A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,756
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 67
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Yule Swap Round 24 (SU 11-5 to 11-15, SO 12-13-10)  (Read 55310 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ladyblades
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2010 12:34:39 PM »

LydiaHarper,  I understand how much losing your little dog means to you and you have my love and *hugs*. My furry children that have passed beyond are still in my thoughts after several years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not swapping for the moment, life is too crazy. See you all soon!
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2010 12:52:41 PM »

Do iiiiiit!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
lydiaharper
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2010 01:11:26 PM »

Thanks so much, Ladyblades!

And, Melladh, I agree with Fullmoon, you gotta do it now.  LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2010 01:22:20 PM »

Bad ideas get too much encouragement on this site! Roll Eyes I mean I know that's why I'm here in the first place, but still...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2010 09:02:56 PM »

I have a question.. Is there some form of meditation or a spell or anything that I can do to put icky memories at bay, to stop feeling depressed, and to break a chain?

I realized that on an almost daily basis I mutter something to myself, it's always the same thing, and I've done it for probably a year and two months now.... But I felt really really depressed last fall/winter as well, I'd had a lot of bad things happen that completely broke me, and memories of all of that have been floating around a lot lately, and even without all that I've been feeling really depressed. Some of it is from normal teenage stuff, like, my school is having winterball next month, and I've never been to it, but I've always wanted to go but I've never been able really, and this is my senior year, and I can't go because my boyfriend is 21 and my school won't allow guests older than 20, and winter ball isn't really something you go to alone because it will literally be painfully sad because it's veryyyyyy couple orientated... Well, I've been watching all my female friends be asked to winter ball by their boyfriends or guys who they're into, and even my very close friend's anti-social boyfriend who HATES that type of thing asked her to go, and they have this amazing little romantic plan, and everyone's being asked sweetly and romantically, and one of my guy friends is planning on asking one of our friends/drama buddies (In our drama class, our table group is very crazy, we're very good friends) and it's just making me feel alone and sad, and it doesn't help that the boyfriend (who is ironically also my absolute best friend that I'm closer to than anyone else) and I aren't able to see each other very often and our relationship has a problem or two that he and I occassionally discuss but we try to just ignore it like the white elephant in the room because we both know how badly it needs to be fixed, but as weird as this sounds, he is literally the only one who can fix it, and he won't yet. For him the time isn't right, and it's upsetting but it's back to us trying to ignore it again, if the timing works right this time, it should be fixed by next month or January... But the distance is getting to us too. We only live like two hours apart, but neither of us can really afford the gas, and I can't drive because I don't have a license or a car because my parents pulled me out of drivers ed when I was almost finished with it and nobody will let me learn to drive, so I'm one of those annoying seniors who still has to bum rides or walk everywhere (Which is fine and all when it's semi nice out, but when it's a cold Washington rain storm, it's a pain in the ass to walk a 20min walk uphill to the assisted living home to work with old people and then try to keep them from killing each other over bingo). Then, I have an unholy amount of stress, which I know I've brought upon myself, but I can't lighten my schedule now and I have to deal with it for another two or three months before anything might begin to calm down a little.  That's probably not all of it, but that is a brief rundown of what's going on and why I'd really like something to fix this. Or at least make things more bearable... Oh, and my back is covered in huge knots and the right side of my back actually is protruding because of how large a knot is (It covers half of the right side of my back and is very painful and yucky) and the left side has painful knots along with one that has actually like basically turned into a hard knot ball and now causes me pain to move my left arm, which sucks majorly because I'm left handed.... =/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
hardyswanton01
idle hands means you aren't crafting enough

laughter is good medicine, whisky is better

« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2010 09:28:41 PM »

My question, after such a long story, is how do I begin to find out who she was.  She didn't speak or have anything with her.  She just stood watching.  I tried looking up Goddesses associated with dogs and couldn't find anything I thought could be her.

I have seen many descriptions of Artemis as "mistress of animals."  I think it was a beautiful dream showing your pets at peace.  Though you still miss, them, of course, how can you not?  Pets leave paw prints on our hearts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2010 01:46:56 AM »

I'm sorry so many negative things are happening. I would first figure out the source of these issues (are you attracting negativity / are the people around you putting it out there because of certain issues they have going on, etc. It might be a combo of all of it.)

But pick out a feature you feel that you have personal power over to change or at least deflect from others.

Depending on the way you want to go, you could do a banishment/ deflection spell during the waning moon, you could try to divine some resolutions using your preferred method to encourage yourself into some action, or you could do a cleansing spell or ritual. These are just some ideas. I have been in a similar boat at times, so I know that once it rains, it pours problems.

I think the most important part is that you decide what you can actively change in yourself and create a spell to enhance that change, probably under a waxing/full moon. I personally find burning or binding words powerful, so maybe take that phrase you hate and bind the words and the negative feelings that go with it, replacing it with a more helpful statement. (I.E. Replace "I hate my life" with "Today I will find something positive has happened (and think on what that was, like an A on a test, you had a satisfying meal, etc.  OR "I love that I am a caring person").

Also I would encourage you to both meditate to find a sense of calm and really focus on building yourself up. It sounds like a draining experience right now and you need to love and care for yourself. Possibly carry some sort of talisman to remind you to think of what is going right in your day.

And not to sound all parent-y, but I would also have a talk with your parents about these issues or someone you trust with your feelings. Hey, maybe they can give you insight as to the driving thing or at least be a shoulder to lean on.

I really hope some of this helps you. You can also ask the group for positive energy wishes to be sent your way, we're good at that!  Wink

And hardyswanton, I LOVE that last little phrase in your post. They do leave prints on our hearts.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
holistic knitter
Current Swaps:

Peace comes from within

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2010 04:29:55 AM »

Fullmoon - sending you hugs (())

re crafting: finished two small items ... started working on stocking
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010 04:30:35 AM by holistic knitter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2010 04:55:26 AM »

Fullmoon - I know where you are so to speak, I've been there too. My situation was not the same as yours, and yet it was exactly the same. It still happens this much later in life, but it's become easier with time and my current situation. I won't try to advice you to talk to anyone, because I know it's not that simple, but if you do find someone, even if it's a complete stranger who you talk to anonymously over the internet, it can bring you freedom. Even if you don't talk about anything special, just letting everything out can help.
  But most of all, remember that if you so choose, you can take a deep breath and let the night walk with you instead of against you, even if you struggle against the storm, you can choose to embrace it. It will bring you strength.
  And the winter will end, and spring will come, and the spring rains can wash everything away to make room for something new, as long as you let it do so.

re crafting: finished two small items ... started working on stocking

O.O I'm still just planning! I've got a Google Android Labs event tonight, but if I'm not too tired I might just start on the simplest of my ideas Cheesy Which I'm trying to convince myself should stay simple, and not spend two weeks failing to embellish it... Roll Eyes I've got two other crafts to do that to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2010 04:56:45 AM »

Fullmoon. I dont know of a spell,  but I do know of a neurolinguistic programming technique that really does work. I have seen it work again and again for minimising bad memories. This link is a pretty full description, http://www.personal-development-planet.com/nlp-submodalities.html let me know if you have any trouble with it as I am trained in this area

X
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 67 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Asian Glazed Gammon
World Food: Sushi and Sashimi
Learn to Make Easy Korean Beef Stir Fry
Learn to Make Hoisin Ribs and Chow Mein Noodles
Learn to Make Simple Dim Sum
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...