A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,160
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 6!!!!  (Read 40004 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bexxer
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2010 12:16:55 PM »

Soo.... Yesterday I ended up getting home later than I thought and didn't get to the post office in time. So I figured TODAY I could send my swap package (not to mention the 15 lb box I have to send to my boyfriend in Iraq), not realizing now that the Post Office closes at noon... And I got off work at two.... Ugh!!! So, I hate to say it, but I'll be sending on Monday Sad I HATE sending late!! Sorry guys :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like me on Facebook! "Fit To Be Hooked"
My etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Bexxer21
My blog:
http://bexbmylifeasahooker.blogspot.com/
"Don't follow my footsteps. I run into walls."<--- True fact!
stacysews
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2010 06:00:25 PM »

We came home from a Santa parade this afternoon and found a HUGE box from DeSade.... of course I couldn't wait to rip it open and see what was inside!  Here's a shot of everything unwrapped:

There were all sorts of AWESOME goodies inside: 
A pretty pink quilted stocking along with a Dunder Mifflin prank kit (jello, mold, and stapler) and some gifts from Dwight (all wrapped in Dunder Mifflin 'packaging')!  A gorgeous (and super snuggly) blanket (I am going to use it tonight while we catch up on shows on the DVR) AND a matching bag that not only matches the blanket print but is almost a perfect match to one on my wists!  Ornaments for the kids and I (One with an initial for me, Elmo for my son, and a Hello Kitty cheerleader for my daughter), some horror movie magnets (we were partners in the Halloween swap so she knew exactly what I liked) and a crochet scarf that matches a hat she made me in the Halloween swap as well.  Japanese erasers like the ones on my wists, a memo pad, and a cupcake pincushion.

Plus, she made me these AWESOME soaps (and even some that smelled like coffee that somehow got cropped out of the photo)  - everyone loved them so much... we'll be using them soon (although they are almost too cute to use) and these FANTASTIC pins... both inspired by my Wists:

Last, but not least, was this gorgeous bracelet!

I LOVED everything inside this package, it's all perfect and I'll be fighting my 13 year old for a lot of it.   Grin  Thank you so much DeSade for the excellent stocking package! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2010 08:10:38 PM »

I love the fabric of the bag and blanket, stacysews! Very nice package all the way around.

I received a totally awesome package from Audania1 today. She rocks! I will try and get pics up tomorrow. Wait 'til you guys see what I got!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2010 08:39:01 PM »

Updated status.

www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=358904.msg4205157#msg4205157

Let me know if I missed you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
DeSade13

We're all mad here...

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2010 06:40:02 AM »

I am so glad you (and your kids) liked everything, Stacy!

I hope we get paired up again somewhere down the road Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is ideal, it is the work of the imagination.

-Marquis de Sade

(Wist: http://wists.com/DeSade13)
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2010 08:25:45 AM »

First off, let me say that Audania1 must have one of the best brains on Craftster. She came up with things I wouldn't have dreamed of. I think she is also a bit of a mind reader or something because I don't remember saying I wanted some of the things she sent.  Cheesy

Secondly, for those who are wondering, we agreed on a large spoiler stocking with 9-10 crafted goodies, 3-4 of which would be mediums, the rest small, and 7-8 store bought gifts. And a stocking.

And now, PICTURES!

I love this! It's straight off my wist. I have named the piggy Cena, after the pig I raised in high school (who was named for the Spanish word for dinner and tasted soooo good).

Great crocheted arm warmers. I've been wanting some arm warmers for a long time and don't remember ever mentioning it on here. And the color is one of my favorites! I was slightly spooked  Wink

Butterbeer mugs and a pumpkin juice container with pumpkin juice mix. We were in the Deathly Hallows swap together and I was secretly hoping that Audania1 would treat me to some of her glass etching.

Another set of glass etching greatness! She sent along sand and pretty glass for weights and tea lights. I do not recall telling her either that we often put candles in the windows for holidays or just because. Hmm... Plus she used my 2 of my favorite words: hope and joy.

Some store-bought goodies: hand sewing needles (always at a premium around here), measuring cups and spoons (you can never have enough, ever), a seam ripper (I can NEVER find mine) and embroidery floss. I use embroidery floss like it's going out of style plus I've been wanting to learn embroidery for a long while.

Candy! All my favorites: skittles, candy mix, mints and honey sticks. Did I mention mints and honey sticks? I don't remember doing so. And they are my total favorites!

My folks got in on the unwrapping.

My dad got a Mariners ornament! He loves baseball and the Mariners are our local team. He was mightly impressed with the woodburning. It really is remarkable.

And a Cheshire Cat apron for my mom. We are both in love with it. Talk about clever!

My sister got a manatee drawing and resin magnets. Totally perfect! Boy, Audania1 has got some awesome art talent.

And for each of us

adorabel little vials with seeds. She put our names and the contents on each one. We all love to garden. This was so perfect!

The stocking, of course! So cute!

And my favorite for last:

An ornament made to look like one of those old glass balls you can find on the beach with sand and shells inside. We used to go to the beach at least once a year for a week or so before I got milk goats. That's the one drawback of having animals for me: You can't just leave for the weekend. You can't just leave for the day. You have to be there morning and night to milk, feed, water, etc. at about the same time every day. It's been really hard for me with the goats getting older and knowing that soon we'll not have the farm animals. This ornament reminded me that it's not all bad. I abosolutely love it. Thank you.

You are awesome, Audania1! Thank you, thank you, thank you for absolutely everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2010 09:37:54 AM »

Oh! I'm so glad you liked everything! I must say that the sand and shell ornament has a story behind it. My husband and i lived in Hawaii for two years right after we got married, so I collected a lot of stuff from there! The black sand is from the black sand beach in Punalu'u on the Big Island. It's the most southern town in the United States and sea turtles nest there year around. The shells inside are from the beach we lived next to on the Marine Corps base on Oahu. I would go to the beach all of the time and it was wonderful. So, when we moved, I wanted something to remind myself of the wonderful times there and made myself the same ornament. Only the shells on the top were purchased and that is because I needed something to block the sand from falling out. Wink

As for the gloves, you said yellow was your favorite color and green is mine, so i just put them together. Smiley Plus, this is my favorite pattern for gloves. Wink

I'm so sad that the manatee box frame got cracked! What a bummer! I do have an extra if you want me to send it. It totally wouldn't be a problem at all. Let me know, k? Smiley

I had an awesome time swapping with you and I hope we get paired up again in another swap - so much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2010 10:19:18 AM »

Oh, that'd be so cool if you could send the extra frame! And what a great story about the sand and shells! Yes, I would be so happy if we got paired up again. What an awesome time!

Oh, and to the rest of y'all, Audania1 also sent tea! It was probably bundled off to the kitchen while I was taking pictures  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2010 12:32:54 PM »

I'll get that frame off to you in the next few days. Smiley It should be good, you know, NOT packed with glass. Wink Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stacysews
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2010 12:42:51 PM »

I hope we get paired up again somewhere down the road

Me too - I have had a blast making things for you in the last two swaps.  My daughter said we should get paired up again too, she's in love with your craftiness.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Understand Colors for Home Decorating
Photo Retouching and Compositing Examples
How to use ADT Architectural Desktop Wall Cleanup Priorities
How to Use REVIT MEP 2008 - Building an HVAC System
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Coping Buttons
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...