A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Badass Tango Wizard: Hogwarts, eat your heart out!  (Read 1722 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_56_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Knotmad
« on: November 07, 2010 12:51:21 PM »

The requirements for this costume:
1. Must look awesome.
2. Must be able to dance tango comfortably.
3. Must be constructed in 3 hours or less the night of Halloween tango ball!

This costume began when my boyfriend and I couldn't find anything for him to wear at the local costume shop and he hesitatingly asked if I could make him a wizard... with 24 hours to spare. I made my costume for the evening the next day and brought a bunch of craft stuff to his apartment that evening. The hat was made with brown paper bags, tape, wire, and many fittings. We stitched on the felt having only faith, but when we added the fur, it started to come together as a Russian-esqe wizard. My boyfriend made stencils to paint on the moon and stars, and found some bindis that he had (don't ask) that he glued onto the felt. I tucked an old bookmark I made with rooster feathers into the brim of the hat.  The cloak was made in 15 minutes of frantic draping and stapling. I can sew... I just couldn't sew fast enough.... We belted it around his dancing clothes and pinned a curtain tassel around him. He had an Indian scarf that he wore as a sash. Presto Chango! I thought we hit on the old-school wizarding that was pre-Potter and, if I may, way more badass. The results:

Dancing Pics!

We took these pics after the dance. You can see the white smudge on the hat left by our good friend Eric (the guy painted white in the dancing shots).

Everyone agreed his costume was the best. Extra points for DIYing it in 3 hours. Many spells were cast. He also wore it to the Barebones theatre production on Halloween night -- everyone loved it. Someone even tugged on the tip of his hat to see  how it was made... or get attention. Boyfriend spun around, wand at hand, shouted ABRACADABRA! and turned him into a newt! Riotous laughter all around. Thanks for looking! C & C appreciated!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an Animation - SideFX Houdini
How to Use the Copy SOP - SideFX Houdini
How to Use Metaballs - SideFX Houdini
How to Texture - SideFX Houdini
How to Do the ScreenFlow Zoom Effect - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...