A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,666
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 Advent Calendar Swap.  (Read 6511 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jackie K
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010 09:37:36 PM »

box of goodies:

the calendar

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010 11:15:30 AM by Jackie K » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jadore-le-rose
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010 03:00:58 AM »

Firstly here is a quick picture of all of my pressies looking tempting and ready to be opened! I love how Angelicus wrapped this, it's all so pretty!  Smiley

And I have stashed them all away in this big basket for safekeeping...

Now, my lovely advent calendar. Each day has it's own individual pocket with a chocolate coin inside. This must have taken you ages to sew each pocket- you must have a lot of patience!  Smiley

And a little closeup to show the detail...

1st December

Yay! Day 1, I can't believe it's December already- where did that time go? But at least we all get to open our pressies now!

So today I actually opened 2 presents because I noticed that there was 1 extra little parcel in there and I couldn't resist! So in the first present was this lovely little needlebook in the shape of a cupcake. I love this so, so much- I was in dire need of a needlebook, before they were all just sticking out of a pincushion and they kept getting lost inside the stuffing, but now I have somewhere to keep them all organised!

And the second present I opened was this cute little torch keyring and a smiley face keyring! I actually loved the smiley face one so much that I made it into a little pendant this morning and wore it today as a necklace!  Tongue

Thanks Angelicus for a great first day, I can't wait for tomorrow!  Grin

2nd December

Wow, today was another great present- I received this gorgeous handbound notebook with the made with the loveliest patterned paper. It's just lovely!

Thank you so much again!  Smiley

Day 3- Yummy chocolate tree decorations. (Already eaten- but I got a picture before they were devoured).
Day 4- A really cute crocheted stuffie. Love this- I have the perfect place for him to sit!
Day 5- A glittery angel candle- it's like you read my mind, because I have been obssessed with burning candles in the last few weeks and this one is so festive and pretty!
Day 6- Some crocheted flowers and a crocheted hair bow- so cute and so me!  Smiley
Day 7- A mug filled with hot chocolate and a chocolate bar. Oops, ate the chocolate before I could get a picture, but I will make sure to get a picture of the lovely mug- the saying on it is perfect for me!  Wink
Day 8- Gorgeous gift tags, including some handmade ones. Obviously will be so useful in the next few weeks!
Day 9- I cheated and opened two presents today as I was having a rubbish day and was lacking the willpower to resist my big basket of sparkly pressies. Inside I found some gorgeous crocheted handwarmers!  Smiley

Pictures to come, sorry I'm so behind- I've lent my camera to someone, but they will be back tomorrow so expect pictures then!  Grin
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010 10:28:37 AM by jadore-le-rose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gspinn

Crafting a girl's best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010 12:34:41 PM »

My spot  Grin
What I saw when I opened the box:

Underneath:

And underneath a little more:

Presents to open prior to December:

Awesome cat pins that I couldn't capture well because I can't find the flower setting thing on my new camera, these were made by zkatom's, aunts, and grandma

Advent calendar:
It is really long so I only took a picture of one section of it, and let me say I LOVE it!

Day 1, totally awesome ornament making kit and samples she made and sent me:

Day 2 the most perfect piece of jewelry fitted to my style and in my favorite colors (Green and Grey)

Day 3 A book and a bead mix along with some beads made by zkatom

Day 4 really cute holiday themed cloth napkins

Day 5 Gorgeous Peace on Earth glass ornament, I'm not sure if you can see it in the picture, but there is also a dove on the ornament

Day 6 awesome warm hat from my wists that I have been wearing everyday

Day 7 Totally awesome record bowl I have been wanting one forever!

Day 8 For the significant other a cute crocheted holiday penguin that he LOVES and for me some beautiful ornaments made out of sheet music.

Day 9 some cute perler bead jewelry. A tetris necklace that is too cute, and some star power earrings

Day 10 Cute catnip toys for the kitties and candy for the humans. The cats love the toys and went crazy for them. Apparently the organic catnip that zkatom grows is much more potent than what comes in the toys sold in stores. The cats came from all corners of the house when I opened them

Day 11 Crocheted slippers, I love the color but sadly they are a little big

Day 12 some handmade soaps, I'm not sure what scents they are because there are multiple scents

Day 13 Cute red polka dot bag filled with burts bees

Day 14 Possibly the coolest present ever... A MAGIC YARN BALL!! It is a pattern for an owl

And the contents:

Day 15 A homemade journal

Day 16 Little fish for me and mario mushrooms for the SO

Day 17 Awesome triptych made my zkatom I think with markers but not positive the medium

Day 18 Tea wallet! Yay I have been meaning to make one for myself and never have the time, I love this!

Day 19 A rapunzel scarf that my picture doesn't really do justice

Day 20 A book and the cutest crochet panda ever to go with it

Day 21 Awesome yarn it is so soft and pretty, I just have to find the right pattern to make with it

Day 22 Scarves for me and the fiance we both love them!

Day 23 Really cute rainbow bag

Day 24 Awesome hand crafted clock

Stocking stuffers

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011 12:54:14 PM by Gspinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angelicus
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010 07:53:34 AM »

Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Wink Cheesy Smiley Grin

I'm just going to list for now, as its been a pain getting a camera which works/ I know how to work (the one camera I've got access to is all written in German!)

Day 1: A lovely, vibrant pin cushion
Day 2: A pink hat which Laura found at a craft sale
Day 3: A lovely set of pampering things including lush soap, a bath bomb, nail varnish and two hot chocolate sachets
Day 4: Two lovely handmade boxes with an ornament saying 'joy', an owl keyring and a little flower
Day 5: An amazing book about how to (easily!) make your own clothes. I was only thinking just last night that I would love to be able to make my own clothes and now I can Smiley

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010 03:51:58 PM by Angelicus » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesan dstuff.wordpress.co m

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
princessblueberry
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010 05:35:58 PM »

Ok, Here is my spot...

Received today and have swap anxiety big time from just looking at her wrapping job!!!  I cleared off the top of the book shelf next to my couch, so they would be in view but out of the reach of the tiny minions...one of which grabbed the awesome soda bottle apple and declared 'an apple, this is MINE!'...my pie rack is helping display them...

And the extras...

My son grabbed the buttons declaring 'a treat for me!' so that is the purple confetti you see everywhere...and ornament, journal, note pad, gift tags, cherry iorn on transfer, an awesome scarf, rinestone stickers, stickers, a bunch of pendants and more!  Baby girl foot at the bottom and son at the top of picture...

#1...advent calendar

#2...a madona & child box for my advent calendar

my little elf before I opened!
showing off the box...of course my daughter tried to eat it and my son had his screw driver in most of the pictures trying to fix it...

*Sorry for the giant pictures!  These are the only copies and I'm afraid to resize them...lost the originals when the phone deleted before importing to computer and did not want to wait any longer to post pictures...I'll have things to say too with each but this is already my 3rd attempt at posting them...*

My son loves these!!!  They adorn the tree and he ask to play with the aligator every day!!

#11 The box is todays present I just thought it was perfect that I had made the hair clip the day before and it matched perfectly!!! Making the perfect christmas photo of my mom!!!

*Gah! Trying to figure a few things out missing some photos after loosing 2 months worth of photos*

#25 Oh My!  An felt, child safe and totally awesome nativity set!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010 03:16:42 AM by princessblueberry » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
BoyceMachine
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010 02:36:45 AM »

Ok....

here's my lovely calender in a garland form...

Some extras...a CD and some Christmas cards...

Chocolate!!!   Grin

Cupcake rubbers...

A beaded necklace

Soap!

A scrunchy...my hair is very short but I'll find a use for it.

Even more chocolate!!!

Glittery socks - to make a sock monkey

Clotted cream fudge

A bauble

A santa magnet

3 sets of beads

A pin cushion

Feather earrings

A cute stamp

Mini bath bombs

A bracelet

Bath stuff

Earrings

Magnets

Soaps

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010 12:18:30 PM by BoyceMachine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a garden.  Dig it.

www.wists.com/Boycemachine
MiLady
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010 03:08:46 PM »

My little spot!

OK so I opened my parcel of awesomeness today I managed to squeeze it all into 2 photos!
Calendar (how amazing is this):

Parcels (loving all the pink, each tag has a christms fact on it too - I can't help but squish the parcels):

1st December! PINK STOCKING!!!!! And chocolates yum! "People spend an average of 2hours and 27minutes wrapping christmas presents each year" - I'm a proper cheat when it comes to wrapping, anything that looks good with a bow on or fits in a gift bag remains unwrapped hehe!

December 2nd and 3rd 2nd - pin board to keep a track of all my christmas facts (notice the snowflakes eeee) 3rd - christmas cards (from one of my favourite charities I might add - Macmillan)

Facts - The worlds biggest christmas tree was 76ft!
If you received all the gifts in the 12 days of christmas you would get 364 presents!

December 4th and 5th
Alabama was the first state to declare Christmas a national (state) holiday in 1836
Gorgeous soap and photoframe now awaiting photo!

December 6th
Jingle Bells was originally written for Thanksgiving!
Beaaaaaauuuutiful sparkly fingerless mitts that I'm wearing as I type!

December 7th
Ok ok so I cheated a little, it's not quite midnight but I knew I wouldn't have time in the morning and atleast I'm keeping up to date!
Snacks for me and my hamster and a cute action shot of Lily before she smuggled her gnaw away into the depths of her den! This was actually JUST what the doctor ordered too.

Right I'm back on track after 4 consecutive days of 12.5hr shifts wooo, I was so busy aswell!
I can't remember in which order these all came out but I got a little fact for each of them.
8th - More than 1000000 acres of land have been planted with christmas trees
9th - Bing crosby's a white christmas is the best selling christmas song
10th - Hallmark introduced the first christmas cards in 1915 (and now I'm cursing them because I can't remember who I'm supposed to write them too, so I have a pile of 60 infront of me and I'm racking my brains to think who I forgot)
11th - charles dickens wrote a Christmas carol in just 6 weeks
12th - be careful of holly berries, theyre poisoness during the christmas season 1.76 billion candy canes will be made!
13th - 1 in 3 men wait until christmas eve to finish shopping
14th - santa's elves are a modernization of the nature folk of pagan religions
and somehow I seem to have lost 15's number, how I don't know as I've managed to hang on to every other tag!

Pictures:
Christmas wrapping accessories and old cards to make tags which have proven very useful indeed

Beautiful beautiful hand knitted peach scarf and an air freshner for my new car which has now arrived woohooo!

A recipe folder with a recipe for cheesy christmas stars (right up my street!)...held open with my foot for photo purposes

Cup holder and fluffy pink hamster!!! The cup holder came with 2 hot chocs and 2 kit kats and was cleverly packaged in a costa coffee cup, ingenious!

russian doll door stop and fluffy hamster again, love it!

Thought I would update with the rest of my photos

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011 02:05:29 AM by MiLady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010 07:59:00 PM »

Here's my calendar (a surprise one, although so far the numbers are in order).

Day 1 - a poor little gingerbread man ornament!

Day 2 - a super wisty banner for when my husband comes home from the Army for Christmas (for the first time in 5 months).

Day 3 - a precious ornament sweater...with hanger hanger!
Day 4 - some darling gift tags
Day 5 - a wipe-off coloring book for my boys (I let them open this one, so I'm so glad it was for them!)
Day 6 - some fun sparkly green gel icing for cookies & cupcakes

Day 7 - a lovely dish towel

Day 8 - a jar of delicious homemade apple butter
Day 9 - a set of 3 fun Post-It pads

Day 10 - a knitted ornament that my boys are fighting over!

Day 11 - a fun little Tabasco sauce angel

Day 12 - some fantastic Handmade By and From the Kitchen of tags

Day 13 - a bar of great-smelling soap

Day 14 - a jarred candle that smells like vanilla...yum!!!

Day 15 - a fun set of Christmas cupcake wrappers and picks

Day 16 - a sweet stuffed owl ornament

Day 17 - a pretty stretchy bracelet

Day 18 - a fun ornament with my initial

Day 19 - a yummy chocolate bar

Day 20 - a cake "doneness" tester that I've already used and it works great!

Day 21 - yarn in my favorite color

Day 22 - a frying pan ornament

Day 23 - Mini Moon Pies (not all of them made it to this photo!)

Day 24 - Hot Tamales & gummy frogs & various other treats (my husband's and my favorite candies, plus ones my boys loved)

Day 25 - a precious basket with fun cookie cutters in it

« Last Edit: December 28, 2010 10:41:39 PM by nikimac » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
kmac

kmac at art camp

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010 08:58:10 AM »

Pictures to come.
Day 1: jingle bell anklet
Day 2: bead bell ornament
Day 3: blanking on what to call it? Necklace style key chain??
Day 4: scarf
Day 5: incense
Day 6: belt
Day 7: book reading light
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010 03:51:04 PM by kmac » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloanlaw
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010 08:05:47 PM »

Here we go!  I am going to try and make Wednesdays and Saturdays my posting days. (But here are the first couple to get it started!)

My calendar is all magnetic and currently sitting happily on my fridge.

1) a coupon for a free diet coke

2) homemade truffles (I admit I broke into these early.....I had permission from my partner!)

3) earrings and a runner

4) Candied Nuts

5) Gift Tags

6)a wall plaque

7) a star necklace

Cool plastic holly

9) glasses to look at lights

10) a starry crown

11) mini scrapbook

12) coasters

13)hot cocoa mixes
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010 07:28:28 PM by sloanlaw » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Select With the Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Magnetic Lasso Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Polygonal Lasso Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Selection Tool in Flash CS3
How to Set Snapping Options in Flash CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...