A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 81
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 44 Discussion thread!  (Read 54576 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #540 on: November 21, 2010 07:53:52 AM »

That's so cool, racky!  I hope my children are both crafty... Q is, he wants to be a "painting artist" when he grows up (he informed us this morning that he doesn't want to go to college and he wants to live with us while doing so, lol).  My mom is crafty and I loved having a crafty mom, all of my birthday parties growing up involved doing a craft, my favorite was the year we made gingerbread houses (everyone made their own and then took them home, some of my friends parents still have theirs, almost 20 years later)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: November 21, 2010 08:14:34 AM »

I loved having crafty birthday parties when my girls were little. I'll bet Q will be a great "painting artist"! How can he help it with all his crafty background.  Smiley

I just added a couple of cross stitched designs in my shop: a row of rabbits and a sweet Santa, each for the low, low price of one point:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #542 on: November 21, 2010 08:49:38 AM »

The manager at Michaels who knows me by name (I'm in there way too often) wasn't in today so I asked one of the other employees if a particular yarn matched my hair. For some reason, she looked at me as if I had lost my mind.  Shocked

The manager would have just grinned and helped me find a better shade. LOL

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #543 on: November 21, 2010 09:34:01 AM »

Wow Racky!  SOOO great that both your daughters are crafty.  Ah, that zine...thought I recognized the handwriting!  Smiley
P.S. My mom is oohing and aahing over the pic you did of Lana.  I better check her bags when she leaves!

Doorbusters are literally that!  People have died at these events.  Sad.

I think some places are trying to get a jump on all that and doing sales beforehand.  I myself just stumbled upon a great sale at ACMoore today....most of their toys were 50% off.  Score!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #544 on: November 21, 2010 09:48:54 AM »

*shudder*
black friday shopping :/

I am looking on ebay for cheap finding for jewelry (chain, jump rings, etc). Any of Ya'll have a favorite seller?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
LaughingLark
« Reply #545 on: November 21, 2010 10:38:46 AM »

The manager at Michaels who knows me by name (I'm in there way too often) wasn't in today so I asked one of the other employees if a particular yarn matched my hair. For some reason, she looked at me as if I had lost my mind.  Shocked

The manager would have just grinned and helped me find a better shade. LOL

Cheesy

Did you tell her you needed it for a beard?   Wink

I hate shopping in malls or brick and mortar stores. I'm a bit introverted and pushy crowds just stress me out. I do most of my shopping over the internet in my jammies. Usually the bigger department stores like Kohl's or Penney's have online "screenbusters" on black friday that only last a few hours, or until supplies run out. Those work out well enough for me, and I'm always awake at 5:00 AM anyhow. Cold weather hustle and bustle and rude people early in the morning? No thanks. I'll have my French Roast and click my mouse in my quiet house instead.

Pseudo--"Black Friday" is always the day after Thanksgiving in the US. It's the day that retailers are supposed to make the most profit, or bring their ledgers out of the red and into the black. It's a crazy day to shop, but you can find great bargains. It can be an ugly spectacle, though. People can get into fist-fights over a toy or piece of electronic equipment.

Us crafters are lucky; we don't need to venture out into the fray as much, if at all.  Cool

Still deciding what my black friday sale/items are going to be. It's fun to think about. I do need more points, though.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

guacaMolly
« Reply #546 on: November 21, 2010 10:51:38 AM »

Maybe those of us who can't participate in Black Friday (the grandma's house I'm going to be at doesn't have a computer, much less dial-up  Tongue) could have a Cyber Monday!!  Cheesy

Wait, will we still be able to do claims on the 29th??
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010 10:52:16 AM by guacaMolly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: November 21, 2010 11:33:10 AM »

I think I may work on carding some special batts for Black Friday, if there's any interest? Little man is asleep right now--I should be taking advantage of this time for crafty things! (Though there is a load of laundry [or two...] that I could be doing...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #548 on: November 21, 2010 12:18:48 PM »

Oooh.  Carded batts would be awesome lapoli Cheesy

I'm done with my secret santa swap, and I'm feeling a little lost without any fun projects to work on...so this is perfect!  I can start working on some special items for black friday.

And guacaMolly, I love the idea of cyber monday sales as well Smiley 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
calluna
« Reply #549 on: November 21, 2010 12:28:57 PM »

Speaking of the insanity of holiday shopping, another good reason to run some STS sales around Black Friday is to get most gift-items shipped out well before the holiday rush!  Not just so they arrive on time, but so that we can avoid the awful post office lines as December 23rd (the very last day to ship something with ANY chance of it arriving before Christmas) gets closer.  Smiley
I will try to get some new holiday goodies into my shop by Thursday for the "doorbusters", but I'm mainly hoping to clearance out what I already have in there.  Smiley Then I can work on crafting a new inventory through December.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 81 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Incredible Sculptures Made Out of Butter
Mattia Trotta Transform Metal Wires Into Art
Meet Burning Man Sculpture Artist Marco Cochrane
Hong String Project 1
String Tongue I_single Channel Video_performance_2000.Wmv
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...