A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,031
Currently Running With Scissors:
437 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: to poor for couture, to picky for ready to wear...  (Read 2005 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zowiewoahie

But it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2010 10:13:37 AM »

So I have been sewing my ass off, because I lost half my ass. After doping 60 pounds I had no clothing, and an extremely hard to fit figure. What is a picky broad that hates the loosy goose shape all clothing seems to have nowadays to do? So I started making a lot more of my own stuff, paying special attention to fit. Here is what I got so far.

body suit and peg top skirt and scarf by me. Oh, and a peg top skirt is a skirt where the top is wider than the hem Cheesy I also did it with french seams, which look amazing and so professional. Ok, enough back patting...

Sheer top by me, high waist shorts by me. I love the star buttons on the butt! There is also a zipper that runs up the whole side.

Hey, Taxi!

V neck crop top by me. These sailor pants kick so much ass. They are REAL navy sailor pants...and were a 38 regular. Ugh. So much cutting and tailoring later I have some indestructible wool wide leg pants. I can't wait to wear them to a gay bar.

giraffe print leggings by me. Only one seam up the middle, got to love that. Also, box tee by me. I'm having a huge tee shirt moment and have a few more just like this.

Well, that is all for now. I have more, but it shall have to wait for another post.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010 06:16:40 PM by zowiewoahie - Reason: grammer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lets all go to Jack Taylor's to celebrate!
kilgore_trout
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010 11:53:08 AM »

Oh my god I am so so happy for you! Getting your body to where you love it, and feel good inside your own skin makes sewing, decorating yourself, so much fun-- CONGRATULATIONS ZOWIE!!!

And you have done incredible jobs--sheer talent! I have no idea what french seams are but they sound fancy and hard and you knocked them out!

Pat your back until your arms hurt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010 04:28:42 PM »

wow everything looks amazing ! great work I cant wait to see more form you  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zowiewoahie

But it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010 06:15:29 PM »

aww, thanks guys! I will have to make a tute for the french seams. They are a lifesaver when you are working with fabric that likes to fray, or you don't want the bulk of a lining. It encases the raw edge in a seam, giving you a nice clean edge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lets all go to Jack Taylor's to celebrate!
purefairydust
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010 10:39:26 AM »

You look great. The clothes are fantastic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewing machines: Universal KAB, Kenmore 150 385.19150090, Brother XL-3125, Brother LS-2000

Combo sewing and embroidery machine: Brother SE270D

Sergers: Sergemate Companion 5040, Simplicity Serge Pro
TeresaDoesIt
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010 12:30:00 PM »

Congrats! I love everything about the final picture. Head to toe, I would wear that outfit. Great work!
-Teresa
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010 09:19:30 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teresa
Blog, DIY, Style, Tutorials and Inspiration
TeresaDoesIt.com
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall
sieren
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010 04:34:40 PM »

Congrats on losing so much weight--you look fabulous in your photos!  Love the clothes! : )
I adore your thread title--that describes perfectly how I feel about clothing as well, and is why I am learning how to make my own clothes too. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Geaux
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010 10:58:17 PM »

love that sheer shirt, girl.

and if i ran into you at a gay bar in those sailor pants id wag my finger, shout out "wheeeeerk", and let you buy me a drink.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geaux.etsy.com

preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'alexdavidpalmer.tumblr.com')
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Roasted Potatoes
How to Cook Fresh Green Beans
How to Cook Pork Tenderloin
How to Tailgate
Learn How To Create The Perfect Pancake
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...