A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,713
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Not really a discussion just me all really stoked and excited NOW WITH PICTURES!  (Read 755 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Valledaisy
« on: November 10, 2010 09:46:51 PM »

Strange .. I had so much fun in the kitchen. Used all natural organic ingredients and made all sorts of Milk Bathes, Tea Salts, Foot Soaks, and ground up ingredients for making soaps next week. Tomorrow I will make ground spices for natural colorant and ground coconut shells, avocado skins, dried lemon peel, dry spinach/grind, dry and puree some of the pumpkins on the porch (makes orange) Cheesy and pair that with some clove, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon and you have a spiced bath bar or soak.

I've been snipping and clipping and drying herbs and flowers all year waiting to make stuff again. I'm going to try a new to me cold process recipe for soap can't wait to post pics and hoping not to fail.

I so wish I could have smell-o-vision with this stuff.

Tahitian Honey Almond Milk Bath .... I toasted almonds and rolled oats tonight smells really nice and has a nice creamy color soft to the touch. Great for Sensitive Skin and super moisturizing in the winter. Used Raw Honey Powder and Tahitian Vanilla Bean Powder ...

Spicy Chi Bath Tea - Great aroma!! Black Tea, Ginger, Clove, Black Pepper Vanilla Bean, a few other goodies ... Boosts skin emollients.

Sweet Toasted Ginger Milk Bath - Ginger toasted with a mix of spices and organic brown sugar, poppy seed and Milk

Chamomile Bath Salts - Totally relaxing

I made a bunch of other stuff ... I figure I"ll take some pictures when I get my muslin bags in. I have these fabric markers to do these cool designs Zoe thought up on the bags. Grin

Can't wait to make soap. They probably think I'm nuts or something at the hardware store as I just ordered 2lbs of lye today.

I'm making infused oils for the soaps to cut down the one large batch to smaller batches. I've got some ideas for what to mix together to do different skin types and like acne bars ... if you just get the acidity just right which if you measure proper. And I bought a really nice scale too. Told ya I'm going a little crazy. I'm even gonna make this hair mud because I so need it.

Can't ya tell I'm having fun!!! Cheesy

Ok so here's a couple pics from some of the adventure ... Pictures aren't the best I need to replace my camera ... the lens has been chipped  .... Sad

Some Milk Baths

Some Bath Soaks

Drying some Goodies

Some of my dried goodies

Some Toasted and Ground Oats
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010 07:53:55 PM by Valledaisy - Reason: Adding Pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

All you need is Peace, Love and a little bit of imagination.
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010 01:25:50 AM »

Wow, sounds like a bunch of great stuff! Please take some pics if you get a chance, we love pics! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 6/2

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Valledaisy
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010 10:23:31 AM »

I'm already on it ... started taking them while I was making stuff and going to take some finished photos after I go pick up some muslin tea bags and such today ... I used some of the Tahitian Vanilla Milk Bath today and was in heaven my skin feels so soft and smells wonderful. My husband has been all about touching my skin today. I guess it's true what they say about men and the scent of vanilla and it made my hair all soft and light that was a nice bonus. I can't wait to get in all my new kitchen stuff to make up some soaps. Made up some Pumpkin Puree and Dried Pumpkin to grind into powder and mix with spices I can't wait to see what the house smells like then. I'll have to remember to make a pumpkin pie that night ... I'm sure that's what my kids with think I'm making. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All you need is Peace, Love and a little bit of imagination.
monnie31
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010 06:37:07 PM »

cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Basic SLR Set Up Tips for Beginners
Benefits of Using a Remote Camera Trigger
American Kids Are In Serious Danger Working On Big Tobacco Farms
How to Turn Color Photos Into Stunning Black and White Photos
Infrared Photography: How to Choose Filters
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...