A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Def. Vvvombie - (n) zombie victim of a vampire bite (+ vampire victim tutorial)  (Read 11609 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skarinja
« on: November 03, 2010 01:17:00 AM »

For one of my Halloween costumes this year I decided to be a Vvvombie, a zombie that has been bitten by a vampire, and is now in the transformation process of becoming some hybrid monster that wants BRAAAAAINS, but is still an elegant, blood-thirsty member of high-life vampire society. My costume basically entailed a bloody shirt, a gray body, zombie eyes, chest scratches, neck vampire bites and wrist Twilight-like jaw imprints.

I bought a white tank top from H&M for $5 and cut it in to a crop top. I coated it with some fake blood that I mixed up (white corn syrup, red food dye, chocolate sauce) and let it dry for a day. I made sure to have some handprints from the attack, and blood on the neckline where I got bitten.

For the body/face painting, I did a sloppy base layer to get the undead, smudgy color with some light gray body paint. I then did the eyes with a combo of black, purple, pink, and red eye shadow, face paint and eyeliner. I outlined the nose with smudged black lines and went over the eyebrows in black. I also used liquid eyeliner to paint cracks. I put a little concealer on my lips and then a touch of coagulate blood dripping down from the nose. I used liquid latex and "Creepy Skin" to make fingernail scratches on my neck/chest that I then defined with some brown, black and red face paint as well as some coagulate blood.

For the vampire victim parts, I did two fang punctures on my neck and a big ol' wrist bite (with both top and bottom jaw imprints on either side of the wrist), and a hand bite. For both, I first used blue eyeliner to go over my veins and make them darker in the "affected" area.

For the fang punctures, I rolled out some creepy skin between my fingers, arranged it in a TINY doughnut shape, then used a flat edged tool to spread it onto my neck. I put some black face paint on the inside of the dougnut (the puncture site), painted bruising all around (yellow, brown, red, green face paint) by barely dabbing my fingers in color and kind of spreading it roughly, and then dripped some coagulate blood down it.

For the wrist bites, I used about 5 layers of liquid latex in a rough mouth shape. The rougher, the better, because it'll be a little teethier. I then painted it with black on the inside and brown on the outside to create a fake gradient of depth intensity where the teeth would have penetrated it. I then put bruising all around with the same colors/technique above, and then dabbed on some coagulate blood. The key for this one is making it darkkkkk.

Some action shots just for fun:

I miss HalloWEEK already!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010 01:21:55 AM by skarinja » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog pleats n' eats!!

http://pleatsneats.tumblr.com/
xxhorrorsh0w
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010 06:35:47 AM »

Awesome bitemarks!!! I'll need to try it sometime...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Strawberry Mousse in a Jar
How to Make Your Own Lemon Sorbet
Glazed Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
Plate Lab: Korean Shaved Ice, Constructed
How to Make a Fruit Salad in a Watermelon Shark
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...