A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,950
Currently Running With Scissors:
736 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: help with evil asian man hat and what to be with a snake as an accessory?  (Read 8508 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

h0p31355

How *hard* could it be?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007 05:15:21 PM »

insanely original, looks so fanatstic
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~h0p31355~
expressmail

Addicted to knitting, but won't share used needles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007 09:48:35 PM »

not to imply anything, but medusa is a pretty good option for the snake Smiley there are also several indian (from india, not america types) gods and goddesses that are considered to hold the snake in high regard, including the hindu god shiva (i think, i'm not sure) who holds cobras as sacred. but i would try to do salvador dali; it's a good pun on salvador your snake, and i remember seeing a portrait of him in art class with a huge python at his feet. i'm not sure if it was a common thing for him to be seen with snakes  : Huh but i'm pretty sure that if anyone asked you why you were dressed up as a surrealist and carrying a snake, you could tell them you were looking for the bathtub so you could shave a panda. he was a surrealist, for goodness sakes. can't put anything past him. plus it's fun to wear a goofy mustache.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't you hate it when people fill up their signature with random junk you could care less about reading but when you see how long it is you figure it has to be important so you keep reading but it's not worth your time and you just wasted a whole minute reading absolutely nothing at all? I do.
Baronchatdelamort
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011 09:31:00 AM »

I love Halloween. Usually I know what I want to dress up as months in advance...
Last year I went as my favorite voodoo death/sex god, Baron Samedi...presumably Samdedi in drag, because I cannot actually pull off looking like a tall skinny black man in skullface:

At the time, I was fairly put out by not having a pet snake to go with the skeleton in tophat look, since snakes are big in voodoo. Since then, however...

Baby Salvador has come into my life! He's a few months old, two feet long, and an absolute sweetheart. So, this year, I would like to go as something besides The Baron that still...um, includes a snake. Salvador's super well behaved; I've taken him out to various places and he's totally chill...ball pythons are frequently the snakes belly dancers use, because of their convenient size (usually around five feet, full grown) and sweet temperament. I've taken him dancing; I was in a fashion show recently and had him on the runway... I don't take him smoke filled places that will be noisy, so I don't take him clubbing, because that would be bad for him...but whatever gathering I'm attending for Halloween will be smoke free, snake friendly, and pretty laid back, so a costume to go with Salvador would be fantastic. I don't want to go as just your run of the mill snake charmer...I'd like something spookier. Any suggestions?

Anyway! Thanks to everyone who took the time to read the long post--sorry, I'm wordy.
(and, yes, the snake is named after the painter.)

well about the Baron in drag bit... the Baron often posses people regardless of gender, he just kinda dresses you up to suit his tastes and does what he wants, so your costume was pretty top notch realism... the hat i have no idea as every time i try to make a hat it turns out wonky... for your costume i love the side show snake charmer idea, medusa is cool too, you could go as maman brigite the barons wife... or damballah wedo the voodoo snake god... you could sew legs on a tube sock and make your snake a lizard costume... if your a harry potter fan you could go as voldemort... heres a good make up tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0HYP9OMpmc

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph a Fast Car in Motion
How to Set the White Balance Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Timer Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Spot Meter Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Shutter Priority Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...