A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Maleficent Rules!  (Read 3428 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_56_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

brookeincraftland
BROOKE

formerly was polKadOt_iT.then they took over :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: November 05, 2010 12:00:08 AM »

So Maleficent is my favorite Villian of all time. Since I can remember. The funny thing is I thought she looked like and reminded me of my grandmother. The funniest thing is I loved her Smiley Anyways, here goes. The whole thing is 95% handmade

My fave pic of the night

Think the eerie lighting makes it!

my inspiration, Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty

This is a full pic

the pic didn't come out great. My face was such a beautiful green and in this pic its awful. but from the above pic you can tell the colors. Did crazy purple eye makeup etc. The Dress was from a black "gown" i got from DAV for 1.99 then cut down the front to put the purple panel in. Then added a ruffle and train to bottom so i would have a trane. Then I cut down the sleeves and put purple down them.

My headdress and collar

For the headdress I made whats called a balacava. Then I hand stitched in a wig net, I cut out of an old halloween wig, so i could secure it to my head so the horns would stay in place. Then I made the horns and stuffed them. Then unfortunatley for my husband I made him wear it so I could pin the horns on perfect. Then i hand stitched them on. So hard. But worth it.
I made my collar from an old snow white costume I had that my mom used when I was 8 to make me a costume. I put card board in it so it would stay up! So worth it.

Then Here is my little demon Smiley

I just took cereal boxes and with double thickness cut everything out and glued it. Then i spray painted it all black. I secured it with a purple ribbon. So when she walked or wiggled her wings bounced. SO CUTE! Shes such a good model Smiley

Here is my staff

I found a curtain rod at Goodwillthat was already black. Then i got some wooden stars, 3 of them, and stacked them to add detail. Then i spray painted them black. I also got a yellow glow in the dark bouncy ball. then I glued it on top. Then I glued my crow on top. Because Maleficent always had her crow!

I even got a red ring just like hers. Of course I am glad I don't have to have a green face. So uncomfortable to wear the makeup Smiley I also found heels at DAV that were total witch heels. So pointy! Plus I am 5' 10" So with the horns and heels I was 6'7" WOW.I got some great looks and reactions passing out candy. I even had one trick or treater ask if I was a real witch Smiley 

Hope you liked the costume.  I made this costume for under $25. and worked very hard on it and it was worth it!Thanks for bearing with me Smiley

Brooke
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have paint all over my fingers and fabric all over the floor. Yeah it was a good day!
sunshinekitty1
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010 03:41:02 AM »

This is awesome! I'd love to see a larger pic if you have one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AshleyRae
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010 06:46:56 AM »

Oh, this is just beyond magnificent!  What a spectacular job you did!  I'm soooooooo dying to be Maleficent next year Smiley  Exceptionally well done!  I actually gasped with wonderment when I first saw the picture!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Without me, it's just aweso.
xmodxgoddessx
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010 06:56:50 AM »

Impressive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brackish Potato
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010 08:50:42 AM »

I've always loved Malificent, too!  So pretty! And the staff is double awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
swinginmartinis
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010 12:33:38 PM »

That looks great! I love Malificent!  I really like youe staff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My candle burns at both ends, it will not last the night.  But oh, my friends, and oh, my foes, it gives a lovely light.

www.swinginmartinis .etsy.com
paper rose
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010 02:58:34 PM »

Awesome! Maleficent has always been my favorite villain, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brookeincraftland
BROOKE

formerly was polKadOt_iT.then they took over :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010 07:36:48 PM »

thanks for looking! glad you all like it. It was pretty fun to wear Smiley I will try to make my full pic bigger. My camera battery died and I have been trying to get a new one. Not easy to find ; oops

anyways, thanks

brooke
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have paint all over my fingers and fabric all over the floor. Yeah it was a good day!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Azure Antoinette Shares a Poem at the IdeaFestival
Devil’s Wake Book Trailer
"All In Good Time": A Poem Read by Jason Sklar
Allison Leotta on Her Latest Thriller Discretion
Lovecraft: Fear of the Unknown
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...