A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: a lot of bathmat towels. what can i do with them? please share ideas!  (Read 967 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

balticseagull
« on: November 07, 2010 06:46:45 PM »

hello, lovely people!
I'm a reader, not a poster.... love, love, love you all ideas and talents!(and yes, even jealous!)

so, something "possessed" me to buy a LOT of white bathmats from a hotel that was redecorating...we are talking about 200-300... nice, thick, white bathmat towels!
i do use them all over for my family(hands, face, floor etc)...
but most of them are still in boxes-taking up a lot of my room.
so, straining my brain here trying to figure out to make something for Christmas presents and other useful things to give away and maybe even sell... but there is only so many swiffer covers i can make!
i do like things to be functional (especially multifunctional gives  me shivers all the way to my hairs when i see something multifunctional!:))

please post if you have ANY idea how and what i can make/do with them!

hugs to all!
Balticseagull
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Say You Love Me
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010 07:26:14 PM »

Fold them into a bunny or dog and give them away for chirstmas presents or sell them. You could make stuffed animals out of them too. Use them to re-cover small furniture?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hautedogclothing
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010 12:55:24 PM »

This may be random since most people don't have a need for this, but we cut up towels to make doggy diapers....

Or give out car wash kits, lol  a bucket with a towel and some soap....

my grandma does alot of embroidery, you can embroider something cute or funny on the towels.

I also like the suggestion of folding them into animals and giving them out, I wouldn't mind getting that as a gift!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/hautedogclothing
www.etsy.com/shop/sexybeastaccessories
"Like" my shop on FB please! http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Sexy-Beast-Accessories/210550278988695
balticseagull
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010 08:00:10 PM »

uh, i do like the idea on folding them and give as presents....
not sure people would buy them, since they all used...

where would you place embroidery? in a middle? --they are not like bath towels-they are bath mats, so there is a rectangle inside(really don't know how to explain)

i was thinking to try to put them together and make a towel-blanket for summer...but edges kind of thick....

thank you very much for your ideas!!
i'll sleep on it some more.Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hautedogclothing
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010 05:39:55 AM »

well, my grandma likes to put the embroidery on either side, centered so when folded in the bathroom you see her work....i suppose you could also do the middle.

I've also seen her cut the towels down, crochet around the edges and make like kitchen towels and small hand towels.

I hope these would work with the type of towels you have....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/hautedogclothing
www.etsy.com/shop/sexybeastaccessories
"Like" my shop on FB please! http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Sexy-Beast-Accessories/210550278988695
ArtsyMomma365

http://www.artsymomma365.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010 07:38:56 PM »

A lot of times, I'll use old towels as batting for pot holders or trivets. You could most definetly make some super cute, soft stuffed animals out of them, and just add a bit of embroidery to spice it up.

You could also sew on accent fabric or trim to decorate them a bit. Here's an example http://www.artsymomma365.com/2010/11/just-little-bit-more.html

If you have small children in your family, you could make them swim cover ups like this http://fromanigloo.blogspot.com/2010/07/6-step-swim-cover-up.html and then maybe applique something cute that would represent the child near the bottom hem.

You could make shoe or gift bags out of them...

Hmmmm.... That's about all I can come up with at the moment. Good luck with those bath mats! My goodness you sure do have a lot  Tongue

-Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

howprettyful
How prettyful!

La di da....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010 08:25:54 PM »

Make bathrobes out of them, give some as gifts, keep a few for just around-the-house kinda thing. Perhaps a pair of soft, cozy slippers? How bout cutting off the actual mat part, and using the fuzzy material to stuff sewing projects - Im not sure if thats wat ur talking about, but....?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MAmadurk
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010 10:40:09 AM »

fold a couple in half to make sit-upon stuffing (old GS thing) or stadium cushions.  make covers to match fave sports teams for gifts.

MAmadurk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't consider myself a book collector.  I just have books,
the way one has air to breathe.   -N. Hilyard

I cannot live without books.  -Thomas Jefferson
Meduza
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010 02:28:28 PM »

Your local animal shelter can always use towels, sheets, rugs, washcloths, and blankets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eclecticlyfe
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010 10:29:50 AM »

LOVE the animal shelter idea !!! Also if they aren't too thick to sew - you could make hot/cold packs- make little pillows and fill them with rice or whole feed corn- microwave to make a hot pack- freeze for a cold pack Wink
These make great- quick gifts Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To become learned, each day add something. To become enlightened, each day drop something."  Lao Tzu
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Blackberry Fool Recipe
Frosted Meyer Lemon Cupcakes With Amy Berman
How to Poach Fruit
How to Create a Fresh Watermelon Basket
Apple Crumble Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...