A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alice in Wonderland Costumes, ala Jacki.(crap-ton of pics)  (Read 8477 times)
Tags for this thread: costume , alice_in_wonderland , queen_of_hearts , craft_challenge_56_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artzy_fartzy68
"The best index to a person's character is (a) how he treats people who can't do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can't fight back." Abigail van Buren

Macaroni & Cheese

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 07, 2010 05:02:08 PM »

I made these for my sons and my granddaughters, who are as follows:
Red Queen: Rosemary, 5wks
Alice: Audrey, 20 mths
The White Rabbit: Aldous, 25 mths
The Mad Hatter: William, 3 yrs

The Red Queen's dress is a Kwik Sew baby dress bodice with self-drafted sleeves, skirt and overskirt. It closes w/ one button on the back. The red is a crushed velvet panne, and the black is a satin-like fabric. Trim is vintage white and gold rick-rack. My daughter made her crown from poster board. The shoes are store-bought black shoes painted gold, store-bought tights.

Alice has a linen dress from a peasant dress pattern in Lalala3 with 3 rows of elastic shirring at the sleeves and the neckline. The hem is trimmed with white rick-rack. The apron is a self-drafted from white stretch cotton poplin. Store-bought headband, tights, and shoes.

The White Rabbit is a self-drafted zipfront jumpsuit out of fun-fur and felt and a satin-lined hood, with a self-drafted coat w/ split tails to accomodate the handmade pompon tail. Vintage buttons, trim, and home-decor lace ruffles add the details.

The Mad Hatter is wearing reconned thrift store jacket (women's size M to a size 4t!), with homemade uniform polo (white shirt), self-drafted vest w/ vintage button, handmade hat w/ hatband and pins, self-drafted short pants with spray painted gold stripes, spray painted boots. The jacket was painted, embellished with vintage trim and home decor lace and lace ruffles. The buttons were replaced with vintage buttons, and elastic added for a closer fit.
The bow tie has a pin fastener. Socks are store bought, wig is store bought, but painted orange. Thread bandolier is vintage trim with an elastic thread holder sewn on, spools from stash (most vintage)

I think that's it! I had SO much fun making these! Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jacki, blog at http://mac-aroni-n-cheese.blogspot.com/ Check out what cool stuff I'm up to!
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010 05:21:59 PM »

Wow!  The costumes are amazing and your little ones are simply adorable!  Oh, I wish I could squeeze them all.  Fantastic job!  Those photos are priceless!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DEri6n
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010 05:54:28 PM »

They all look so cute! :3
The detail you put into these costumes is really amazing. I'm especially fond of the lace accents you put on the coats.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
metria
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010 07:05:21 PM »

ab fab!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Radmom
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010 04:29:15 AM »

OMG, The costume rocks, and those pictures are wonderful!!!! Adorable kids there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

punkmama

punk rock mom with a hot glue gun...DIY dammit!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010 07:32:01 PM »

astounding as usual my friend! wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

punkmama says...do it yourself!
Rinoa1024
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010 07:32:35 PM »

These costumes are SO precious!  My favorite is definitely the Mad Hatter.  Your son pulls off that costume really well!  He looks so sweet and proper in the picture without the wig, hat, and overcoat, but once he wears those items, the Mad Hatter persona really comes through. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artzy_fartzy68
"The best index to a person's character is (a) how he treats people who can't do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can't fight back." Abigail van Buren

Macaroni & Cheese

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010 01:14:13 PM »

These costumes are SO precious!  My favorite is definitely the Mad Hatter.  Your son pulls off that costume really well!  He looks so sweet and proper in the picture without the wig, hat, and overcoat, but once he wears those items, the Mad Hatter persona really comes through. Smiley

William's a ham, for sure! He's a great model, and had SO MUCH fun in that costume!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jacki, blog at http://mac-aroni-n-cheese.blogspot.com/ Check out what cool stuff I'm up to!
kimchery
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010 03:23:36 PM »

That is so incredibly adorable and awesome.  I love themed costumes and I LOVE Alice in Wonderland.  The baby as the queen of hearts... awww, just love it...  That last picture is too fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FoxyMama
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

So many fabrics, so little time . . .

FoxyMama loves her FoxyBaby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010 06:11:43 PM »

So totally adorable!   And the costumes aren't half bad, either  Wink

Just kidding!  The costumes are wonderful, the kids are adorable, the kids in the costumes are divine and the photos are just perfect!!

Awesome job  Grin

~Martha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In creating, the only hard thing's to begin; A grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak.
James Russell Lowell
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kaza Kinglsey Reveals Her Best Quality
Heather Henson Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Leviathan Book Trailer
The Memory Quilt Book Trailer
An Author Chat with Julia DeVillers and Hillary Homzie Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...