A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,879
Currently Running With Scissors:
746 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Mysterious Galliano Pirate Jacket: Completed!  (Read 17969 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sewlittletime

Pink frosting is wunnerful, dahlink!!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2005 11:59:24 PM »

Holy cow! You guys did a fantastic job! I don't think I would have had the patience to tackle this one, but now I'm totally inspired to give it a shot....maybe...eep! I also bow down to your wonderous sewing skills!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dolores
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2005 09:37:09 AM »

*GASP*...how beautiful! I've been lurking around on your sewalong thread so I kinda knew you'd work it all out (pretty sure i'd have given up a loong time ago!) but GOOD GRIEF those jackets are fabulous! Big respect all round, & will you all be sending your pics to the showstudio site?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bowlordie
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2005 11:07:53 AM »

wow..i have been watching over this post forever!! as i saw completed, i was shocked.  the anticipation was killing me. a job very well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

minority1039
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2005 01:18:19 PM »

ahhhh!!!!!!!!! i think i am in love, and now that i know that it can be done, i think i might just have to attempt at this...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He's had a stroke... of GENIOUS!
Milly
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2005 02:35:42 AM »

wow. seriously well done that looks awesome and it wow. i am actually astounded! i wish i knew guys like you though grrr serisouly though, wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i want to walk in the snow and not leave a footprint
aribobari

feaaaar meeee.=]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2005 08:21:02 PM »

i've been following your thread for awhile and MAN you guys ROCK most people would have just given it up, GOOD JOB!!!!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dirt_made_my_lunch

don't think twice, it's alright

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2005 08:24:24 PM »

::::::dead:::::::

it's so......union jack. me and my cursed anglophilia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now the wintertime is coming,
The windows are filled with frost.
I went to tell everybody,
But I could not get across.
Well, I wanna be your lover, baby,
I don't wanna be your boss.
Don't say I never warned you
When your train gets lost.
selenium
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2005 08:45:56 PM »

IndividualFrog--

I'm guessing that you are not planning on adding the jacket to your wardrobe.  What will you be doing with it?  Are you planning on selling it or keeping it for your portfolio?  I'm amazed by everyone's results.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
IndividualFrog

the petals will darken and sink

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2005 02:36:25 AM »

Please excuse me because I am very tired, and I feel like everything I write sounds extremely weird.  I've been trying to scan the "in-progress" pictures, but my computer and/or scanner are being difficult.

But thanks everybody for all your kind words.

As for what I'm going to do with it, my plan is pretty much that I'll hang onto it, and occasionally take it out and go "Wow!"  Originally I thought I might give it to someone, then I thought I would use it as a sort of one-piece sewing portfolio: "See, I can do this, and this, and this" but, if you really give it your minute attention, there are little imperfections here and there which make me too embarassed to show to anybody very serious about sewing, much less possible employers.  (Of course you are all serious about sewing, but you can't really see any of the problems in pictures, only if you are looking closely.)  Probably it will be like some other items I have, which I am keeping to give to whomever I eventually marry, so that I actually get to keep them, if you see what I mean.  I've been wondering how much this jacket was originally at Galliano, and I'm guessing in the neighborhood of eight thousand dollars, so if someone wants to pay me that much I suppose they can have it.  (I'd probably just make another  Smiley)

I do want to send a picture to showstudio but not till I have a better one; in these I got my finger in the frame like I always do and so they are somewhat overexposed.  I still hold out hope that I will get someone into this with an eyepatch and a pirate hat.

Oh and I never knew "beastly" could mean "good"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

夢も後なく夜も明けて、村雨と聞きしもけさ見れば、松風ばかりや残るらん、松風ばかりや残るらん
John deBoer Custom
Dolores
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2005 06:16:50 AM »

Probably it will be like some other items I have, which I am keeping to give to whomever I eventually marry, so that I actually get to keep them, if you see what I mean.   Grin

Well I'm pretty sure you'll have your pick of marriage prospects if part of the deal is a selection of such beautiful goodies! Now how come my lovely husband isn't so deft with a tricky pattern? Bah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crocheted Baby Stilettos Idea
Crocheting Christmas Wreath Tips
Crocheted Christmas Tree Design Tip
Crocheted Couch Cover Idea
How to Shop at the Winter Antiques Show
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...