A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
236 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Finland, Helsinki  (Read 21899 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cynde
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2009 08:07:23 AM »

Try here: http://www.happycow.net/europe/finland/helsinki/
and here http://www.vegaaniliitto.fi/restaurants.html
and here  http://eat.fi/en/helsinki
Cynde
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gregs
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010 07:39:33 AM »

Cynde:  Thank you! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
maedae

Halfway through my studies to become a dressmaker!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010 02:22:38 AM »

Novita (yarn) used to have it's outlet in Lauttasaari, idk if it's still there but it's pretty cheap. Tarjoustalo is a good place to buy yarn too, it's a little bit less expensive, and Prisma holds yarn as well as Koti-Anttila.

Buy a Suuri Ksity-lehti (magazine) and check out the adds and links in the back. It's the best way to go.

There's an Eurokangas on Vuorikatu right by Kaisaniemi metro-station but Eurokangas is expensive.
As for their flagship store in Vantaa, yes it's big. I think it's funny how they call it the biggest one in Scandinavia since Finland is not, nor will it ever be Scandi. Finns are Ugrics. Finland has nothing to do with Scandinavia, just as Estonia has nothing to do with the Baltic countries  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ballin Malin
thesunandtheturtle
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011 02:06:02 PM »

Thanks a lot for the addresses. I hope I will have time to visitn some next week. I'm going to be in Helsinki for a week!!  Cheesy

Anyone knows fabric stores in helsinki??

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi! The marimekko located in Hakaniemen Halli in the district of Kallio has good bargains in the second floor. Also there is a huuuge fair where I have seen lots of things (including fabrics) called Valillan Kirppis. The adress  is Aleksiskivenkatu 17  is a huuuuge brown building.

Usually Timari and Sinelli are the most known to buy things for handicrafts but I found them sometimes pricy. Close to Hakaniemen Halli there is a store full of fabrics. I like it. Also if you search in the second hand stores you can find fabrics as well.

I am posting a map with three places I have found where you can find some stuff in Hakaniemi (there is a metro station there called Hakaniemi Wink.

1. The one in red is a fabric store in the left hand of the post office of Kallio.
2. The building surrounded in pink is the Hakaniemen Halli (Marimekko second floor) Beautiful place full of colors. The second floor has many handicrafts.
3. The green one is UFF second hand store I have seen fabrics in there. Sometimes they have special price (two weeks ago they were 50% off).

I hope this can help you a little. Have a nice trip!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

thesunandtheturtle
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011 02:08:35 PM »

Thanks a lot for the addresses. I hope I will have time to visitn some next week. I'm going to be in Helsinki for a week!!  Cheesy

Hi! The marimekko located in Hakaniemen Halli in the district of Kallio has good bargains in the second floor. Also there is a huuuge fair where I have seen lots of things (including fabrics) called Valillan Kirppis. The adress  is Aleksiskivenkatu 17  is a huuuuge brown building.

Usually Timari and Sinelli are the most known to buy things for handicrafts but I found them sometimes pricy. Close to Hakaniemen Halli there is a store full of fabrics. I like it. Also if you search in the second hand stores you can find fabrics as well.

I am posting a map with three places I have found where you can find some stuff in Hakaniemi (there is a metro station there called Hakaniemi Wink.
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4397/guideb.jpg
1. The one in red is a fabric store in the left hand of the post office of Kallio.
2. The building surrounded in pink is the Hakaniemen Halli (Marimekko second floor) Beautiful place full of colors. The second floor has many handicrafts.
3. The green one is UFF second hand store I have seen fabrics in there. Sometimes they have special price (two weeks ago they were 50% off).

Ooooh goodammit I just realized I am 5 years too late. Well, if someone wants to know where to find fabrics my post can help hahahaahah!!!!!!! Tongue
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011 03:59:48 PM by MareMare - Reason: please remove image tags when quoting pics » THIS ROCKS   Logged

thesunandtheturtle
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011 12:50:36 AM »

Thanks a lot for the addresses. I hope I will have time to visitn some next week. I'm going to be in Helsinki for a week!!  Cheesy

Hi! The marimekko located in Hakaniemen Halli in the district of Kallio has good bargains in the second floor. Also there is a huuuge fair where I have seen lots of things (including fabrics) called Valillan Kirppis. The adress  is Aleksiskivenkatu 17  is a huuuuge brown building.

Ooooh goodammit I just realized I am 5 years too late. Well, if someone wants to know where to find fabrics my post can help hahahaahah!!!!!!! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Mix Acrylic Paint Colors
How to Keep Acrylic Paint from Drying Too Fast
How to Paint a Simple Background with Acrylic Paint
How to Paint with Acrylic Paint: Perspective
How to Paint a Mottled Background with Acrylic Paint
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...