A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Mysterious Galliano Pirate Jacket: Completed!  (Read 19171 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tigralon
Tig Gooseberry Tartlet

~ living in a magical dollhouse ~

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2005 08:55:49 AM »

Probably it will be like some other items I have, which I am keeping to give to whomever I eventually marry, so that I actually get to keep them, if you see what I mean.

I still hold out hope that I will get someone into this with an eyepatch and a pirate hat.

That's an incredibly cunning plan!  She'll just have to have a waist no larger than 26", so I have this vision of you running around with a tape measure, checking out girls to see if they could fit into your Union Jack jacket before going on any dates with them.  Grin

I for one will be eagerly (but patiently) awaiting your "official photo shoot" pictures with eyepatch and pirate hat.  After all the hours we spent on these garments, they deserve to be exhibited right!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What is a television apparatus to man, who has only to shut his eyes to see the most inaccessible regions of the seen and the never seen, who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary Baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust."  - Salvador Dali
caribbeanjerk
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2005 09:15:28 AM »

Gorgeous job - looks like so much work and you got through it with an incredible success!  You should be proud of a wonderous job well done.

-caribbeanjerk-
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmaskid74
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2005 11:00:13 AM »

Awesome job!

I actually downloaded this pattern and GASP! because there were two many pieces and no instruction. -_-
You guys are really brave to start and finsh this cool jacket! Make me inspired.

Tutorial please! I'd like to try runaway version. Smiley
(I might need to modify this to be more wearable. ^^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cathou

se roule un mouton

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2005 11:04:59 AM »

Awesome job!

I actually downloaded this pattern and GASP! because there were two many pieces and no instruction. -_-
You guys are really brave to start and finsh this cool jacket! Make me inspired.

(I might need to modify this to be more wearable. ^^)

everything we know about the pattern is here : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=28780.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<("<) <( " )> (>")>
curli

bringin' crafty back

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2005 06:16:06 PM »

Goodness Gracious, that's magnificent! Kiss

I had never heard of that website either, but it's really cool! In fact, after seeing that website and your jacket, I think I might make my own.

(plus I don't need a translator. French is my first language. Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^_^
messy jessie
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2005 08:07:22 PM »

Shocked im stunned completely...PLEASE! IM BEGGING YOU TO GIVE THE TUTORIAL...I LOVE THAT JACKET...its so exquisite how did you ever stumble across that desgin? did you create the beutifule work of art or copy it? i dont even care as long as its living! you must respond and leave a tutorial asap!!!! begging you!...i want one...will pay for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.........jessica..........*wink*
dusk
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2005 06:37:22 AM »

incredible... i followed the sew-a-long and the suspence has been killing me, congrats, your time and patience *really* paid off  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not evil, just drawn that way!"
tigralon
Tig Gooseberry Tartlet

~ living in a magical dollhouse ~

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2005 07:16:04 AM »

Thank you so much everyone for the compliments and positive feedback!  It's especially great to hear from those of you who had been watching our progress.  It was a lot of fun to share the process with all of you.

I actually wore my jacket out in public for its inaugural "evening on the town" last night, and it was very well received.  Cheesy  Lots of confused stares, but lots of smiles also.  I'm definitely going to be wearing it whenever I can get an opportunity.  
(If you live in Philadelphia, NYC, or DC (my three common haunts) and ever happen to see me in my jacket, I hope you'll come say hi!  Cheesy)

everything we know about the pattern is here : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=28780.0

And I second that - if you're seriously interested in making this jacket, definitely check out the original discussion thread.  This pattern is an exciting puzzle, a mystery to be solved.  As it says on the Showstudio website, "The making of this jacket should be as important as the wearing of it."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What is a television apparatus to man, who has only to shut his eyes to see the most inaccessible regions of the seen and the never seen, who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary Baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust."  - Salvador Dali
cathou

se roule un mouton

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2005 07:34:45 AM »

Goodness Gracious, that's magnificent! Kiss

I had never heard of that website either, but it's really cool! In fact, after seeing that website and your jacket, I think I might make my own.

(plus I don't need a translator. French is my first language. Grin)

What part of quebec are you in?? I'm in montral!! and I get all excited when a see some qubcois(e) craftster

Shocked im stunned completely...PLEASE! IM BEGGING YOU TO GIVE THE TUTORIAL...I LOVE THAT JACKET...its so exquisite how did you ever stumble across that desgin? did you create the beutifule work of art or copy it? i dont even care as long as its living! you must respond and leave a tutorial asap!!!! begging you!...i want one...will pay for it!

look at my post about 2 post up from yours and you'll get all the answer you need!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<("<) <( " )> (>")>
messy jessie
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2005 02:44:31 PM »

YAY! im so excited...im gonna try this...i will post if i can ever figure that out,but its bound to be months from now!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.........jessica..........*wink*
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cry Convincingly on Stage
How to Direct Actors
How to Digitize Super 8mm
How to Edit Your First Movie
How to Shoot Your First Movie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pallet Shelf
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...