A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cool places in Montreal?  (Read 4623 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftyfingers

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005 09:01:25 PM »

holy shyt! PopMontreal is exactly what I was hoping for.Thanks you so much! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gink
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005 05:02:59 AM »

glad to help  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beadbakery
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005 09:36:58 AM »

Does anyone know if there is any good places that sell beads?  I'm going to Montreal at the end of the month because my boyfriend wants to go to some big car show (and I would love not to have to go to that!!) So as you can imagine any suggestions would be much appreiated!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zanti MissKnit

Formerly known as AndreaLH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005 09:45:20 AM »

There is a vegetarian buffet restaurant there, the name of which I cannot remember,  but it was some of the best food I've ever eaten!  It was really expen$ive though.  Really, really expensive.

Boreale beer is really really tasty.  I wish we could find it here.

There's a bar on St. Denis as you go uphill that shows horror movies on Sunday nights.  I can't recall the name but it is a little hole-in-the-wall punk bar.  Oh, and the admission is free.

When I was there last July I saw Evil Dead: The Musical.  It was brilliant.

Brush up on your French as well:  although most people do speak English fluently, everyone will greet you in French, and it just seems polite to speak the language.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gink
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005 03:56:30 PM »

There is a vegetarian buffet restaurant there, the name of which I cannot remember,  but it was some of the best food I've ever eaten!  It was really expen$ive though.  Really, really expensive.

That's The Commonsal. I actually don't like their food at all, and it is really expensive. It's by the weight, and they use glass plates, so you're actually also paying for the plate! Not to mention the fact that they're a chain and arn't reknown for treating their employees well. I would just go to Aux Vives on St Laurent instead. Much, much better food, and it's vegan!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

multi anni fa
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2005 04:09:15 PM »

i just went to montreal .... it was amazing ... j'aime cette ville ... any way on ... i think ... rue mont royal ... there are really cool vintage shops .... we got  there and they were all closed but they seemed cool ... also on rue saint denis there are many great resturants and also the way cool hotel we stayed at ... the all suite vip loft ... it was soo cool ... check it out...

bon voyage
au revoir

love, jes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[to a reluctant witness]
Detective Lennie Briscoe: There's no such thing as hooker-client confidentiality.
allie-loki
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005 04:21:49 PM »

Yeh, I'm not a big fan of commensal either. The food is fine but sometimes it feels dry from having sat there too long. There are 2-3 dishes there that i LOVE though. I only go when I have to (if I'm with friends and they decide to go) and usually I get a small plate and just pack it all up because then I don't spend at much on the actual plate. Better yet is to get the stuff to go.

Les Vivres, however, is absolutely fantastic. The coconut bacon sandwich is so fantastic. Actually they all are. I have a friend who works there and he always makes me sandwiches extra special... man I miss being able to drop by to see him whenever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zanti MissKnit

Formerly known as AndreaLH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2005 04:27:57 PM »

I would just go to Aux Vives on St Laurent instead. Much, much better food, and it's vegan!

Thank you for the tip!  The next time I plan to go to Montreal I will look up this thread.

Andrea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftyfingers

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2005 04:55:44 AM »

Jes, I'm so glad you recommended the suite vip loft ... that's where I was planning to stay. It looked fantastic in pictures, but you never know. I feel more comfotable about booking a room there now, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
multi anni fa
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2005 01:01:26 PM »

wow i can't believe you were going to stay there, too.  that's soo funny...  anyway ... our room was awsome and the people that work there are so nice ... especially the guy at the frunt desk with the really hot french candian accent ... look in the guest book  ... if you see jessica and kathryn from nyc that me and my friend ... have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[to a reluctant witness]
Detective Lennie Briscoe: There's no such thing as hooker-client confidentiality.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
April 2014 Man of Style: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Mix Unpredictable Pieces for the Perfect Look
How to Style a Pleated Skirt
How to Wear an Oversized Blazer
8 Perfect Outfits from Taylor Swift in NY
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...