A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 308,214
Currently Running With Scissors:
424 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Preggo Kitty  (Read 896 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Littlegoldwoman
Jill of all trades

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2010 02:02:27 AM »

So one day a few years ago I got the idea to make a pregnant doll. It was very small and I think I posted it on here somewhere.....

Well now ive gone and made a pregnant kitty.
In some ways she didnt turn out the way I planned and in some ways she turned out better.

I started by sewing a piece of clear plastic on to a square of fabric. Then I cut a circle out exposing the plastic. Then I sewed another piece of fabric to them so the pretty side showed through the plastic... this made a pocket for the baby.

Then I made a tiny little kitty by just drawing a random body shape and stitching around it, turning and stuffing... Then I embroidered eyes on it. Shut of course. I glued on a tiny tail and made it an umbilical cord out of brown thread crocheted into a chain and sewn through its belly. I stuffed it in the belly pocket with some sparkley ribbon, some glitter, rhinestones and seed beads to make the fanciest placenta and amniotic water EVER!
Then I glued the pocket up nice and tight.

I dont like the way the womb got stuffed. There is so much in it and its so tight that you cant really see the baby or the details on him. :-(
I also stuffed it so tight it doesnt move around like id like....
But none the less... I carried on.

I found a random cat head shape online and printed out a pattern for that. sewed and stuffed it and sewed it on to the body which was now a stuffed pregnant square.

The legs and arms I wanted long and dangley so I sewed four identital strips, turned, stuffed and then stitched down the center for knee and elbow joints. A button hole at the top connects them to the shoulder and hip buttons and makes them movable. This idea I love.... It gives her so much life. I decided not to give her a face.

Her tail is braided. I glued 6 strips together, 2, 2 & 2 front to back to make three strips with pretty side on both sides and then braided them.

I gave her a gold scarf to hide her neck stitches.

If you have any questions about it just ask.... ill try to get better about taking pix during and not only after.

Shalom and MeOWWW!
Stacy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010 08:11:55 AM »

I like your idea.  And when I was reading that you didn't like how the womb was stuffed so tight, I thought, "that's just how I feel at about eight months pregnant!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!

Thing-A-Day
gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010 07:42:59 PM »

Cute idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!
September 21, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...