A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 307,982
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My 1st Capri Sun Purse  (Read 18071 times)
Tags for this thread: capri_sun  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Meb

combat salacious removal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2004 09:47:08 PM »

does any one know how to make a capri sun purse out without  sewing it

You could probably use really sturdy clear tape, I think I saw a post about that somewhere on here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm as cool as formidable prowess in shuffleboard.
catladysarah
Tutorial Contributor

knit-maniac!

cyborg bounty-hunter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2004 10:42:44 PM »

so, where did you get that trim?  i would love a tutorial too, please!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is our function as artists to make the spectator to see the world our way, not his way."
alwaysriotgirl
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004 05:23:58 PM »

WOOT! I love it! I am currently making one and that gives me so much help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rusticacres
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2004 08:10:59 PM »

Hi,
Can anyone share a tip on how to get that sticky off the front of the bag where the straw was attached.  I've tried soapy water, and goo gone.  Neither did a very good job.  Thanks very much!!
Sharla
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hillbilly Crafter
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2004 05:58:38 AM »

Hello my crafty friends..............I have the perfect solution to getting the sticky stuff off the capri sun pouches.........I bought this stuff called Glue Gun Cleaner...........( for my glue gun of course) ..........and I was experimenting with different things to get the gook off.........( vingegar, nail polish remover ect...) and I just happened to look over sitting behind my toaster...( I know strange place to keep glue gun cleaner).. but I had used it to clean some built up gook off my stove...........and microwave.........soooooooooo... I said what the heck........Im gonna try this on the pouch.........and sure enough.........gook gone.........and no dull film either...........shiny as a new penny..............this stuff is made by (SureBonder) .........be sure to read the warning label........can be fatal if swallowed and the fumes could be harmful.........however.....it has a citrus smell.................soooooooooooo ...............hope this helps you all.............heres the website addy that is on the bottle............www.surebonder.com ..........I bought mine at a place called Carolina Potter..its a 4oz bottle.........and was only $2.69...........u only need tiny little bit on clean rag.....just wipe over it.......
soooooooooooooo ...............happy crafting everyone..........hope you can find this product..........
THIS ROCKS   Logged
One Hot Momma
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2004 07:49:04 AM »

I make the Kool-aid Jammer purses and I use feather boas to trim around the top.  I use a hot glue gun and their done! Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonie17
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010 06:26:47 PM »

In december of last year i won an "trashion show" at my shcool last year i made a skirt and bag entriely out of capri suns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cworline
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011 12:41:25 PM »

way cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...