A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 67
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Yule Swap Round 24 (SU 11-5 to 11-15, SO 12-13-10)  (Read 55968 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SecretAgentStarchild
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2010 07:41:07 AM »

SecretAgentStarchild is my usual username. Starchild is a nickname that a lot of my friends call me, 'cause I am obsessed with stars and whimsical things and growing up just ain't my style. ^_^ The Secret Agent part is because I would love to be a Secret Agent. Aside from the killing things and the guns and stuff... I would love to have disguises and have grand adventures with cool gadets and travel the world and be all sneaky and have an epic nemesis. If I was a Secret Agent, then Starchild would be my code name. Hehehehe. ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. - Roald Dahl
Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2010 07:42:29 AM »

My screen name is nothing special.  When I made it up I was probably 12 or 13 and I just used stuff I knew I liked.  My nickname growing up was frog because when I was a baby I slept like frogs swim in the water with arms and legs all sprawled out.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.zenpond.com/frog_swimming.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.zenpond.com/visitors.html&usg=__KYUWFaFvry5p6_T6B_JV-ZC9_jQ=&h=200&w=300&sz=21&hl=en&start=13&zoom=1&tbnid=_2D2pMld-J45BM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=202&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfrogs%2Bswimming%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1189%26bih%3D489%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C359&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=146&vpy=147&dur=31&hovh=160&hovw=240&tx=113&ty=60&ei=aFThTPemHMPflgebs9jrAw&oei=XVThTJvaMYH48Abo4szzDg&esq=2&page=2&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:13&biw=1189&bih=489

Sorry the link is so long.  Undecided  That's the best picture I could find of how I slept.  So...  I just took my childhood nickname and tacked my birthday onto the end of it, May 26.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FinRaziel
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2010 07:46:01 AM »

my name comes from the movie "willow". fin raziel is the sorceress. i chose it because willow is one of my favorite movies ever and i think all the names in it are pretty cool.

i like this topic. i always wonder about peoples screen names. its interesting to know what they actually mean.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make a friend swap: planning/crafting
one tiny stuffie round 5: crafting!

15/50 projects in 2011: link

wists.com/FinRaziel
phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2010 08:17:18 AM »

Oprah was talking about going to Phoenix or Albuquerque one day and it seemed intriguing to me (I'm from PA).  Shortly after that (1997) I got this new fangled computer and hooked up to that internet thingy   Wink (I hadn't seen a computer since I owned a Commodore 128 in the 80's) ... I started researching Phoenix and it became a fantasy of mine to move here.  Phoenix Rain is sorta an oxymoron.  It happens, but it's not common.  I figured my chances of making it out here were pretty slim, like rain in Phoenix.  And my soon to be ex-husband at the time despised the screen name, so it had that extra bonus  Grin. Over the years I've had to change the spelling when I've changed email accounts.  Then I added on the 99 when I finally made it out here.

Moving out here to Arizona was my greatest coup to date (convincing my ex that it would be to HIS advantage to live here and actually pulling it off) ... and it reminds me daily of just how strong I can be when I set my mind to it.  I really didn't know much about the mythical Phoenix at the time, but it's very well suited to the story also and has become a sort of totem animal for me and my representation for Fire.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2010 08:18:10 AM »

Selkie is a magical being from Scotland, Ireland, Faroe, Orkney and Shetland Islands - a seal who can take off it's skin and become human. The movie The Secret of Roan Inish is the most popular retelling.
Seals have been my critters for most of my life and there's a part of me that has a deep affinity with them.
And my cat's name is Selkie - everyone thinks it's Silky... silly people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2010 08:32:20 AM »

mine is silly .. . . jeff hardy = pro wrestler.  his finishing move =  swanton bomb  . . . hardyswanton01 pretty much

lol I always read your name as hardy's wanton...so i assumed that your SO was called Hardy and that you were his wanton woman..lol...

mine is simply my name and first initial
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ladyblades
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2010 09:30:15 AM »

Screenname meaning, huh?...Great question! Mine is because I've been a SCAdian (Society for Creative Anachronism - another medieval reenactment society) for more than 33 years and I collect sharp & shiny things (did I put that in my Profile?). For example handmade, matching dagger (with a brass crescent moon on the end) and sword (with a full moon) that I often use in rituals. There's a pic of the dagger on my Facebook profile (under the cat) http://www.facebook.com/Ladyblades. I've used this name for most of my accounts since my first account in the mid 90's. It gets taken often and I was even mistaken for someone else a few times but it's a great name that really fits me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not swapping for the moment, life is too crazy. See you all soon!
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2010 10:02:18 AM »

yay, I'm glad I asked the question, some stories I would have never figure!

I usually just go by my true name, Andrann, which is very uncommun in english-speaking forums, but I was feeling for a change and ask the bf to find me one, he came up with this:
MamanTattoo: Maman is the french word for Mommy. We often call each other Mamanthis or Papathat (ex; I'd call him Papacake if he'd eat a 3rd portion of cake in a row!).
Tattoo is because is LOVE tattoos, I own professional handmade machines and started tattooing, I have a couple myself, it had been my main interest before having to stop tattooing (due to lack of place and environmental control) and starting getting into sewing so much.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
lydiaharper
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2010 10:48:09 AM »

No great story behind my name either.  It's just my first and last name.  :-)

Lydia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2010 12:01:09 PM »

Partner soon!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 67 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
British Designer Makes Most Expensive Dress In The World
Marchesa Goes Sporty For The New York Jets
WAG Kelly Brook Says She Dresses To Flatter Her Curves
Who Rocked the Frock: Edie Falco, Tess Daly, or Shalom Harlow?
Top Five Fall Denim Trends
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...