A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 306,379
Currently Running With Scissors:
733 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Am A Potter Freak (IMG HEAVY)  (Read 3328 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 19, 2010 01:05:35 PM »

Okay this year I went to this thing called Harry Potter Adventure. It was where they showed the 5th movie then the 6th and finally at midnight they showed part I of the 7th which is AWESOME!!! So I made myself a robe.
Robe Back:
Notice I am the Seeker instead of Harry lol
Robe Front:
it's only half in front and that's Harrys' Wand I have I also have Rons' and Hermiones' but I'll be getting more wands.
HP Bag:
this bag used to be a tank top that I wore to the 6th movie, but I thought why make a bag when I can turn the tank top into one but the cool thing is all I have to do is unthread the bottom and it's a tank top again lol
Robe with Hood:
this next pic was taken with my phone but this girl was Moaning Mrtyle and she sat in this stall for a while crying like Myrtle she was brave b/c I wouldn't have sat in there like that:

All in all I had a blast it was packed for the 5th and 6th movie but it really got packed when the 7th movie was about to show. There was so many ppl dressed up and everything but no one had on a crocheted robe lol. There were some there with a crocheted scarves. I was even on the channel 13 news.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
sk8rkat14

Without me it would just aweso

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010 01:35:27 PM »

Firstly, congrats on appearing on the news, and secondly your robe is totally awesome. Yes, I must agree that girl has alot of courage to sit on a public bathroom floor. I get weirded out when my purse falls on the floor of a bathroom.lol Congrats on appearing on the news
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010 12:52:41 PM »

Thanx sk8rkat14 it was nice and when I saw myself my voice sounded so different. As far as the Moaning Myrtle girl I found out thay had to get security to get her out of the bathroom too bad the news crew couldn't come in there and see her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010 05:16:22 PM »

I love your robe! i didnt get to go to a midnight showing (bummer)but I got to see it the next day.i made a crimson and gold headband with a snitch on it i hope i can post it later...btw i saw on your site that your from Indy i too am from the Hoosier state a lil further south.and its nice to see someone around here crocheting something other than doilies...lol... not that theres anything wrong with them.lol...i better shut up before i have a bunch of crocheters coming after me with hooks in hand and murder in thier eyes.... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LordVader

i AM the Dark Side

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010 11:30:00 AM »

I love your robe! i didnt get to go to a midnight showing (bummer)but I got to see it the next day.i made a crimson and gold headband with a snitch on it i hope i can post it later...btw i saw on your site that your from Indy i too am from the Hoosier state a lil further south.and its nice to see someone around here crocheting something other than doilies...lol... not that theres anything wrong with them.lol...i better shut up before i have a bunch of crocheters coming after me with hooks in hand and murder in thier eyes.... Grin

LOL!  That headband sounds awesome!  My cousins live in Indiana.  Pretty close to Kentucky actually.

How long did it take to make that robe?  That's pretty awesome!

I posted pictures of my Hufflepuff scarf that I made for the showing.  I posted pictures of the shirts my friend and I painted on my blog, not the one in my siggy.  But if anyone wants the link to it, let me know. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge."-Albert Einstein

"Conversation should be pleasant without scurrility, witty without affectation, free without indecency, learned without conceitedness, novel without falsehood." - William Shakespeare

http://foodforthought1987.blogspot.com
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010 09:20:22 AM »

Thank you all so much, sakuracat23 I live on the east side of indy and I too love it when ppl from indy r on these boards. LordVader I think it was ur scarf that I posted on b/c I like it. There was alot of ppl with either crocheted or knitted scarves probably being that it is cold. I still like yours. It took me about a week and a half to make the robe but I want to make either a open robe or a tank top or something for the june showing of the second half of DH.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LordVader

i AM the Dark Side

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010 11:27:39 AM »

Thank you all so much, sakuracat23 I live on the east side of indy and I too love it when ppl from indy r on these boards. LordVader I think it was ur scarf that I posted on b/c I like it. There was alot of ppl with either crocheted or knitted scarves probably being that it is cold. I still like yours. It took me about a week and a half to make the robe but I want to make either a open robe or a tank top or something for the june showing of the second half of DH.

Yeah, you were like, the first comment Smiley

That's pretty quick!  That's pretty impressive though!

Yeah, it's super cold here.  It's hovering between 2 and 3 degrees.  Working on a hat on my Knifty Knitters to go with the scarf XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Conversation should be pleasant without scurrility, witty without affectation, free without indecency, learned without conceitedness, novel without falsehood." - William Shakespeare

Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010 08:19:21 PM »

I need to make me some Harry Potter house scarves b/c it is getting way cold here in indy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LordVader

i AM the Dark Side

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010 09:29:03 PM »

^ I posted the pattern that I did, on my post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010 09:46:23 PM »

Sweet I'll have to check it out
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Elevator Makeover - Dressing for a High School Reunion
Elevator Makeover - Dressing for a Job Search
Outfit of the Day: How a Professional Stylist Styles Herself
Elevator Makeover - Getting a More Flattering and Fit Look for the Office
Chioma Nnadi on Her Summer Denim Trend
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Cake Stands
February 3, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: 3-D Heart Card

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...