A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TRUE BLOOD Sookie and Bill costumes! (pic heavy)  (Read 7239 times)
Tags for this thread: true_blood , sookie , halloween_costume , tv_show , craft_challenge_56_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

karin_

Swedish craftster!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 02, 2010 02:32:21 AM »

You might think that I'm a year late, but I got this idea in my head and couldn't get rid of it, so it had to be... Sookie Stackhouse and Bill Compton for Halloween! The silly thing is that I have brown, chin length hair and my boyfriend's hair is reddish blonde and very short... So these fairly simple costumes became a lot more complicated than they could have been!  Roll Eyes

This is me in my brand new blonde wig! This was the most Sookie-like style I could find. I sewed the apron myself, and customized the t-shirt to fit Sookie's Merlotte's uniform. I did change one thing in the costume: Short shorts might work well in southern USA, but in Sweden at the end of October it's just not an option! Black trousers worked well with my black and white sneakers.

Some close ups of the apron and t-shirt. I sewed the apron from scratch out of green broadcloth, it has a pocket on the front and the Merlotte's logo was made using a printable fabric sheet and appliqued to the front of the apron. The t-shirt is customized with another printed Merlotte's logo.

On to Bill... One of the good things about this costume is that you can wear pretty much normal clothes. I did the make up for this one, using a regular concealer, some white and black Halloween makeup, a red lip liner and of course some fake blood (the same used on on my neck).  The most time consuming thing about this was the wig. We couldn't find a perfect Bill hairstyle, so we bought a wig with much longer hair, and I had to cut it to style. The first pic shows the original wig (called "Liam", I'm guessing after the Oasis singer) and the second one is after the haircut.

We also made a couple of Tru:Blood bottles using Bacardi Breezer Watermelon. Just stuck them in hot water to peel of the labels, printed labels we found online, and attached them using my Xyron Create-A-Sticker! This is the result:

Bill having a drink:

Bill having another drink:

And this shot shows the retractable plastic fangs in all their glory (please excuse the adorable goofy facial expression! Kiss):

If anyone's interested in making their own Sookie costume for next year, here are the images I used for her outfit. The first one is for the T-shirt, and the second is for the apron. I used printable fabric sheets, but you could easily use iron-on sheets too. They'd just be a little less long lasting.

That's it! Whew! Sorry about all the pics, but this is the first time I've had anything to show for a challenge so I'm very excited!  Tongue I would love to hear your comments!!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010 01:21:02 PM by karin_ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog
My wist
would love to do a personal swap/atc swap! pm me Smiley
Avian Flight
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010 10:29:12 AM »

Awesome! I absolutely love it. I never thought to be them (even though I love true blood) because I'm Chinese! It wouldn't have worked well. Haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
karin_

Swedish craftster!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010 02:20:17 PM »

Thanks, Avian Flight! Smiley Would love to see a Chinese version of Sookie for next year!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog
My wist
would love to do a personal swap/atc swap! pm me Smiley
Woodlyn
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010 07:22:14 PM »

Wow, you guys look just like the actors! Great job on the costumes Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vermiciousknid
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010 09:30:55 AM »

These are the best Sookie/Bill costumes I've seen! Kudos!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zuliblu
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010 04:17:29 PM »

Perfection, could you read minds too??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Cook the Shrimp and Beurre Fondue Sauce
Learn how to Make Grits for Shrimp and Grits
Learn how to Make Shrimp and Grits
Learn how to Plate the Chicken Breasts with Grits and Orange Remoulade
Learn how to Prepare Grain Mustard Orange Remoulade
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...