A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,733
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First needle felting project :)  (Read 1372 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dawl
Have glue gun, will travel !

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 10, 2010 04:58:14 PM »

Back in mid October nostephot claimed me in a swap for a needle felting starter kit ! I was soooo thrilled when it got here that I immediately sat down and tried felting anything I could find LOL

This is my first completed project. A needle felted fleece scarf Smiley I love it, and think for a first try it came out pretty good !!

C&C welcome Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDiem
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010 06:21:23 PM »

Wait...You can felt onto a fleece scarf?!?!?!?!?!?  That's gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Progress not perfection.

http://craftydiem.blogspot.com/
Kristy_n_kritters

So freggin' fabulous, she spits glitter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010 11:08:15 PM »

LOL thats what I was just thinking! I didnt even know you could needle felt fleece!?!? (not that I know much about it anyway, but still!) 

Very cute  Grin I may have to learn now LOL Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is this "normal" you talk about? Is it contagious? OMG! Stay away! Don't touch me! I might catch your normal!
Dawl

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010 05:35:35 AM »

Hmmmm, well, I dunno. This was my first project so I'm guessing since it worked you can needle felt onto fleece. I never gave it a thought that it may not work. Figured the wool would felt just fine to fleece and it seems to have worked. Everything is secure and snug as a bug Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dawl

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010 05:40:22 AM »

I just googled felting on fleece and found a tutorial for a hat Smiley So I guess felting and fleece are good together !! Which is great, because I'm making a ton more of these scarfs !

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sgriffen
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010 06:05:43 PM »

This is really cute!  I've been toying with the idea of trying needle felting for some time, and I think I'm ready to take the leap.  I'll confess that I'm a fleece-aholic, so this project is right up my alley.  I too would have never thought of doing this on fleece.  Plus, I make items for an animal rescue group to sell for fundraising, and it takes me quite a while to crochet a whole scarf.  Embellishing a fleece scarf would probably be much faster.  How long do you think it took you to finish this?  I was thinking of needle felting some Christmas ornaments using cookie cutters for a pattern, but since I've never done it before, I wasn't sure how much time I would need to finish them. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shari
For the Little Doll in Your Life http://centralnjemilyroseathome.blogspot.com/
Dawl

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010 08:07:02 PM »

This is really cute!  I've been toying with the idea of trying needle felting for some time, and I think I'm ready to take the leap.  I'll confess that I'm a fleece-aholic, so this project is right up my alley.  I too would have never thought of doing this on fleece.  Plus, I make items for an animal rescue group to sell for fundraising, and it takes me quite a while to crochet a whole scarf.  Embellishing a fleece scarf would probably be much faster.  How long do you think it took you to finish this?  I was thinking of needle felting some Christmas ornaments using cookie cutters for a pattern, but since I've never done it before, I wasn't sure how much time I would need to finish them. 

I did actually use cookie cutters on a scarf, not this one, but another pretty similar. It works nicely and really cuts down on the time involved.

For this scarf, to do both ends of it, I would say it took me perhaps about an hour or so. Not a lot of time really. I've done several more since this one, it's so much fun and really pretty easy to do Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Giant Skillet Cookie
In Season Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Frozen Yogurt Banana Split Recipe
Memorial Day Cocktails: A Tiki Drink for a Hot Summer
The Perfect Sweet Treat for All the Grads in Your Life
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...