A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 Advent Calendar Swap.  (Read 6921 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

J_Kieviet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 04, 2010 09:20:34 PM »

Welcome to the 2010 advent calendar.  The way this will work is that you post ONCE to claim a galley sot, each day during December, you will modify your original post with a new image.  Please avoid any chatter until each swapper has claimed a gallery post, thanks.

Swappers who need to claim gallery spots:)

MIsocci74
kmac
darkladymajesta
stefanieGK
sloanlaw

Links to individual galleries
J_Kieviet http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4273403#msg4273403
Uluru http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4274270#msg4274270
yzzilnoaj http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4275628#msg4275628
zkatom http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4281768#msg4281768
amazin_784 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4281784#msg4281784
purple_girl http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4281835#msg4281835
guadiknight http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4281837#msg4281837
mom2em http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4281902#msg4281902
gatheredthreads http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4282017#msg4282017
jackie k http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4282068#msg4282068
jadore-le-rose http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4282153#msg4282153
gspinn http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4282476#msg4282476
Angelicus http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4283123#msg4283123
princessblueberry http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4284667#msg4284667
Boycemachine http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4284965#msg4284965
MiLady http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4285669#msg4285669
nikimac http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363980.msg4288462#msg4288462
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010 10:59:03 AM by J_Kieviet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
J_Kieviet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010 09:21:40 PM »

My spot:)
I'll add pics once a week, for now I'll keep a list so I don't forget what day was which

the calendar is a brown felt with little pockets with numbers, but the tags are on the pressies, so the calendar gets filled up with trinkets on thursday, as high as my niece can count, that'st how many choices of gifts she has (She just gets one trinket though, unless she counts a few times, she's just learning and skips 5 all the time)
1. set of handmade cards
2. replacement thing for swiffer duster made from fleece
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010 11:06:02 PM by J_Kieviet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
uluru
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010 04:22:10 PM »

My little spot. Smiley

So it's opening time - I can finally break into this super tempting box that has been taunting me for a month! Smiley

Here is the ribbon of adventy fact cards.

Knock knock, who's there? Mary. Mary who? Mary Christmas!

The tradition of hanging stockings over the fireplace derived from Dutch children placing their shoes next to the fireplace on Christmas Eve. Stockings later replaced the shoes.

What do elephants sing at Christmas? No-elephants, No elephants!

Santa has a calculated 31 hours thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west.

Christmas trees such as Douglas Fir and Evergreen are grown in all states of America.

Christmas trees received their first written acknowledgement in Germany in 1531.

Pope Julius I declared Christ's birthday as December 25th sometime during the 4th Century.

Bing Crosby's christmas classic, "White Christmas" is the best-selling Christmas song of all time.

How do cats greet each other at Christmas? A furry merry christmas and a happy mew year.

The abbreviation of Christmas to Xmas partially comes from the greek letter "Chi", the first letter of the word "Christos" meaning Christ.

Poet Clark Moore is credited with naming Santa's reindeer; Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Dancer, Dasher, Donner, Prancer, Vixen, and the most famous reindeer, Rudolph.

Onto the gifts...

DAY ONE
Lovely christmas cards... perfect because I didn't bring enough of my card stuff to uni and have run out. I'll be writing and sending these at the weekend.

DAY TWO
Such pretty christmassy fabric! So cute.

I'm pretty sure it's a mug cosy, but it could be a wrist cuff. Fits my favourite cup very well though!

DAY THREE

Christmassy reading!

DAY FOUR

Felt heart bookmark.

DAY FIVE

Pretty branches and leaves bracelet. So cute - I love it!

DAY SIX

Lovely mini hot water bottle hand warmer!

DAY SEVEN

Cute little button magnets - aren't they adorable! They are currently decorating my radiator.

DAY EIGHT

Noticeboard and cute little button pins.

DAY NINE

Teacup candle.

DAY TEN

Actionshot! Gorgeous Birds nest necklace - so pretty.

DAY ELEVEN

Jewellery kit for making foot jewellery.

DAY TWELVE

Felt tree badge.

DAY THIRTEEN

Racing wind-up spacehoppers. Awesome! They jump so sweetly!

DAY FOURTEEN

Holly felt badge.

DAY FIFTEEN

Felt tree, tree decoration (already up and looking lovely on our tree)

DAY SIXTEEN

Love on toast - tried it for breakfast! Amazed at how well it worked! Smiley

DAY SEVENTEEN

Wallet of tea! I am tea obsessed so this is perfect!

DAY EIGHTEEN

Action shot! Such a gorgeous silver tree necklace! Amazing! I really really love it!

DAY NINETEEN

Pretty glass suncatcher decorations. Since taking the pic, they are painted and on the tree.

DAY TWENTY

Decoupaged M for my name - very cute and the perfect colour for my room! Love it!

DAY TWENTY-ONE

Cookies in a jar - a yummy looking cookie mix! I love baking so this is great.

DAY TWENTY-TWO

A lovely little cosmetic set, notepad, lip gloss, purse, mirror.

DAY TWENTY-THREE

AMAZING caramel sweets - these are so so good!

DAY TWENTY-FOUR

Gorgeous glass star christmas tree decoration - I think I will be keeping this up all year round!

DAY TWENTY-FIVE, CHRISTMAS DAY!

Beautiful, gorgeous, snuggly button tree pillow! I love this so much, it captures my taste perfectly!

Thank you so so much, BoyceMachine, for such an incredible package!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2010 09:56:16 AM by uluru » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY WISTS: http://www.wists.com/uluru

WEB DEISGN PORTFOLIO: www.mariewilkins.co.uk
yzzilnoaj
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010 06:11:59 AM »

I received one of two packaged from pricessblueberry today. I am trying not to pay any attention to the fact that this box is sitting in my house and I can't open the gifts inside it...this is going to be hard.

Anyways, here is my loot...I am happy that she used reusable wrapping (I am trying to be a green gal)

I was told to open a box that had the advent calendar in it.  I found two advent calendar...one for me and one for my little sister.  She also sent me a lovely card with homegrown teas (awesome).

I also received a lot of stickers, a gingerbread ornament and numerous gluten free mixes (picture to be added).

Dec. 1
We opened a box of fruit tea.  The advent card says: 1955 Rosa Parks was arrested for not giving up her seat.  1959 12 nations, including the USA, signed a treaty setting aside Antarctica as a scientific preserve free from military activity.  

Dec. 2
We opened the CUTEST owl purse.  The advent card says: 1969 Boeing 747 jumbo jet debuted.

Dec. 3
We opened some yummy jam today  Smiley.  The advent card says: 1833 Oberlin College in Ohio became the first co-ed institution of higher learning in the USA.   (Here is the gifts all together with the exception of the tea which has already been used)

Dec. 4
We opened what is either a gift bag or a produce bag.  I plan to use it as a gift bag.  The advent calendar card says:Crazy Horse, the Native American Chief, was born in 1849.

Dec. 5
We opened awesome playing cards that have facts about Alaska (where princessblueberry is from).  The advent calendar says: 1901 Walt Disney was born; 1792 George Washington was re-elected president and John Adams vice president.

Dec. 6
We opened cotton yarn.  The advent card says: 345 A.D. St. Nicholas Bishop of Myra, Santa Claus's namesake dies.  She then goes on to say how at her church they leave out shoes and it is filled with goodies.  I wonder are you Orthodox?  Which would be interesting because I am.  In our shoes we get gold coins, cookies and either hay or coal for being naughty.  This one church I know gives all the children an empty stocking and the children must take it home and fill it with gifts.  They then bring it back to church and it is given to a homeless person or a person in need.  

Dec. 7
We opened a fantastic memo/photo holder (at least that is what I think it is).  The advent card says: 1796 John Adams was elected 2nd president.  1836 Martin Van Buren was elected 8th president.  1941 Pearl Harbor was attacked.

Dec. 8
We opened a wonderful homemade journal.  It is hand-bound even  Smiley The advent card says: What Christmas song is it that you can't wait to hear?  Her answer is Louis Armstrong "Zat you Santa Clause."  Mine is Oh Holy Night sung by the Vienna Boy's Choir.  

Dec. 9
We opened a jar of Alaskan cherries.  I am not sure if they are just to eat or like a jam but I guess we'll find out.  Advent card says: 1843 First Christmas cards were created and sold for a shilling.  1965 "A Charlie Brown Christmas" premiered.  

Dec. 10
We opened a pendent that has been on my wist forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so totally in love with this gift and the picture isn't doing it justice.  Angry Thank you so much princessblueberry!  Advent card says: How many gifts would you receive if you received all the gifts in the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas?"  Answer: 364

Dec. 11
we opened a hairband making kit.  Mary is excited to "bling it out" (those were her words).  The Advent card says: Jacob Mohr, the author of the poem Silent Night was born in 1792.

I have been horrible about picture posting recently.  Getting ready for Christmas is taking all my time.

Anyways....

Dec. 12
We opened some tie-dyed material.  I am going to use it at wrapping paper for my bother-in-laws gift...he is a total hippie.  The Advent card says:  If you could be any character in a play about the Nativity, who would you be and why?  I would choose to be the donkey that carried Mary.  I am not Mother Mary material so the next best thing is the being responsible for carrying the Mother of Christ.

Dec. 13
We opened some really great postcards.  The Advent card says: 'O Come, O' Come Emanuel is one of the oldest Christmas cards still sand today.  It is estimated to have been written between 800 & 1200 AD.  The author is unknown.

Dec. 14
We opened AWESOME coasters!  I LOVE them! The Advent card says: Who was the president of the US when the tradition of lighting the White House Christmas Tree was started? Answer: Calvin Coilidge.

Dec. 15
We opened a FANTASTIC duct tape wallet.  Mary went crazy over it.  She altered it a little by adding some red duct tape to the outside.  I can't believe what an awesome job pricessblueberry did on this wallet!  Advent card says:  1791 Virginia become last state to ratify the Bill of Rights, making the first 10 Amendments of the Constitution law.

Dec. 16
Today we opened some Alaskan Cherries.  Advent card says: Antonin Drorak's New World Symphony was premiered by the Philharmonic Society of New York at Carnegie Hall.

Dec. 17
Today we opened very useful craft supplies.  Advent card says: Charles Dickens' classic story "A Christmas Carol" was published in 143.  Who is your favorite character and why?  The main character because he shows us all that there is hope for us all.

Dec. 18
Today we opened a Wonderball that had charms in it.  Mary LOVED this.  Advent card says: Mayflower passengers come ashore at Plymouth Harbor in 1620.  Slavery is abolished in America in 1865.  Chitty, Chitty Bang, Bang opens in New York in 1968.

Dec. 19
Today we opened some what appears to be smoke salmon!  WOW!  We love salmon in this house.  I am going to save it for Christmas morning.  Advent quote says:  much religious music from the church in the 15th century was written in Latin and sung in sober tones.  But in there own circle peasants wrote their own songs, they are some of the most loved carols "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" is a good example.  

Dec. 20
Today we opened a candle.  Advent card says:  What is your favorite Christmas movie?  Why?  It's a Wonderful Life but I am not exactly sure why.

So packed everything up for Christmas...everything made it there but not everything made it home.  For example my camera is not here and Day 21 is not here...it goes on :-(

Dec. 21

Dec. 22
Today we opened a candle.  Advent card says: In the Gift of the Magi the main characters each sacrifice something so they can give to the one they love.  Is it harder to give money, time or things?  I say time because it actually requires something of yourself.

Dec. 23
Today we opened some yummy jam.  Advent card says: Construction begin on Plymouth settlement, on a building that would see settlers through their first year 1620.

Dec. 24
Today we opened..two awesome knit hats.  Advent quote says:  If you lived in the time of Jesus' birth and heard about him, what gift would you bring to the manger?  Why?  I would bring myself and whatever skills I had to offer him.  The gift of yourself is the best gift to give.

Dec. 25
Today I opened an owl apron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Totally AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for a great swap.  As soon as my camera arrives or I receive pictures from my partner I will post pictures.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010 06:34:33 AM by yzzilnoaj » THIS ROCKS   Logged
zkatom
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010 03:31:11 PM »

11/15/10

I received today and Gspinn put in some great extras for me to enjoy now.  Cheesy

The entire package in its box:

My extras to enjoy now/the advent calendar.  Smiley  Mmmmmm, some candy that my husband stole didn't make it into the picture.........

The advent calendar, it is a cookie countdown!  I think each envelope has a Christmas drawing, but I didn't want to ruin the surprise, so I didn't peak too much.  Smiley  I really love the idea!!!!  We LOVE making cookies!

Thanks so much Gpsinn!  I can't wait to start opening........  How many more days do we have to wait?!?!?!

12/1/10

Today's recipe in the cookie countdown is for some tasty looking Earl Grey cookies!  I can't wait to try all these recipes!

I also received a super cute green hat!  Plus, Gspinn made my husband an equally awesome grey hat.  We love them both!!!

12/2/10

Today I received super cute earrings:

12/3/10

Today's gift was an adorable basket:

I'm really loving the cookie countdown.  I can't wait to try all of them.  Choosing which cookies to make for Christmas is going to be very hard.  Cheesy

12/4/10

Today's gift was "Rise and Shine."  I must admit that the last week was pretty stressful and reading a novel sounded perfect, sooooo I have finished it already, lol.  It was really good!  Thanks Gspinn! Cheesy  It was the perfect way to relax this weekend.

The cookie for today was a peanut butter whoopie pie which my husband is very excited to try soon.  Cheesy

12/5/10

Today's gift was a super cute cross stitch kit!  It is Christmas themed of course!  Smiley  I can't wait to work on it.  

12/6/10

Another super cute pair of earrings!  I love the color.  Smiley

12/7/10

A kit to crochet really neat scrubbers!  I will definitely be using these, hmmmm, perhaps I will be making these and the husband will be using them.  Cheesy

12/8/10

Really cute bookmarks!  I always need more bookmarks!

12/9/10

Super awesome wristwarmers (in use right now)!  I really LOVE the yarn.  My craptastic lighting doesn't show off how awesome all the colors are in person.

12/10/10

Awesome picture frame!  We are still trying to pick out a photo for it.  Smiley

12/11/10

Rice heat bag.  This is sooooo nice.  I take it to bed and use it to warm my feet or to put under my neck.  Smiley

12/12/10

Super awesome Beatles box!!!  I love it!!!!!

12/13/10

Smaller rice heat bag.  It is perfect for putting on my eyes at night.  Smiley

12/14/10

Super cute crochet tote!  I know I will be using this a ton!

12/15/10

Beautiful necklace, I love the stones!

12/16/10

Awesome collection of Bath and Body Works soaps, lotions, etc.  I've always wanted some of the lip gloss that was included. It is the kind that makes your lips tingle.  Smiley  Everything smells so nice.  

12/17/10-12/25/10

Shortly after my last post I flew back home for the holidays.  Gspinn let me open the rest of my gifts before I left, but for the life of me I can't remember which gifts were for each day.  She made some really amazing things that I simply love.  I put a lot of them quickly into use and almost forgot to take pictures of them.  It is possible I forgot a couple of things, so I apologize for that.  Gspinn was an awesome partner and I can't thank her enough!  

Here are the pictures in no particular order (please excuse the bad lighting, a lot of the colors aren't shown well in these pictures):

Awesome hat that was in my stocking (I wore it today) Smiley

Super cute amigurumi, one for me (platypus) one for the hubby Smiley  The cats have been trying to play with his though.....

Completely amazing coasters, we are both HUGE Mario fans, these are seriously the coolest

Cute earrings from the stocking

Super pretty ornaments, the colors fit perfect with our Christmas tree

Awesome scarf

Stocking and some ornaments to decorate and nail polish that were in it

Bath balls

Cute dishclothes (always useful!)

Really pretty necklace and earrings from the stocking

More awesome things from the stocking

Super awesome matching scarf and hat, they were different days, but they matched, so I had to put them together.  Smiley  I wore them on my trip home.  They were very warm in VERY cold Michigan!

The actual calendar, Gspinn drew wonderful pictures on all the envelope!  I particularly love the 12 Days of Christmas theme at the end and the two Charlie Brown themed envelopes.  Smiley  I want to do something with all of the pictures, but I'm not sure what yet.....  As mentioned above, each envelope contained a cookie recipe.  I can't wait to try them all!  We made the cinnamon swirls for the family and they were quite the hit, really easy too!

Thanks again Gspinn!  I'm so sorry it took me so long to post pictures.  I hope I have pictures of everything.  Thanks for an amazing swap!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011 07:42:14 PM by zkatom » THIS ROCKS   Logged
amazing_784
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010 03:45:38 PM »

Advent calendar days 1-12:

Days 1 and 2:

GOURD BEAR!! and teddy bear chocolates

I was going to wait to post when I had a whole week, but the gourd bear was just too cool!

My dog was equally excited to open the package as I was.  She kept sticking her nose in the bag!

Day 3: needle-felted coasters

Day 4: gourd decoration w/ porcupine quills

Day 5: gummy bears!  (no pic...they didn't last the day)
Day 6: Reindeer socks (no pic...wore them and now need to do laundry!)

Day 7: beaded cuff bracelet

Day 8: teddy bear cookie cutter
Day 9: nuno felt

Day 10: gourds to decorate
Day 11: teddy bear candle holder and votive candles

Day 12: Chardonnay soda and rhubarb marmalade (good stuff!)

Day 13: handmade paper star tree garland
Day 14: chocolate covered dried cherries (GONE!)
Day 15: red bead necklace and earrings

Day 16: egg salt and pepper shakers Cheesy

Day 17: hand dyed roving

Also included in he last box of goodies was a Christmas ball full of Ghirardelli chocolates, which are also gone!

Day 18: red and black felted scarf for hubby
Day 19: fudge
Day 20: giant hand colored gourd with beanbag and mat

(it cracked in shipping, but I fixed it)

Day 21: fabric bag in hockey print for hubby
Day 22: Christmas fairy

Day 23: fabric bag in teddy bear print for me (seen in day 20's picture)
Day 24: gold glitter ball candle

Finally, Christmas Day: windowpane felted scarf

It's GORGEOUS and long!
crappy closeup of the details:

I LOVE IT!!!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010 12:28:42 PM by amazing_784 - Reason: Day 18-25 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

purple_girl
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010 04:27:10 PM »

1st December:

Woop!! Finally opening time!
What I woke up to this morning - my housemate put it up!!Its all been hidden in his room as im not trusted not to open it all at once apparently  Shocked Grin Grin Grin  (the tree had a present under it, but that was opened too quickly to hang around for a photo!)

I got an amazing craft holder Cheesy Its so awesome, already put to good use! Its great for taking my craft stuff round the house, and holding it neatly in my room, I love it, thank you!!

And the advent calendar, its so beautiful, sorry, our house is so dark it was hard to get a photo that actually shows the awesomeness

And the note thing inside for today was to tidy my craft stash ready for Santa! Good becuase it was long overdue, its just been shoved in my wardrobe since I moved in, its hard to get anything out!
So it went from this.... (+more general mess everywhere!)

To this....

2nd December

A lovely sunny cross stitch hanging Ive put on my pinboard to cheer me up once the snow has melted and its just cold!

3rd December

A  purple bag hanger pin decoration, so cute!

4th December

Awesome purple baubly type earrings, love them!

Sorry, been MIA for a few days! Last week of uni, so everything is pretty hectic! Done all my work, just gotta present it! Packed up all my unopened pressies to take home, except the 25th, but no idea how i am gonna carry it all on the train! Eeek!

5th December

An amazing purply dream hand mirror with a star, its so much fun!

6th December

A cute purple crocheted pin cushion

7th December

Snuggly warm hot water bottle, perfect as my radiator is broke and we still have some snow left over!

8th December

Fun fridge magnets, only photod half of them, the rest are already on our fridge, making it cheerier each time i  go to get food!

Ok, well, my laptop has decided it wont talk to my camera, so photos will have to wait, sorry!!!
Sorry, another delay, home safe, got my bag back after leaving it on the train, ack! And my camera is working again Cheesy

9th December
Awesomely sparkly christmas decorations

10th December
A great shopping list with a board, great to help me remember what I need, I will put it inside my cupboard back at uni

11th December
An awesome purple wristlet bracelet thing, its so beautiful!

12th December
A cute felt notebook

13th December
An awesome fold out shopping bag

14th December
A stamp set - in an amazing wooden box!

15th December
A so cute russian doll making kit, and one fully made!

16th December
Lovely purple crochet coasters

17th December
A purple hat, it actually suits me! Its beautiful but I worried as soon as I put it on it would look silly, as hats seem to on me, but I love it!!

18th December
So cosy purple slippers!!

19th December
A lovely flowery writing set, I write a lot of letters, and left mypenpalling box at uni, so this is perfect!

20th December
An awesome logo santa in a sleigh with rudolph, ive already built it, just now, come in from playing in the snow!

21st December
The cutest ever bookmark!! Helping me in my new years resolution to take more photos

22nd December
An awesome purple necklace, crocheted!!

23rd December
Beautiful crocheted wristlet gloves Smiley

24th December
A so cool headband with a crocheted flower!!

25th December
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The most amazing purple crocheted blanket, it is gorgeous, I love it!!!!!!! Thank you so much Jenn!!!!!!!!!!

Pictures to follow as soon as I can find my camera charger!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011 06:45:28 AM by purple_girl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudiknight
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010 04:28:54 PM »

November 28th
My box came bright and early today.  I'm going to wait on pictures until I can do a little first aid on the advent calendar (nothing serious, just a few fasteners fell off in transit).  But in the meantime I will amuse myself with the giant binder clips and gummies that came as extras.  I'm super excited for December to start so I can dive on in.

December 1st
Got to open the first day of my advent calendar this morning!  I didn't see a package with a "1" on the label, so I'm going to assume the gummies I gobbled as soon as I opened the box were intended for today.  Very yummy.

December 2nd
Mlsocci74 put together a wonderful learn-to-embroider kit with floss, hoop, needles, and a pretty owl.  I apologize for not having a picture of it at the moment, but take my word for it, it is awesome.

December 3rd

A lovely fluffy scarf.  It is soooo soft.

December 4th

The most amazing calendar and notepad holder!  I had just been thinking that morning that I needed to be better at using my calendar next year, to avoid the noise of deadlines as they go wooshing by.

December 5th

Cute little notepad.  The front is flocked, and the papers are printed with the gingerbread man, too.

(I may have things out of order for this week, for which I apologize)

December 6

Zippered pouch.  Already holding my laundry quarters and lucky fava bean.

December 7

Such a pretty necklace.  I wore it for the rest of the week, and it got tons of compliments.

December 8

Notepads of pure awesomeness, with quotes from Firefly and Eddie Izzard

December 9

Bracelet.

December 10

Christmas notecards.  I love the purple!

December 11

Armwarmers made from felted sweater sleeves.  So clever!

December 12

Delicious noms.  

December 13

Gift enclosures

December 14

Necklace.  I've been wearing this constantly, as it seems to go with everything in my wardrobe.  The picture really doesn't do it justice at all.

December 15
Magnets

December 16

Rings

December 17

Calendar

December 18

Key-fob

December 19

Felted nesting bowls

December 20

Doctor Who pocket mirror (very useful)

December 21

Gloves (also useful, as I just lost one of my regular ones)

December 22

Christmas earings

December 23

Hair-sticks

December 24
Ribbon Candy

December 25
(Pictures to come)
Christmas band-aids
Stocking made from a felted sweater
2 cookie recipe booklets
More sprinkles than you could shake a stick at.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2010 05:50:08 PM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mom2em
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010 05:36:34 PM »

Here's everything all together:

I love the bag!  And each day has a little story to go along w/it.  I think I'm going to scrapbook the stories and add embellishments and put them in an album so my dd and I can read them every year at xmas.

And my day 1 gift:

My dd had to hang it on the tree right away.
Day 2: 2 popsicle stick craft kits.  My dd dumped all the pieces out right away so I will try to get a pic of the completed projects.
Day 3: a great little embellished notebook.  I am a big list maker so this is perfect for me.

Day 4: 2 pens made from tree branches.  So cool!
Day 5: Hot chocolate set

Day 6: yummy candy

Day 7: maple syrup and toffees.  Can't wait to try them.

Day 8: adorable matching snowman mittens for me and Emma

Day 9: super cute doll

Day 10: yummy candy on a stick (didn't last long enough to get a pic, lol)
Day 11: cross stitch kit

Day 12: beaver keychain

Day 13: cute cupcake hat

Day 14: a xmas song cd and a tea wallet.  I'm giving my MIL a tea wallet for xmas and I almost decided to keep it for myself since it was so nice so this is great now I have one of my own.

Day 15: there was no gift labeled 15 so I opened 1 of the stocking stuffers.  It was a tin of lotion (I think), smells really nice.
Day 16: matching mother/daughter Christmas aprons.  I've been wanting matching aprons for a long time so I love these!

Day 17:
Day 18: Ornament w/Emma's name on it

Day 19: there were 2 gifts labeled 16 and no 19 so I opened the other 16 today.

Day 20: moving soldier, my dd is loving this

Day 21:
Day 22: wildflower seeds
Day 23: pretty necklace
Day 24: beautiful dress for my dd.  I will get a pic of her wearing it tomorrow.
Day 25: stocking (bag) full of goodies

Thank you so much for all the great gifts!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010 02:50:45 PM by mom2em » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Christine~
Proud SAHM to Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).
http://www.etsy.com/people/mom2em/favorites?ref=pr_faves
http://pinterest.com/mom2em/
gatheredthreads
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010 07:53:18 PM »

First, here is a picture of my lovely advent tote.  It is a drawstring tote, like the one on my wist, BUT each of the patchwork squares is a pocket!  Now I have no excuse for not being organized  Tongue

Thank you Jackie K, and j_kieviet!!

I will post pics of the daily pressies once a week.  For now, a list:

Day 1: a sweet little clamshell pouch, and an olympics pin

Day 2: gingerbread spice tea

Day 3: some sweet 3d art kits for kids, which I shall hide away until boredom sets in over the holidays  Cheesy

Day 4: a penguin ornament, so neat! made out of an egg and a pocket mirror

Day 5: a rose scented soap in a crocheted bag

Day 6: some little (wax?) ornaments

pics so far:

Day 7: mitts/fingerless mittens for me, a cupcake hat for my younger lo (which is so cute!) and a hat for my older lo too.  They all fit perfectly Smiley

This hat has been worn all day long:

And she keeps admiring herself in the mirror:

Day 8:  A christmas apron!!  I've barely begun baking, so this is great Smiley

Day 9: 2 crocheted potholders, nice and big Smiley

Day 10: 2 candy bars (neither of which I have tried before), and some peppermints

Day 11: a cute pinecone ornament with birds

Day 12: a penguin paper lantern craft kit, perfect for today as we are about to be snowed in!

Day 13: a nutcracker ornament.  I love nutcrackers Smiley

Day 14: a crocheted tissue holder, and a snowman soap sponge (which my girls have run off with)

Day 15: an ornament of crocheted bells

Day 16: a crocheted ornament

Day 17: 2 little christmas craft kits

Day 18: a crocheted angel, poinsettia, and candy cane

Day 19: some christmas yarn and crochet hooks

Day 20: a ribbon ornament

Day 21: crocheted wreath ornaments, and potholders

Day 22: a tote bag and some christmas stickers

Day 23: a big crocheted washcloth and some bath soaks

Day 24: a crocheted snowman goodie bag filled with christmas themed bath & body treats

Day 25: a stocking filled with candies, face scrub and crocheted scrubbies, and a drink wallet with goodies inside.

Thank you Jackie K, for everything!!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010 03:36:12 PM by gatheredthreads » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.  ~ Dali
wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Blow Dry Hair Straight
How to Blow Dry Curly Hair
How to Keep Your Hair Silky and Smooth in Humidity
How to Prevent Frizzy Curls in Humidity
How to Take Out Braids
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...