A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,349
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Halloween in Wonderland Wedding (INCREDIBLY PICTURE HEAVY!! I mean it!!)  (Read 18355 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , yeti , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010 10:01:09 AM »

I think this is the most inspired wedding ever shared on here. I loved everything, the settings, the costumes (beautiful twin faeries) and the cake. I am with Mistress T, wondering where that tree lives now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
veri
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010 10:38:42 AM »

Wow! You really wanted to get married Wink. Kidding - everything is AMAZING! If you put half as much work into your marriage as you put into the beginning of it you'll live happily ever after for sure! I'm not into weddings but if I had to get married, I'd do it handcrafted like you! I love the detail!

PS: you're dad is a really good artist! That tree is absolutely amazing! I'd also like to know where do you keep it and the rest of the stuff now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Urban Threads

Full tutorials!! http://tiny.cc/tutorials534

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010 11:31:28 AM »

This is such an amazing wedding! I just got married in an outdoor fall wedding myself and tried to incorporate craftiness as much as possible. I'm blown away by yours! Love love love. Best wishes to you and your new hubs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like the project?  Check out full tutorials for all posted projects at www.urbanthreads.com
SpookyPooky
~Where monsters and Wonderland come to life~

I myself am, strange and unusual.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2010 11:46:05 AM »

Wow, thank you everybody!! I cannot tell you how much all your wonderful comments mean to me! The wedding was the highlight of my year (tied with seeing Meat Loaf in concert-Mistress T, your comment made me snort and choke on my oatmeal! Wink ) and it means the world to me that you all like it!

To answer some questions, the tree weighs A LOT. I don't know exactly how much, but it weighs several hundred pounds AT LEAST. It is ridiculously heavy. To transport it, my dad used to run a construction company building trusses for houses. Sooooo, he built the tree on top of these sliding mechanisms that they used to slide and load the trusses onto trailers. After the tree was built, he and my brother slid it on a truss trailer (same with the trellis and shelf), strapped them all on with as many ropes and cords as they could, and they drove to the depot at about 10 miles per hour. People were following him to see what was going on, and then stopping to take photos! It took several men to slide it off the trailer and set in on the ground, and to lift it back on to the trailer afterwards.

Right now the tree and trellis are just in my dad's work shop. He is building a deck in their front yard and the tree will go there once it is done this week. Eventually, when my husband and I have a house (we are in an apartment with no yard right now) the tree, trellis, and shelf will go to us. And I cannot wait! The hat is now in my living room and it is my pride and joy of the house. haha. I decorated our bedroom in purple and orange and black, so almost everything else (my handmade goods and the craftster shelf stuff) is all in their now, and looks great!

I'm pretty sure I now have a "girl-crush" on you!!!  This wedding looks amazing!!  And your Dad is totally awesome!!!!  I LOVE that hat he made!!  And the trellis... and the tree!!!  He must love his baby girl so much to do all that for her!!!  How sweet!!  I wish you all the best in your marriage!!!

P.s. - a girl crush is not as creepy as it sounds haha.  My friend coined the term to describe all the women she is inspired by!!!  Yay!!

Haha, no worries, I have girl crushes too! I totally know what you mean! And thank you!
Wow! You really wanted to get married Wink. Kidding - everything is AMAZING! If you put half as much work into your marriage as you put into the beginning of it you'll live happily ever after for sure! I'm not into weddings but if I had to get married, I'd do it handcrafted like you! I love the detail!

PS: you're dad is a really good artist! That tree is absolutely amazing! I'd also like to know where do you keep it and the rest of the stuff now...

Lol...I view EVERYTHING in life as an excuse to create and go all out! Wink I really miss planning this, but my best friend/maid of honor and my brother are now dating so I am already secretly planning their wedding!  Grin

Thank you again, everybody!!  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mermaidcafe

don't dream it - be it

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010 01:04:42 PM »

absolutely beautiful!
It looks amazing and like the day was a lot of fun!
Congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

claire313

Make Tea, Not War!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010 01:31:27 PM »

congrats spooky pooky!!! you did a fantastic job (so inspiring!! makes me want to start planning my wedding haha) and you looked gorgeous Cheesy

i've always loved your work and now i know where your talent came from! your dad is an incredible artist as well Cheesy

much happiness to you and the hubby!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010 01:56:31 PM »

Congrats! That was the most amazing wedding pictures I have ever seen. I am so jealous of the wedding you had. Just amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honey Go-Go Blog ~ 222 Sunset Etsy ~ Honey Forever Vintage Etsy
Swaps:
Pendant
Altered Puzzle Pieces
Mini 13 DoH
Monthly Dotee
teachingjonah
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2010 02:07:19 PM »

Everything turned out so beautiful!  Amber's pictures are amazing too Smiley  I'm so happy your wedding came out just the way you wanted it.  Those little flower girls were too much Smiley  Loved the wings and their baskets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lanikins
you can't take life too seriously...you'll never make it out alive

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010 04:29:13 PM »

Everything looks so awesome and fun!!!  The colors are awesome, the smiles are too!!!  I could go on and on and on, and just bore the crap out of everybody!!!! 

I was so super honored to get to "be at your wedding"!!!  Cheshire Cat seemed quite pleased to be there, too...look at that grin....ok, I'm a nerd.

Congratulations again, buddy!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpookyPooky
~Where monsters and Wonderland come to life~

I myself am, strange and unusual.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2010 05:22:21 PM »

Thanks all!

Lani, the Cheshire cat added SO MUCH to the wedding! He sits with the  giant Hat now in our living room! Thank you, AGAIN! You rock!

Everything turned out so beautiful!  Amber's pictures are amazing too Smiley  I'm so happy your wedding came out just the way you wanted it.  Those little flower girls were too much Smiley  Loved the wings and their baskets.

Thank you Julie! Those girls are my favorite part! They stole the show! Thanks for contributing your amazing gifts!

Thank you again, everybody! I am all smiles reading these comments! This is why I love Craftster!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 9/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 7/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 1/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 11/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 2/11
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...