A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ask Debbie Stoller... and maybe win her new book! Interview posted!  (Read 8502 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Knotmad
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010 08:20:13 AM »

Hi,

Have you got any thoughts on ways to make knitting and other fiber arts more environmentally friendly? I am curious about recycling fibers. Do you have any experience with this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmouse01
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010 09:57:47 AM »

Who is your favorite (knit or crochet) designer?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010 11:29:43 AM »

Hi Debbie Smiley

Do you prefer wooden or bamboo needles over metal? Why or why not? I've read that wooden/bamboo needles are more comfortable than metal but I'm not noticing a difference. Is it just me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010 02:37:35 PM »

I thought of another question today:

How do you recommend adjusting the bust in knitting or crochet patterns to accommodate for larger cup sizes?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
Arrakis
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010 04:01:44 PM »

I'm so so so glad your doing something beyond the basics! I love your books, they came out a few years after I started Knitting and really helped me learn a few basic things and now I'm so excited to see this new book!
I was wondering how involved you are in choosing the fiber content, colors. etc. for your new line of yarn? I would be interested in how and why you made those choices? (I really like the yarns btw!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittychick
My cuddliest craft ever was completed April 22, 2010. Little man Micah Nolan! He's a happy little monkey!

I'm so crafty I make people!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010 04:06:13 PM »

I'm a new mommy and it's impossible to find sweaters that are cute yet functional for breastfeeding. Have you ever thought of putting together a book of not only maternity knits, but knitwear for the breastfeeding mommy?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/knittychick

New Baby & Pregnant Moma Swap:

Doctor Who Round 3: crafting
Rousseline
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010 07:57:30 PM »

Hi! I have "The Happy Hooker" and I love it, but I prefer knitting, since I learned when I was 4 years old (compared to 24 for crochet!)

My question is: when did you fall in love with knitting, is it something you've been doing forever or did you discover it later in your life?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010 09:58:21 PM »

Hi Debbie! Long-time crocheter a few attempts at being a knitter here. Your books are very inspiring, and I love how they are written for a more up to date world of fiber arts.
I too am in the category of hoping for another crochet book, but wanted to ask:
Do you find there is a bigger need for knitting books than crochet books? Or do you just prefer writing knit books to crochet ones?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SciFunk
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010 01:16:11 PM »

I love that I can get your yarn at a giant craft superstore. Not everyone has local yarn stores to go to, so it's nice to have some available yarns with different fiber contents.

I second the question about beginner projects above -- scarves and dishcloths can be boring. Would you ever consider doing a project-to-project stepping stone book for teaching knitting skills? Starting off with something super easy and small, then moving up to harder and harder things, introducing a new technique or two every project.

Also, what's your favorite finishing technique? That is, your go-to method when you want to add a little something to a finished project?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010 06:48:17 PM »

I own all of your knitting books and will definitely be getting the newest one for Christmas! I also own the Happy Hooker and would love to see another, like everyone else.

My question is "Are you interested in any other fiber arts? ie spinning, felting"  Also, a more technique question which I'm guessing is addressed in the new book "When making cables, I often will get a hole or a loose part of knitting right next to where the cables cross.  Do you have a recommended fix for this?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Is Image Stabilization?
What Is Intelligent Auto? What Is Scene Mode?
Why is there a delay when I take a Picture?
What is Facial Recognition?
How Much Zoom Do I Need?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...