A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 304,881
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitted Pudsey and Blush  (Read 1411 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mostly Harmless
« on: November 19, 2010 10:21:45 AM »

Hi everybody!
This is my first project post here on Craftster. I've had my account for months now but haven't gotten the nerve up to post anything until today, but I figured since tonight is Children in Need night there was a hardly a better time to post these two:

Most people from the UK should hopefully recognise Pudsey. His friend Blush (the brown bear with the bow) has been 'helping him out behind the scenes' this year so after I'd finished sewing up Pudsey for the local childminders' group's raffle for the charity I thought they might appreciate a knitted Blush to raffle too. I've been told they've gone down quite well, apparently more than one person has tried to buy them and then bought several strips of raffle tickets after it was explained to them that they couldn't! In case any non-brits are wondering what Children in Need is about there website is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/

Pudsey:

Pudsey's been the 'face' of Children in Need for 25 years now, or so I *think* I've read. This Pudsey was knitted from an Alan Dart pattern that was published in Simply Knitting last year. I followed the pattern pretty much to the letter although there's a slight difference in the style of the embroidery. I may have over egged the spots slightly but I think it makes him look quite cheerful and I was rather pleased with how the face turned out.

Blush:

Blush is new for 2010, although I believe she was Pudsey's dance partner for a Children in Need Strictly Come Dancing special last year too? Not sure, I don't follow the show. Blush was knitted to the same pattern as Pudsey in brown instead of yellow. I managed to figure out the bow myself without a lot of trouble and her cheeks were coloured in with a pink pencil. The effect's rather subtle but I think it's strong enough in real life at least to get the point across. I also reversed the arm and head positions for Blush because I thought they'd look cuter as a set if she mirrored him instead of being in the exact same position.

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aisy
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010 11:15:08 AM »

they are adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elizabethknits
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010 04:29:18 PM »

They are both LOVELY! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NYRCupcake
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010 07:45:56 AM »

Those are super adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Laurie Beth Jones Talks About Jesus Career Counselor
Jennifer Weiner and Greer Hendricks Talk About Fly Away Home
Play Dead Book Trailer Short Version
Mem Fox Reads from The Goblin and The Empty Chair
Martin Cruz Smith Talks About Three Stations
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...