A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Big Bang Theory Swap  (Read 6393 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stacysews
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2010 08:14:11 PM »

I'm so happy that people are interested! I'm hoping to open the swap mid to late January.

oooh, and time to brainstorm some ideas!  I love the show, but can't think of a lot of things to make off the top of my head.... maybe it's still clouded by too much eggnog!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Raesmom
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2010 10:25:26 AM »

I'd love to do this. We just discovered Big Bang in November and have been watching the seasons on DVD. I can't believe we haven't been watching this show.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nmcakemom07

All this acting normal is EXHAUSTING!!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2010 11:45:56 PM »

I'm so happy that people are interested! I'm hoping to open the swap mid to late January.

oooh, and time to brainstorm some ideas!  I love the show, but can't think of a lot of things to make off the top of my head.... maybe it's still clouded by too much eggnog!
sounds good, keeping my swap options open in anticipation of this one.  I am so ready!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Given a cape, tiara and a strong cup of coffee, yeah, I could rule the world.

my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/nmcakemom07/
imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2010 07:23:01 AM »

My brother surprised me with season 1 on dvd (the only season that I didn't have on dvd so far) which for some reason you can't find anywhere around here in the store...he actually said he had to turn to ebay.  I love that kid haha.

Now that work is slowing a bit (I'm in retail, eep!) I'm going to go over how to organize and such and I can't wait to get this swap started Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
pseudo_pix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2011 04:53:22 AM »

Now that work is slowing a bit (I'm in retail, eep!) I'm going to go over how to organize and such and I can't wait to get this swap started Smiley

Just say if you need a helping hand Smiley I'd gladly co-organize with you. When I did my first round of organizing I had a friend co-organize, not that she was that active. She was more like my security^^ I could ask her questions about organizing and she would help me out if I needed it. That was really nice for me at least. Just a little experience sharing Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2011 08:22:48 AM »

Just say if you need a helping hand Smiley I'd gladly co-organize with you. When I did my first round of organizing I had a friend co-organize, not that she was that active. She was more like my security^^ I could ask her questions about organizing and she would help me out if I needed it. That was really nice for me at least. Just a little experience sharing Cheesy

That would be awesome! Thankyou!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
mmmbisto
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2011 12:48:23 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I understand it.
Points are in relation to how much work you put into the stuff you're sending your partner. IE 4 points is equal to 4 hours of crafting time. This can be made up with a 4 point item, or say a 3 point item and a 1 point item, 2 and 2 points and so on.

This link will show you a bunch of FAQ's which you might find useful Smiley
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=229624.msg3712343#msg3712343

Thanks for the link, though all I could find was this:
"08. What are points as they apply to swap requirements?

A few organizers like to use a points system. A swap may be described as a "5 point or 7 point swap".  This is allowed, but it is not a Craftster regulated system. If you are uncertain of what exactly a points system type swap entails, please contact the organizer of that swap for details."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2011 01:05:04 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I understand it.
Points are in relation to how much work you put into the stuff you're sending your partner. IE 4 points is equal to 4 hours of crafting time. This can be made up with a 4 point item, or say a 3 point item and a 1 point item, 2 and 2 points and so on.

This link will show you a bunch of FAQ's which you might find useful Smiley
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=229624.msg3712343#msg3712343

Thanks for the link, though all I could find was this:
"08. What are points as they apply to swap requirements?

A few organizers like to use a points system. A swap may be described as a "5 point or 7 point swap".  This is allowed, but it is not a Craftster regulated system. If you are uncertain of what exactly a points system type swap entails, please contact the organizer of that swap for details."

The "points" are a way to mix and match what you send. instead of saying make one large and one small you would say 4 pts.. which could include large & small or 2 mediums.
3 points = large
2 points = medium
1 point = small
really tiny items are usually referred to as "extras" sometimes as "tiny"

What makes a s/m/l varies a bit by organizer, they usually give a guide but here is one I have seen often:

Small Item = 1 point --> 2 or less hours (eg. bookmark, earrings, coin purse)...  ...
... $10
Medium Item = 2 points --> 2 or more hours (eg. scarf, doll, necklace)... or $10-$ ...
Large Item = 3 points --> 3 or more hours (eg. ...
... , purse, shawl, jewelry set)... or $30+

It can be defined as by time, cost, or physical size.. or a combination of the three.
I know i never use time b/c I spend waaaay more on most things I make
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ambermoony
Swap addict

I fix things.

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2011 09:38:14 AM »

The "points" are a way to mix and match what you send. instead of saying make one large and one small you would say 4 pts.. which could include large & small or 2 mediums.
3 points = large
2 points = medium
1 point = small
really tiny items are usually referred to as "extras" sometimes as "tiny"

What makes a s/m/l varies a bit by organizer, they usually give a guide but here is one I have seen often:

Small Item = 1 point --> 2 or less hours (eg. bookmark, earrings, coin purse)...  ...
... $10
Medium Item = 2 points --> 2 or more hours (eg. scarf, doll, necklace)... or $10-$ ...
Large Item = 3 points --> 3 or more hours (eg. ...
... , purse, shawl, jewelry set)... or $30+

It can be defined as by time, cost, or physical size.. or a combination of the three.
I know i never use time b/c I spend waaaay more on most things I make

What I usually do is average out how much time I spent and how much it cost.  For instance, if I spend 4 hours on an item that only cost a couple of dollars in supplies, I usually count it as a medium.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda Swap (Rnd 2): crafting
Doctor Who Swap round 5: crafting

Open to personal swaps~
Trish Fantastic
My Clumsiest Line...

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2011 05:12:21 PM »

I hope this happens soon! I would love to join.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Correct Colors
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Move Selection from One Image into Another
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Introducing Adobe Photoshop CS2
Adobe Production Studio - Working with the Scrub Tool
Adobe Production Studio - Adjusting Panels and Saving a Custom Workspace
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...