A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,723
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Leeloo Dallas, Multipass...MUL-TI-PASS  (Read 21182 times)
Tags for this thread: costume , craft_challenge_56_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

geniebueller
« on: November 02, 2010 09:28:00 PM »

So after much internal debate, I decided to be Leeloo from Fifth Element (one of the greatest movies of all time!).
I struggled with the idea of wearing skin tight pants and bearing my midriff, but I just had to do it!

Me and my friend who bravely dressed as Zardoz.  He made his costume too, and I think he did a pretty badass job of it.  (If you don't know Zardoz, check it out at your own risk.  Thankfully, I love Sean Connery enough to not think less of him after watching the movie.)

I found another Leeloo downtown!

I made the suspenders using Jia Jem's wonderful tutorial.  You can find it at http://jiajem.com/suspenders.html   Let me just say that working with liquid silicone is stress inducing!!!  Here are some progress shots of the suspender construction:

It was interesting trying to figure out how to best fuse the seams, but I think my tangled mass of suspender/mould worked out just fine. (I wish the suspenders looked as orange in person as they did in pictures that I took with my phone)

The pants I sewed using fabric purchased from www.spandexworld.com (for all your spandex needs)
I painstakingly sewed the black stripes by hand.  The stripes are 1/4 inch black elastic.  It took about six hours to sew the two vertical stripes on the front because the elastic and spandex stretched at different rates, so the pants had to be held taut the entire time.  I didn't sew the back stripes due to time (and sanity) contraints, and the four horizontal stripes were actually just sewed as loops, pulled onto the legs and tacked into place rather than entirely sewed on. I just sewed 2 inch black elastic as the waist band instead of purchasing a belt. 
The wig is a cosplay wig that was midback length and trimmed to the shoulders.  I couldn't do the twisties in the hair because it made the tracks visible.   Embarrassed
My dad made me an amazing Multipass and a stencil for the elements tattoo. 
The shirt was just a purchased shirt which I cropped.
The costume still needs some perfecting, but I think all the hard work and panic attacks paid off. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cadet120433
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010 10:48:04 PM »

this is so cool!! love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

October Crafty Inspirations! I made it!http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=361238.0
BonEsInspired
BonesInspired

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010 11:09:41 PM »

Whoa! We saw the suspenders the other day made of what we believed were sham wows Grin This is amazing though! wicked costumes and awesome work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010 01:36:37 AM »

You look great, I never thought about how much work you need to make this costume well. The other Leeloo looks like an easier costume, but you'd have to movce around very carefully! Love Zardoz too, he looks just as hilarious as Sean Connery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

putingtikbalang
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010 01:50:43 AM »

awesome work with the suspenders!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~
http://the-hobby-horse.blogspot.com
A crafter and kitcheneer from Manila documents her exploits, experiments, and explosions.
zaluly
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010 09:55:05 AM »

Love this! The 5th Element is one of those movies I can watch anytime..and I'm only a little embarassed to tell you I saw Zardoz (on a date!) at a movie theater back in the 70's..great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DeathToLems
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010 12:34:42 PM »

cor! that looks tight! awesome costume though. LOVE fifth element! my fave film of all time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kholbert
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010 03:45:15 PM »

How funny! We had a Leeloo at a Halloween party I went to-- I never knew it was so popular! Her suspenders were duct tape though, not nearly as neato as yours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
graverobbergirl
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010 04:26:17 PM »

AWESOME! And so spot on accurate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010 10:07:01 PM »

Oh my gosh YES! One of my favorite movies ever, I've always wanted to dress up as LeeLoo! She is so awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Helene Cooper Talks About The House at Sugar Beach
Meet Author J.A. Jance
Marla Frazee Talks About All The World
Lisa Wheeler and Mark Siegel Talks About Boogie Knights
Dia Reeves Talks About Bleeding Violet
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...