 PM »

Wow that is awesome! I would love it if Halloween spread to be more of a week long celebration. Good job with all of those outfits/costumes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpookyPooky
~Where monsters and Wonderland come to life~

I myself am, strange and unusual.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010 11:52:29 PM »

I love all these! You are so awesome. I would give anything to have that first outfit and then Thursday's outfit, oh my gosh! I will message you my sizes for my own set, okay? Wink Seriously though, spectacular!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwality570
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010 07:14:50 AM »

Amazing!  A job well done on all of them.  I'm sure everyone was looking forward to seeing what you'd be wearing the next day. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katieloudesigns
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010 07:24:02 PM »

These are awesome!  I love the first Lolita dress and the mad scientist after the accident the most... I am really impressed with your mad skills
THIS ROCKS   Logged
N30Nb100d
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010 09:29:50 AM »

Wow that is awesome! I would love it if Halloween spread to be more of a week long celebration. Good job with all of those outfits/costumes!

If Christmas gets to start before Thanksgiving (at least around here it did...) then I think we should definitely get a week for Halloween!

Thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SnowLeopard
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011 02:43:29 PM »

I saw that orange fabric at Joanns and it didn't grab me, but that as a skirt is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Coff333Zombi3
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013 11:13:44 PM »

You are my Halloween Hero!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are days when I think there really is some huge great tapestry of a plan out there and we're all woven into it - this fabulous, complex pattern of life and death, full of recurring motifs and waves of color, and we're each one tiny thread in the weave.
― Jane Johnson, The Tenth Gift
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013 04:54:45 AM »

You are awesome! I wish our JoAnn's had that fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
UnusualMango
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013 01:23:26 PM »

Love every single outfit, well done you! I particularly like the black and orange skirt in the first pic, might see if I can find a pattern similar. Makeup is awesome too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cure Your Dry, Cracked Hands
Miranda Kerr Inspired Makeup Tutorial
How Alcohol Affects Your Skin
The Monday Makeover - The Bordeaux Lip
A Facial With Celebrity Aesthetician Nerida Joy
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...