A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
390 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: International Snack Swap 2 (S/U Closed - S/O 26 Nov)  (Read 22567 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PearlyWhirly
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2010 07:36:12 AM »

I've been shopping..I am on the strictest diet in the world (yes great timing for a snack swap..lol) so it was actually fun in a masochistic way to buy a load of sweets, crisps and biscuits (which translates into candy, chips and cookies..for those of you across the pond)

Hope to get the stuff mailed this week!

SNAP!!
the last three times i've been shopping all i've bought is sweets and chocolate - i feel like such a fat girl =p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2010 08:33:28 AM »

its funny isnt it, how you (i) have to explain myself to the cashier..kinda 'I'm not actually going to eat all of this myself'.. I was shopping for treats for three swaps today, so I reckon I spent almost $100 on stuff..Ok there was a cabbage in there too,  but the rest was treats...

lol MandyHello..cabbages make such good snack foods..
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010 08:33:58 AM by edelC » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mandyhello

Cook-Eat-Stitch-Game- in that order :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2010 08:56:12 AM »

its funny isnt it, how you (i) have to explain myself to the cashier..kinda 'I'm not actually going to eat all of this myself'.. I was shopping for treats for three swaps today, so I reckon I spent almost $100 on stuff..Ok there was a cabbage in there too,  but the rest was treats...

lol MandyHello..cabbages make such good snack foods..

haha, I did the same thing!  When I checked out, I was all "yeah this isn't for me..  I'm sending it to Ireland..  I never eat this kind of stuff..  ok, I eat the blessed blessed Combos but nothing else..  and the peachy rings...  and the reeses pieces.." Cheesy

I actually love cabbage Wink  I put country ribs, red sauerkraut, applesauce, onions, and mustard in the crockpot before I left home this morning...  it's gonna be sooooo good at 8 pm when I get off work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
h-chan

<3 Xia Junsu (duck butt) <3

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2010 09:56:26 AM »

I'll be sending out on saturday. I turned in a bunch of recycling and that paid for postage Smiley I just have to wait til then to pick up the money.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eu Kyang Kyang!!!

http://www.wists.com/h-chan
stacysews
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2010 10:18:35 AM »

I actually love cabbage Wink  I put country ribs, red sauerkraut, applesauce, onions, and mustard in the crockpot before I left home this morning...  it's gonna be sooooo good at 8 pm when I get off work!

MMMM, you're making me hungry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2010 11:03:23 AM »

aw if only I had known. I have already cooked half of the cabbage Wink But I would love your recipe it sounds yum. I have a love hate relationship with my crockpot. Love the idea, but everything tastes the same when it comes out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ollieorange
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2010 03:38:39 PM »

Ha! I had fun buying lots of treats! The guy that works at Walgreens knows better than to pass any judgement on me- he used to always comment on what I was buying- one time even making fun of me for not spending much. I made him get his manager so I could complain. He keeps his mouth shut now!

I found the MOST American candy ever today! I can't wait for my partner's reaction. It was pricey, but nothing says USA like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lacey0828
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2010 04:30:39 PM »

Ha! I had fun buying lots of treats! The guy that works at Walgreens knows better than to pass any judgement on me- he used to always comment on what I was buying- one time even making fun of me for not spending much. I made him get his manager so I could complain. He keeps his mouth shut now!

I found the MOST American candy ever today! I can't wait for my partner's reaction. It was pricey, but nothing says USA like it!

Hmmm...being from the US, I'm really trying to figure out what kind of candy it is. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teachart
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2010 04:33:27 PM »

ollieorange- DYING to see what the most American candy you found was! Can I guess? Chocolate covered bald eagle? Now THAT says USA- especially if you got it through a drive-thru window!  Wink

and I hadn't even thought about what sort of look I'll be getting at the check out- thanks everyone for the warning that I should expect some funny looks. At least I have some time to start thinking about excuses!

I did pick up a bag of candy that I'd never seen before today- I had to give it a test run to see if it was good enough to send to PearlyWhirly- and I think it's a winner! (Of course I won't send the half eaten bag!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mandyhello

Cook-Eat-Stitch-Game- in that order :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2010 04:42:17 PM »

is it moon pies?  do moon pies count as candy?!  Chocolate covered dollar bills?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
High Resolution Photography Part 3
How to Use a Tripod
High Resolution Photography Part 2
Stock Photography
Photography and the Green Screen
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...