A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
331 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: International Snack Swap 2 Gallery!  (Read 27692 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2010 08:21:51 AM »

the reason everything stops here is that in our countries where it doesn't snow much, we are not equipped to deal with it. For example in Ireland, snow chains are illegal, we have a huge number of minor roads, none of which get salted or gritted, it takes the local authorities all their time to keep primary routes clear. There are very few snowploughs in the country, as there is just not enough snow to warrant their purchase. Repeated hard frosts then cause problems with heating systems and water, because pipes aren't buried deeply enough.
At least in ireland, the last time we got this much snow this early in the year was 1982....

but the school kids love the snow...snowdays, they don't see too many of them here..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joyosaurusrex
« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2010 08:50:28 AM »

This past march we(In Dallas, TX) got about a foot of snow and everything shut down. I think it depends on where you live. We usually get a dusting around christmas and a couple inches over the next few months, but nothing that sticks to the road so they were completely unprepared and noone knew how to drive in the snow(including me, i'm from florida where it gets below 30f just about never and stays in the 40f's for two weeks at most) I don't remember if the post office was down or not but it seemed like they shut down about everything else for a couple days.

PS- Bedheadchic I hope you get your package soon! I'm so anxious to see if you like everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love; it will not betray you, dismay, or enslave you. It will set you free, to be more like the man you were made to be. There is a design, an alignment, a cry of my heart to see the beauty of love as it was made to be.
teachart
« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2010 08:52:51 AM »

too funny! we got 4 feet last week and my city pretty much didn't miss a beat! only they don't call it snow, they call it "lake effect" because the storm system formed over Lake Ontario.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mandyhello

Cook-Eat-Stitch-Game- in that order :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2010 09:29:17 AM »

We've had another inch in the last hour!  Fingers crossed for a day off work tomorrow..  if we get a level 2 snow emergency (basically can't see the blacktop at all with drifting and ice) I don't have to go to work.. 

As far as where you live, a friend of mine just got trapped in Seattle for a week and they only got a dusting of snow with a ton of ice..  the whole city shut down for a solid week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ollieorange
« Reply #154 on: December 12, 2010 03:07:35 PM »

We've had another inch in the last hour!  Fingers crossed for a day off work tomorrow..  if we get a level 2 snow emergency (basically can't see the blacktop at all with drifting and ice) I don't have to go to work.. 

As far as where you live, a friend of mine just got trapped in Seattle for a week and they only got a dusting of snow with a ton of ice..  the whole city shut down for a solid week!
My DH and I went out to the Pacific NW 2 years ago when there was a light snow. And yes, the whole city shut down! Everyone was putting chains on their tires- it was really strange. No one could understand how we could get through a couple feet of snow without them. They are illegal in my state (and many others Smiley ).
I am thoroughly enjoying my musk candies. I've tried sharing them with coworkers and no one will come near them! More for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2010 03:16:13 PM »

musk candies..yuk...!

personally I feel cheated, we had a lot of ice in our part of Ireland, but very little snow..I love snow..hey Mandy..send me some will ya?

actually my SO who lives about an hour away, where they did have snow, arrived last week with a big cooler full of snow, because my daughter and I were complaining that we didn't have any, so he brought some and we threw snowballs..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thetiniestspark
« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2010 03:40:18 PM »

I received today!

I'm glad your package arrived safely and that you're enjoying everything!  And to people in the US who is looking for peanut butter oreos...I just got them at my regular grocery store (Giant Eagle). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
h-chan

<3 Xia Junsu (duck butt) <3

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2010 05:10:03 PM »

I've always lived in California so yeah, no snow issues where I am  Cheesy

Maybe not the best time of year for this sort of swap then...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010 05:10:53 PM by h-chan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eu Kyang Kyang!!!

http://www.wists.com/h-chan
Eira
« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2010 05:28:38 PM »

I received today!!! It came with the crazzzziest snack bag ... Globble along with mini Glob!
Here he is:

(he was filled with all the goodies!)
The mini is in the green pouch, he had Aussie play money inside him!
The liner which was also cool:

The whole shebang (don't mind the fuuzzy thing in the corner it was one of my dogs):

Just the bars:

I didn't want to go overboard with the pics, so here is a list in case you can't see everything in picture.
Chips: Crinkle cut regular, bbq, chicken (lol!), and just regular.
Black forest tim tams! YUM!
Vegemite
Weet-bix, which looks like it will be delicious with some bananas and milk!
Club bar
Turkish Delight
Violet Crumble
White Knight
Zappo (HaHa! I can't wait to try this)
Cherry ripe (I looooove Cherry stuff)
Milky Bar
Boost Stix (Sounds a bit like twix but better)
Pavolva Magic (looks like angel food, I love the container it comes in too, looks like an egg!)
Some asian goodies: seaweed taste snacks in the shape of sea creatures such as squids! So cool! and haw flakes ... which I think I may have had as a kid! They seem the same, but I never knew what they were called!

Also included were some items for my baby to be!!!  A Melbourne Zoo shirt and an AC/DC Australia tour bib! eeee! I'm prego, and my god the snacks came at the right time, I was ravenous.
I really wanted to try the vegemite, and I didn't have bread or butter at the moment ... so I tried it on some of the original chips and it is tasty! I can't pinpoint what it tastes like exactly, but it makes me think of gravy in a tube.
Thank you sooooo much Deadbathducky!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mandyhello

Cook-Eat-Stitch-Game- in that order :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2010 06:04:46 PM »

musk candies..yuk...!

personally I feel cheated, we had a lot of ice in our part of Ireland, but very little snow..I love snow..hey Mandy..send me some will ya?

You don't want it, trust me!  You can't see the blacktop on the roads right now..  which is very romantic unless you have to drive in it Wink  Edel, I saw a lovely picture of the weather in Connemara last week..  I'll take that weather please Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Count Crochet Stitches
How to Choose the Right Crochet Hook
How to Choose Crochet Projects
How to Choose Crochet Patterns
How to Choose a Filet Crochet Pattern
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...