A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 308,433
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: to poor for couture, to picky for ready to wear...  (Read 2439 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

But it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2010 10:13:37 AM »

So I have been sewing my ass off, because I lost half my ass. After doping 60 pounds I had no clothing, and an extremely hard to fit figure. What is a picky broad that hates the loosy goose shape all clothing seems to have nowadays to do? So I started making a lot more of my own stuff, paying special attention to fit. Here is what I got so far.

body suit and peg top skirt and scarf by me. Oh, and a peg top skirt is a skirt where the top is wider than the hem Cheesy I also did it with french seams, which look amazing and so professional. Ok, enough back patting...

Sheer top by me, high waist shorts by me. I love the star buttons on the butt! There is also a zipper that runs up the whole side.

Hey, Taxi!

V neck crop top by me. These sailor pants kick so much ass. They are REAL navy sailor pants...and were a 38 regular. Ugh. So much cutting and tailoring later I have some indestructible wool wide leg pants. I can't wait to wear them to a gay bar.

giraffe print leggings by me. Only one seam up the middle, got to love that. Also, box tee by me. I'm having a huge tee shirt moment and have a few more just like this.

Well, that is all for now. I have more, but it shall have to wait for another post.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010 06:16:40 PM by zowiewoahie - Reason: grammer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lets all go to Jack Taylor's to celebrate!
Astro Cartography A Go Go

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010 11:53:08 AM »

Oh my god I am so so happy for you! Getting your body to where you love it, and feel good inside your own skin makes sewing, decorating yourself, so much fun-- CONGRATULATIONS ZOWIE!!!

And you have done incredible jobs--sheer talent! I have no idea what french seams are but they sound fancy and hard and you knocked them out!

Pat your back until your arms hurt!

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010 04:28:42 PM »

wow everything looks amazing ! great work I cant wait to see more form you  Cheesy

But it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010 06:15:29 PM »

aww, thanks guys! I will have to make a tute for the french seams. They are a lifesaver when you are working with fabric that likes to fray, or you don't want the bulk of a lining. It encases the raw edge in a seam, giving you a nice clean edge.

Lets all go to Jack Taylor's to celebrate!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010 10:39:26 AM »

You look great. The clothes are fantastic.

Sewing machines: Universal KAB, Kenmore 150 385.19150090, Brother XL-3125, Brother LS-2000

Combo sewing and embroidery machine: Brother SE270D

Sergers: Sergemate Companion 5040, Simplicity Serge Pro
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010 12:30:00 PM »

Congrats! I love everything about the final picture. Head to toe, I would wear that outfit. Great work!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010 09:19:30 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog, DIY, Style, Tutorials and Inspiration
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010 04:34:40 PM »

Congrats on losing so much weight--you look fabulous in your photos!  Love the clothes! : )
I adore your thread title--that describes perfectly how I feel about clothing as well, and is why I am learning how to make my own clothes too. 
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010 10:58:17 PM »

love that sheer shirt, girl.

and if i ran into you at a gay bar in those sailor pants id wag my finger, shout out "wheeeeerk", and let you buy me a drink.  Grin

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Sew Candy Costume
Awww, nuts...
Countdown to Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...