A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,731
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Steampunk Christmas Ornament Swap (Send outs 12/8)  (Read 9703 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2010 02:34:52 AM »

I love patchworkdragon's ornaments.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

habitat-lady
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2010 11:00:21 AM »

I received from Eukarya, Bookstorebabe and Pogo in the past few days, but knew I wouldn't have a chance to take pics and post until today, so I waited and opened all three this morning!  All so beautiful! 

From Eukarya - a delicate handpainted egg ornament with a reindeer and Christmas trees.  I love it, Thank you so much.

From Bookstorebabe - Thank you for a wonderfully creative ornament, like a small windchime.  I've already tapped the back of a small kid paw to keep her away from it.  Very cool!

From Pogo - A beautiful star in dark blue metallic clay, complete with gears.  It is so lovely, thank you. 

What a great Saturday morning!  We should really do steampunk ornament swaps throughout the year.  LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2010 01:59:29 PM »

Today was Christmas for me too! I walked out the door and there were three boxes (one was craft supplies)!!!!!

Last night I received from Bookstorebabe -
We share a love for the comic Girl Genius and she complete outdid herself with this awesome Agatha ornament. She has amazing detail in her dress, goggles, and even little wrench. Love her!

She is currently guarding my "green" room, I told BSB, I'll have to move some electronics out there so she doesn't go stir crazy.

Next box I dove into was from Eukarya -
I was honored to receive this gorgeous ornament with Santa and gears on the side. I've been impressed with Eukarya's art for years and am so excited to own a piece! It went straight to my tree!

My last fantastic box contained this wonderful piece by Habitat-lady:
Again, I was very impressed by the amount of detail - she managed to fit an entire airship inside the glass ornament and then decorated the outsides with clay, wire and a few gears. The photos don't quite do it justice:

Thanks so much ladies! I have been truly spoiled in this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2010 02:00:36 PM »

At the request of Bookstorebabe - here is the ornament I sent her:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
spookshowbaby77
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2010 04:45:12 PM »

Wow - fabulous gallery so far!

I received two ornaments today. The first one is from Harvey, it is a Steampunk Lady - so detailed, the pictures don't do her justice! She included a small steam punk pendant as well, which is hanging beside her in the picture:

I also received from Averia, she did a beautifully embroidered airship! So, so pretty - again I wish my photography skills were a bit better to capture the details:

Thank you both so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eukarya
Freelance Artist and Maker of Crafty Things

Crazy loves me!

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2010 05:49:41 PM »

I'm glad you like the egg ornaments!  I tried to make something else at first but it turned out awful, so I grabbed my trusty paintbrushes and went back to basics! Smiley  The mechanical reindeer is inspired by an Urban Threads design that I love.  The Santa was just fun...I loved how the gears around the side turned out! Smiley

I've received from Pogo, Bookstorebabe and Habitat-Lady!  Fabulous ornaments so far! Smiley

From Pogo:

Love all these tiny gears!

From Bookstorebabe:

A cool airship!  My toddler loves this but I've hung it too high on the tree for him to reach!

From Habitat-lady:

So elegant!  I love all the details here! Smiley

Thank you ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alchamy513
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2010 06:12:18 PM »

Everyone made such amazing ornaments! I really love the stars, and the bulbs, and the wind chime is so unique, and the paintings are amazing... but I think I squeed a little when I saw the mini Agatha doll! Its so cute!

I've received awesome ornaments from Averia and Spookshowbaby, I couldn't get the best pictures since my room has the worst lighting ever, but I love them so much!

First, from Averia... I think spookshowbaby has a much better pic, I tried! I love the metallic thread and the lace around the edges is gorgeous!

And spookshowbaby sent an awesome collage... its on a little canvas and everything!

Too cool! I can't wait for the rest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2010 07:03:47 PM »

Oh, man, what a gallery! This was a great swap idea. I want a tree full of these now! Harvey, I love the steampunk lady.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2010 04:46:05 AM »

I tore apart the house and finally found the cable to upload pictures but they do not do these ornaments justice! I should stop swapping completely until i get better at picture taking.

I received from Harvey first and can not get over how lovely the steampunk lady is! My photo does not show the detail well enough, but it is amazingly well crafted and absolutely gorgeous!

Harvey sent a beautiful pendant along with the ornament.

From Spookshowbaby: A beautifully done ornament! Important to note - the gears spin!

From Alchamy513 came this amazing crocheted blimp! I love the way it sparkles on the tree!

Oops, had to come back to edit to show this cute little extra ornament Alchamy513 sent - wouldn't you know, the picture of the tiniest item came out well Cheesy I'm not sure where to put it since it gets lost on the big tree, and it is too adorable to allow it to be lost in the background.

I love everything!!! Thank you so much to each of you!!!

« Last Edit: December 12, 2010 05:09:10 AM by Averia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WackobelleEarrings

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2010 05:05:38 AM »

that blimp is amazing.  just gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set Exposure Compensation Function
Canon G10: Set Delete Function
Canon G10: Set Auto Mode Function
Canon G10: Set Aperture Priority (Av) Function
Canon G10: Set for Sunset Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...