A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!  (Read 27849 times)
Tags for this thread: recipe , chocolate , cookie , bacon , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teachart
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010 07:47:57 AM »

I'll have to try candied bacon VikingBabe! Sounds great! and Turkey bacon- no way! That stuff is nasty on its own!!

Other note to those who venture into making bacon chocolate chip cookies:
I've also tried substituting some of the bacon grease for butter. I didn't like this result- I really think the cookies need to be sweet with just a bite of savory bacon every now and then.

And thanks for the heads up on being foodie friday's post edelC- awesome!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nikschaf
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010 09:23:52 AM »

Oh, Teachart, these look amazing!  I'm going to have to try them.  Yummmm!  Thanks for sharing!!

VikingBabe, you earn huge points from my husband and me for the candied bacon recipe!  How long do you cook the bacon in the oven, and at what temp usually?  I had bacon creme brulee at a local restaurant this year, and it was amazing!  It was topped with candied bacon, and there were little chunks of candied bacon in the custard itself -- pure heaven!  It was really thick, lean bacon and it was awesome once candied.  I've wondered about how to make candied bacon since then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SAHMama
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010 01:00:21 PM »

I'll be trying these soon! I will probably make some for my brother for Christmas too. He's also a big bacon fan Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VikingBabe
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010 02:36:24 PM »

VikingBabe, you earn huge points from my husband and me for the candied bacon recipe!  How long do you cook the bacon in the oven, and at what temp usually?  I had bacon creme brulee at a local restaurant this year, and it was amazing!  It was topped with candied bacon, and there were little chunks of candied bacon in the custard itself -- pure heaven!  It was really thick, lean bacon and it was awesome once candied.  I've wondered about how to make candied bacon since then.

My TV boyfriend, Alton Brown gets all the credit for the candied bacon recipe. I just leave the pecans off the bacon.   http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/praline-bacon-recipe/index.html.
Let me add one instruction:
DO NOT LEAVE YOUR KITCHEN.  This can get very ugly, very fast.  So plan on being right there, ready to rescue your oven from, fire, smoke, etc.  Do NOT do anything else while you are candying bacon.  Trust me.

This recipe would stand up to the custard of a creme brulee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010 04:54:56 PM »

wow these look interesting to say the least.
I don't think I am quiet brave enough to try them just yet.

still getting funny looks when I have bacon with my pancakes n maple syrup.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
whatthepuck
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010 12:58:32 PM »

I need to make these for Mr. Bean.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Secret Santa
Little Visitor
Nov ATC 1/0/0
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010 01:56:20 PM »

So yummy, so yummy!  Thank you SO much for sharing your full recipe!  http://www.craftster.org/blog/foodie-friday-chocolate-chip-bacon-cookies/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teachart
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010 04:23:44 PM »

wow i know this has nothing to do with the reciepe.
but wow how clean is your oven? i'll so pay for you to come over and clean mine!!
you crazy americans with your bacon and sweet things has always confused me. like bacon and pancakes and maple syrup. i just dont understand =p

OK PearlyWhirly.... and beans and toast are good?! I'll take my bacon and pancakes and maple syrup any day Cheesy

I hope some of you have made these cookies! I'd love to hear your results. Some friends came over last night and tried them- skeptical at first but once they bit into one they were hooked! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AnnieBowser
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010 06:43:40 PM »

Just a quick question: what kind of measurement is your stick of butter?  I mean, do you have an equilivilant or approximation in Cups, perhaps?  I am teh dum when it comes to conversion.
But I need to make these cookies - I've never encountered anything that bacon hasn't improved, so . . . .
Im so in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PancakeBatter
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010 11:16:38 PM »

These look ah-maze-ing! I am seriously making these for Christmas presents.

Om nom nom, bacon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Paper Lantern
How to Make a Craft Flying Bird
How to Make Your Own Valentine Cards
How to use etching powder on glass items
The Benefits of Knitting
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...