A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,571
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 45 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: November 2010 Birthday Swap Lists  (Read 4568 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: November 01, 2010 02:24:44 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. REALLY.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363474.0

Swap name: November 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Troublet
Sign-up date range:  Novembeber 1-30
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
 This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363474.0

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363474.0  Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. *New Rule* If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put November Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications.
The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your pm's like this, I'll love you forever.  

Format for PM's:

Proper label:
"November Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by November 14
MareMare to kittykill--handmade soap and lotion

Outstanding claims allowed:

FOC's: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:
--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items
--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen
--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.
--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):

Name of swap-  November 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=360919.0
  Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- November 2010 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363474.0

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds

October Birthday Swap Discussion and Gallery
October Birthday Swap Lists
September Birthday Swap Discussion and Gallery
August Birthday Swap Discussion and Gallery

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010 04:26:58 PM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010 04:20:26 PM »

Birthday Swappers
(claims made/claims in transit/claims received)

cadet120433 - Nov 1 - (0/0/1) - 3 gifts received
emilyjp - Nov. 2 - (0/0/1) - 2 gifts received
kimchery - Nov. 9 - (0/0/3) - 2 gifts received
Ceemonster FOC - Nov. 9 - (0/0/3) -3 gifts received
Riechan - Nov. 9 - (0/0/1) - 2 gifts received
bkrenning4 FOC - Nov. 11 - (0/0/2) - 1 gift coming, 1 gift received
penelopewaits FOC - Nov. 15 (0/0/1) - 2 gifts received
Dizzerspinninround - Nov. 17 - (0/0/3) -3 gifts received
bhean - Nov. 22 - (0/0/1) - 1 gift coming
justaddcats FOC - Nov. 22 - (0/0/1) - 1 gift recieved
YumJello01 FOC - Nov. 25 - (0/0/3) -4 gifts received
edenkitty - FOC - Nov. 25 - (0/1/1)1 gift received
pikaboo26 - *First Time Swapper!* Smiley - Nov. 26 - (1/0/0) - 2 gifts coming
bellyjewel - FOC - Nov. 29 - (0/0/2) - 2 gifts received
princessblueberry - Nov. 30 - (0/0/3) - 1 gift recieved, 1 gift coming

Non Birthday Swappers

Troublet - (0/0/1)
RhymeswOrange - (0/0/3)

Sent

Received
Sending late w/ communication
Contact Organizer asap

Claims made

Send by Nov. 15
penelopewaits to YumJello01 for cross stitch kit
bkrenning4 to YumJello01 for a birthday surprise

Send by Nov. 16
Ceemonster to DizzerSpinninRound for a steampunk headband
YumJello01 to DizzerSpinninRound for a mustache necklace and jewelry related presents
edenkitty to Ceemonster for a wisty surprise

Send by Nov. 17
bkrenning04 to justaddcats for some wall art
bellyjewel to ceemonser for a netbook sleeve/cover
emilyjp to bkrenning4 for a spa towel wrap
cadet120433 to bkrenning4 for her wist inspired bracelet
DizzerSpinninRound to Ceemonster for wisty surprises
pikaboo26 to Justaddcats for a medium-sized B-day kit

Send by Nov. 18
ceemonster to edenkitty for a wisty surprise
YumJello01 to pikaboo26 for fabrics and something small and Dark Tower related

Send by Nov. 19
RhymeswOrange to penelopewaits for a fox scarf

justaddcats to penelopewaits for an embroidery in a hoop

Send by Nov. 20
RhymeswOrange to bellyjewel for a crocheted lalaloopsy doll

Send by Nov. 21
Reichan to Bellyjewel for something lolita
bhean to Reichan for Steampunk whimsies

Send by Nov. 22
DizzerSpinninRound to justaddcats for knit slippers

Send by Nov. 23
kimchery to DizzerSpinninRound for her s'mores charm bracelet

Send by Nov. 29
princessblueberry to cadet120433 for a wists inspired Kitchen surprise

ceemonster to Kimchery for a small box to keep jewelry in and magnets

Send by Nov. 30
YumJello01 to Emilyjp for a bottle cap magnet making kit

Send by Dec. 1
edenkitty to Princess BlueBerry for a Birthday survival kit
princessblueberry to bhean for a wisty inspired steampunk necklace

bellyjewel to pikaboo26 for writing/reading accessories

Send by Dec. 4
RhymeswOrange to Princessblueberry for Jesus, Mary and Joseph for her nativity

Send by Dec. 9
RhymeswOrange to Emilyjp for a wisty wallet

Send by Dec. 10
DizzerSpinninRound to Kimchery ATCs and a set of crochet rose pins

Send by Dec. 11
Troublet to Reichan for a birthday surprise

Send by Dec. 13
princessblueberry to YumJello01 for soap and papers

Send by Dec. 14
kimchry to yumjello01 for notecards and other surprises

kimchry to cadet120433 for some scattered wisty surprises
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011 06:28:15 PM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
YumJello01

Cats make for furry crafts

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010 04:51:38 PM »

Happy Birthday fellow Valentine's Day love babies.   Grin

My name is Jessica, and I’m turning 27 on Thanksgiving this year!  I live in New York City, but I’m from West Virginia originally.  One word to describe me is “comfortable”.  I am girly – I love pink and I read Twilight and watch The Vampire Diaries, but I’m also vulgar, and sarcastic as hell.  I can’t knit, crochet, or sew, so if you can please make me something awesome that I can’t make myself!  My boyfriend John and I live together with our 3 cats in an apartment where a zombie Jesus piñata hangs in our living room corner, and a wall full of bookshelves is filled with all sorts of horror movies, from the really good to the really bad.  I’m a big fan of anything quirky, I love musicals, and I rue the day Veronica Mars was canceled!  I love zombies, Adult Swim, books and MUSIC and whimsies!
I'm only allergic to metal in piercings, so no earrings but necklaces and rings are welcome!

Birthday wishes

Crafts

- Anything from my wist would make me swoon!  http://www.wists.com/yumjello01
- Or anything inspired by my wist, or any awesome surprise you think I might like!
- Some sort of gift wrap organizer (for until the glorious day when I can have my own crafting/wrapping room)
- Home-made soap/bath bombs/bath salts - scents I like: vanilla, baking/dessert type scents, pumpkin, spice, mulberry, RICH scents - PLEASE NO COCONUT (blech) OR BEACHY/super flowery scents
- Plushies/Amigurumis - Anything really, zombies, mythical creatures, etc.
- I would LOVE your Artwork or embroidered hoops for our walls!
- This goes with the above request for artwork but I would REALLY love a triptych, in possible zombie or bird theme?
- Hand-made stamps
- Notecards
- Brain Slugs - Ami, stuffie, poly clay - any medium welcome in our collection!
- a set of etched glasses in any theme you think I'd like
- fluffy winter socks (I have icicle feet.  It's sad.) Women's size 10
- **Big ridiculous wish** a reconstructed t-shirt hoodie.  If only I could sew...PM for sizes http://whatthecraft.com/how-to-attach-a-hood-photo-tutorial/
- matching vendor aprons for my sister and I for her upcoming craft fair, the little ones with multiple pockets for money and stuff?  something like this, I guess: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=312072.msg3606846#msg3606846 that covers your full front- PM for sizes
- *NEW* GIR or Invader Zim oven mitt
- *NEW* Ceiling fan pulls in a cool theme
- *NEW* Anything TEAM COCO

Kits
- Learn to Crochet kit
- Learn to make stamps kit
- Cross stitch starter kit Thanks penelopewaits!

Supplies
- Fun paper/images/postcards/maps/etc - I'm PRETTY sure my only gift from the boyfriend this year is gonna be a button press, so anything you think would make an awesome button!
- Embossing Plates for Poly clay
- Jewelry Findings in silver or gunmetal
- Ring Blanks
- Bezels
- Bails
- Beads of any kind
- Whimsies
- Craft punches
- Silver pendant blanks like these: http://www.amazon.com/Sterling-Silver-Blanks-Circle-Pendants/dp/B002OU1A5I/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2IKWUPZQ3RDVF&colid=16RGSPYLWFOF
- *NEW* Hoops, frames for what I hope to be LOTS of awesome new cross stitch samplers created by me.  Grin
- *NEW* Ribbon
- *NEW* Largish bits of felt to finish the backs of hoops
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010 12:02:24 PM by YumJello01 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for book page paper flowers for my sister's wedding!  Will do personal swaps/swaps for supplies (available listed here) Thanks!

http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/
penelopewaits

mama. crafter. nerd. feminist. gardener. lezzer.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010 05:35:08 PM »

hello lovelies! <3

my name is essie, and i'm from melbourne, australia.
i study psychology part time and i love learning about people and how they work (socially, emotionally and physiologically).
my style is vintage/woodland/cottage/floral/girly.
i love natural materials, earthy colours - dusty rose pink, sage green, earthy browns, creams, dark purples and blues.
i love animals, and i have three cats and a dog. if i could i'd have a pig, a goat, some chickens, and some rabbits too Smiley
i collect vintage teacups, and love all things tea-related.
i view my tumblr as a kind of 'lookbook' for my personal taste, and if you want to know what i like, that's a pretty good place to start. i also have a wist and a blog. they're all linked in my signature, so feel free to visit and look around!
motifs i love are: hearts, foxes, lace, deer, rabbits, cats, teacups & roses.

crafts
an amigurumi toy of something i love (teacup, fox, etc)
a garland/bunting (fabric, paper, croched)
an embroidery in a hoop
doilies (embroidered or croched)
a pencil/makeup case
a hand carved stamp
a fabric cuff (i have biggish wrists if you want me to provide a measurement please pm me Smiley )
a brooch or badge
a plushie animal
anything tea-related!
some potholders, an apron, or some other kitchen-related thing
***mega outlandish wish of craziness*** = a granny square blanket (made from non-synthetic yarn). i desperately want one of these but lack the skills to make one. i'd be happy to discuss a reciprocal lap-quilt for anyone willing to undertake this, and i'm sure we could arrange an extended send date for a project of this size.

kits
anything related to embroidery or cross stitch
a simple sewing project

supplies
quilting fabric (i can never get enough fat eighths or fat quarters!)
lace
buttons
cute sewing pins
embroidery floss or other embroidery supplies (nb i have almost the whole dmc range, but would love to receive floss that's hand-dyed, or unique to your area)
anything vintage (paper products, lace, fabric, buttons etc)

phew, that was fun!
xoxoxox
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010 05:37:03 PM by penelopewaits » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bkrenning4

"Dance like no one is watching..."

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010 05:37:33 PM »

ALL ABOUT ME

Hi!  I live in St. Paul, Minnesota, USA, with my husband and two boys.  My birthday is November 11. I am a very "young" 46 years old.  

I make jewelry and mosaics, as well as scrapbook and stencil.  I love to learn new things!  

What do I love besides my husband and kids?   I love long skirts, long coats, embellished jeans, pull-over hoodies, and boots!   I love white, black and red.  Not into pastels or frills!  

My wist gives you a pretty good idea of my varied likes.  I keep it well updated.  I try to keep it very updated, removing the items I have already received or no longer need.

MY WISH LIST

MY WIST LIST -- http://www.wists.com/bkrenning4

Anything from my wist would be wonderful!  

KNITTED/CROCHETED:

Soft, thick, warm socks!
Cotton Dish Cloths
Elf Vest Shrug - http://www.wists.com/bkrenning4/5de15dc93e08f976710b00f4300cdd57?offset=0

JEWELRY

Earrings - examples on wist
Bracelets - examples on wist
Funky, working watch - examples on wist

CRAFTS - SEWN

Oven Gloves - http://www.wists.com/bkrenning4/d8cc16cfad01bb7d0d6e7f52c1840eb3?offset=0
Bath Wrap - http://www.wists.com/bkrenning4/469bdc47c3c8bcfa33c9b66e8c9281da?offset=0
Fairy hoodie - http://www.wists.com/bkrenning4/5c32ffcd75370ea65d4bd0ebe51b7d79?offset=0
Any hoodie from my wist!

CRAFTS - OTHER

Belt Buckles - Examples on my WIST
Altered Rolodex - http://www.wists.com/bkrenning4/76eb468f48cdb4b77e8dfc95167aa077?offset=0
Kitchen towels

OTHER:

Thank you to ever claims me!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010 07:40:56 AM by bkrenning4 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ceemonster
Eccletic Crafter

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010 05:49:38 PM »

Hello fellow November babies!!

Im Caitlin (also called Cate) and I will be turning 26 on November 9th. Smiley I live just outside Philadelphia, PA with my fur baby, Finn, who is a two year old male Shih Tzu. I am currently unemployed after being laid off from the recruiting department of a law firm but I am turning it into a positive and am looking to go back to school in January.

I enjoy traveling (especially to Europe; hit 10 different countries in the last 4 years) and musical theater (both performing in and going to see it). Im also a big fan of Steampunk/Neo-Victorian. Favorite TV shows include Bones, The West Wing, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Haven, NCIS, The Big Bang Theory, Castle and The Mentalist. Favorite movies include The Last Unicorn, The Labyrinth, Sleeping Beauty (and really, anything Disney), The Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz, Se7en, Memento, and anything having to do with the Muppets. Cant forget Harry Potter, Harry Dresden or the X-Men. IIn short, I am a big dork, yes. Cheesy I also love anything Irish, the Cheshire Cat, sea monsters (obviously Smiley )unicorns, dragons, butterflies, octopods and dolphins.

Crafting, I am mostly a jewelry maker focused on beading, steampunk, upcycling and most recently, chainmaille. I also do a little paining and some clay work. I used to knit but because of a health condition, needles have become a bit hard on my hands though I do still play with my knifty knitter on occasion. My only relevant allergy would be feathers. Cheesy Favorite colors include purple, black, teal, turquoise, pink and red.

Thanks so much for reading!

Crafts:
- Jayne Cobb hat! Ive been wanting one for months now.
- Monster purse!
- Other bags! I love any kind of bags. Purses, totes, wristlets...
- A new journal. (Handbound would be lovely.)
- Jewelry box.
- Hippocampus Stuffie/plushie! Like this one - http://www.etsy.com/listing/59782173/sewing-pattern-make-a-merhorse-mythical
- Knitted socks. Looove socks! Size 8 in US Womens
- Jewelry.  Necklaces especially. And earrings. (see wist for style ideas)
- Steampunk goggles
- A tie on bustle in brown (not a medium I know but I can still wish, lol)
- Corset (again, not a medium, I know! Sorry.)
- Netbook sleeve/cover THANK YOU, bellyjewel!!!!!
- Lip balm.
- Home made soaps/lotions.
- Hand carved stamps.
- Loch Ness Monster amigurumi.
- A wisty (www.wists.com/ceemonster) surprise (so much here, seriously) THANK YOU, edenkitty and Dizzerspinninround!!!!!

Craft Kits:
(A How To kit for any of the following crafts would be amazing.)
- Crochet
- Lip balm making
- Mineral eyeshadow making
- Resin
- Bookbinding

Supplies:
- Jewelry findings. Clasps and charms especially appreciated.
- Beads. All kinds though I do tend to favor glass and natural over acrylic.
- Steampunk supplies; keys, gears, clock hands, general shiny bits.
- Polyclay and related books/tools. Have just started using this medium and help would be appreciated. Smiley
- Shrinky Dink Paper
- Magnetic sheets/paper to make word poetry.
- Diamond Glaze
- 1inch glass squares/scrabble tiles
- 10ft long yarn pieces for Rapunzel Scarves (black, white, gray, purple, blue, green, brown, silver, gold)

Extras:
- Tea!! I am a newly minted tea fiend in a coffee household!
- Chocolate is good, too, but none with cherries or coconut.
- Dog treats and toys for Finn.

Thanks in advance! Smiley
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010 01:53:34 PM by ceemonster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cate

http://pinterest.com/ceemonster/
Private Swap Friendly
justaddcats
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010 08:11:39 PM »

Hiya! I'm Kate, and I will be turning 32 on the 22nd.  I'm in Northern VA, just outside of DC.  I'm in the midst of a "What-am-I-doing-with-my-life? Should-I-go-back-to-school? Ack!" mini-crisis, so I thought it might be a good time to get out of my head and get crafting! (Besides, my last few birthdays have been poopy and I thought making someone else's birthday special would help me kick my birthday funk!)

Most of my crafting loves are fiber or fabric related: knitting, sewing, embroidery, and most recently learning to use the drop spindle (a little bit, anyway).  Being able to upcycle or repurpose stuff is my favorite!  I have the greatest respect for folks who do all the crafts I can't!

Theme wise, I enjoy bold geometric prints (think 50s-60s), anything vintage (pin-up to kitsch), punky stuff (especially black paired with bright colors, greens, purples, etc.), and cute critters (monsters, etc.)

I'm not a big fan of pastels, floral patterns, or anything terribly frilly (or "girly").  I also have allergies/sensitivities to most scented products.

When I'm not crafting (or trying to figure out what to do with my life) I enjoy reading, classic movies (Cary Grant to campy monsters), watching sports, and playing in the kitchen.

I don't have a wist (sorry Sad) but I love surprises and anything that anyone takes the time to make for me Smiley

Some ideas of crafts I'd love:
*New project bag to cart around my knitting (with lots of pockets please!)

*a lunch kit (bag, utensil roll, maybe a placemat and/or reusable fabric napkin)

*wall art for my bedroom... I was thinking something quilted or embroidered (prints or painting would be awesome too) with maybe trees or a geometric theme... (browns, greens)  Thanks, bkrenning4!

*towels/oven mitts/potholders for my kitchen (which has citrus theme/colors)

*a cute/funny t-shirt maybe with a crafty/knitting related print? I have a sarcastic sense of humor with a high tolerance for irreverance, so I'm open to lots of fun stuff Smiley

*knit slippers, socks, slipper socks (I think we all want these!)

*duvet cover reconned from sheets? I know this is a huge wish!

Craft supplies I can always use:
- yarn (natural or natural blends), handspun funky stuff is the best!
- buttons
- fiber to try spinning again?

Extras:
- I love trying new kinds of tea Smiley
- I can't say no to sweets.

Thanks for the surprise, pikaboo26!

...and that's the most I've written about myself in awhile. Feels a bit like a personal ad. Anyone want to go for a drink?  Wink
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010 02:25:28 PM by justaddcats » THIS ROCKS   Logged
DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010 09:14:41 PM »

Howdy  Cheesy Thanks for reading my birthday post! Here are some quick facts about lil ol' me Wink

-My birthday is November 17, I will be turning 25.
-My hubbie's birthday is November 29, he will be 27.
-Both of our dad's were born in November as well (boy people sure do get busy on Valentine's Day!)
-I live in Georgia Tongue
-I have been married for 4 years this coming January!
-We have one son, Azariah, who is 2 years and 7 months old.
-I am currently 7 months preggers with our second child, Hananiah Uzziah (Han for short, as in Han Solo).
-I'm a stay at home mommy who loves crafting Grin
-I love Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica (newer series), Hayao Miyazaki films, owls
-My favorite comic book characters are Savage She-hulk, Zatanna, Huntress, Madame Xanadu, Green Lantern, The Question, Power Girl, Martian Manhunter
-I love steampunk stuffs
-Colors I love: blue, green, purple, red, Autumn related colors
-Colors I don't love: neons

Okay, now onto the wishlist!
For a good reference, here is my over-populated,somewhat organized wist: http://wists.com/pickledpandas

Crafted items

~If you sew~
- Heat resistant oven gloves (http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/oven-gloves). Nothing girly please Tongue
-Infant snuggler swaddler for a boy. Black or camo would be super awesome, but anything that is blatantly boy is awesome too(can't stand baby pastels!) Grin(http://sewing.craftgossip.com/free-pattern-snuggler-infant-swaddler/2009/05/17/)
-A plushie XD (http://wists.com/pickledpandas/plushies)
-An octopus with a mustache XD  (http://wists.com/pickledpandas/octopus)
-A purse organizer <3
-Small pouches to hold little stuffs (I loooove being super organized!) (http://wists.com/pickledpandas/purse)
-A tshirt turned into a baby gown. I'm havin a boy super boy-ish = awesome! I can't stand baby pastels! (http://thismamamakesstuff.com/2008/08/tutorial-t-shirt-to-newborn-gown/)

~If you screen print~
-NEW!Kissy lipstick print napkins like these http://www.etsy.com/listing/48009770/kissy-cocktail-napkins
-A long shirt, fitted, size S,with a screen print on the belly of a baby with a Santa hat on. PM me for my size Wink
-A long shirt, fitted, size S,with a HUGE goldfish screen printed on the belly
-A long shirt, fitted, size S,with a steampunk baby on the belly
-A long fitted shirt, size S, with anything steampunk related on it
-A long fitted shirt, size S, with anything a large owl

~If you knit~
-Monster baby booties (http://kelly.hogaboom.org/?p=7259)
-Tatiana Matryoshka mittens (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall08/PATTtatiana.html)
-A scarf from my wist (http://wists.com/pickledpandas/scarf)
-SOCKS! (http://wists.com/pickledpandas/socks)

~If you crochet~
-Baby cowboy hat, brown
-Amigurumi octopus with a mustache Cheesy
-Long button necklace (http://www.etsy.com/listing/60413028/happy-tiny-buttons-versatile-crocheted)

~If you make jewelry~
-Earrings! I am an addict  Roll Eyes (http://wists.com/pickledpandas/earrings)
-Mustache necklaceThanks Yumjello01!
-Chunky charm bracelet
-S'mores bracelet (http://www.etsy.com/listing/55723833/campfire-smores-bracelet)-Thanks Kimcherry!
-Knitting needle bangle in either red, purple, or green (http://www.etsy.com/listing/50094520/red-knitting-needle-bangle)
-Breakfast bracelet (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/34699943)
-Junk necklace (http://wists.com/pickledpandas/junk_necklace)
-Fabric rosette necklace in purple and yellow (http://www.etsy.com/listing/43613403/fabric-rosette-trio-statement-bib)
-Fabric rosette necklace in Autumn colors (http://www.etsy.com/listing/51078984/blooming-roses-trio-bib-statement)
-Strawberry banana milkshake necklace (http://www.etsy.com/listing/24721490/strawberry-banana-shake-necklace)
-Chocolate chip cookie dough necklace (http://www.etsy.com/listing/29142497/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-charm)

~If you make brooches~
-Measuring tape brooch (http://www.etsy.com/listing/56884137/tape-measure-rose-brooch-white-with)

~If you make polymer clay cell phone charms~
-Eggy cell phone charm like this one (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/10163058)
-Toilet paper and poo phone charm like this one (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/9210177)-Thanks Kimcherry!

~If you make hair accessories~
-Red and white Christmas fascinator with a miniature Christmas scene
-Large peppermint fascinator XD
-Steampunk headband Thanks Ceemonster!
-Red or dark purple or dark green teardrop pillbox hat (http://www.etsy.com/listing/46446420/dottie-teardrop-pillbox-hat)
-Sewing fascinator (http://www.etsy.com/listing/56106438/sew-fascinating-pincushion-head-band)

~If you embroider~
-An embroidered hoop scene, for one of the seasons: Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn (would love to eventually have a set Wink)
-NEW!Love molecule (http://www.etsy.com/listing/59466725/love-molecule-embroidered-wall-art-as)
-An embroidered hoop from my wists (http://wists.com/pickledpandas/hoopla)

~If you make soap/beauty stuffs~
-Chappy stick, PM me if you have flavor options, a girl can NEVER have too much chap stick! And I go through it super fast Roll Eyes
-Beer soap with sea salt
-Patchiouli EO soap
-Deep sea mud soap with sea salt
-Patchiouli, xlang xlang, or lavendar epsom salt

Craft kits
-How to make polymer clay jewelry kit (such as cupcakes, cakes, pies, other minature foods)
-Advanced embroidery kit
-Eraser stamp carving kit

Food/Drink
-Homemade hot cocoa white chocolate or chocolate mix
-Homemade jam
-Homemade pumpkin butter

Supplies
-NEW WISH! Simplicity patterns from my simplicity pattern wist (http://wists.com/pickledpandas/simplicity_patterns) : 3790 size H5 (6-14), 2369 size K5 (8-16), 2374 size D5 (4-12), 5025, 9949
-NEW WISH! McCalls patterns from my McCalls pattern wist (http://wists.com/pickledpandas/mccalls_patterns) : M5651, M6173 size Y
-NEW WISH! Butterwick patterns from my Butterwick wist (http://wists.com/pickledpandas/butterwick_patterns) : B6582 size 6-10, B4790 size BB (6-10)
-Sock yarn
-Scrapbook paper/supplies
-Jewelry chain
-Jewelry clasps (especially lobster clasps!)
-Crimp beads in silver (not sterling, just silver colored is fine)
-Junk jewelry supplies
-Earring hooks (surgical steel)
-Teach yourself visually knitting book
-Teach yourself visually crocheting book
-Cookie cutters safe for a kiddo to use
-Sewing buttons(vintage, funky, colorful, strange, etc)
-Steampunk supplies (keys, feathers, gears,etc)
-Miniature dollhouse supplies (for jewelry)
-Jewelry suppliesThanks yumjello01!

Thank you  Grin
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010 01:55:25 PM by DizzerSpinninRound » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bellyjewel

"Holy haberdashery!"

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010 11:21:37 AM »

Hi
Im a grad student that loves crafting. I hand sew, make some jewelry, and I dabble in different crafts especially since being on craftster there are so many tutorials. I need to renew my commitment to learning to knit and crochet. Im so jealous of those who can. My favorite colors are purple/lavender, blue, and green. I hate pink! Please keep that in mind. Love team Jacob of twilight series, and team bill of trublood series. My b-day is Nov 29th (yay for Sagittarians) and I will be turning 27yrs old but still a big kid at heart.
 I also hate how my b-day is always lost in between the holidays or downplayed because of them (as Im sure most people feel with b-days close to or on holidays).
I have no allergies   

*There are lots of choices. everything listed can be found on my wist, so check wist for ideas

Wishlist
1. Most Hoped for wish: would really love a version of the lalaloopsy dolls on my wist     (maybe a rag doll version with colorful yarn for the hair )Thank you RhymeswOrange 

2. hello kitty plush- I have many listed on my wist

3.  Lolita deco compact or hand mirror like- http://www.etsy.com/listing/48005874/cute-black-and-white-gothic-lolita-bling?ref=sr_gallery_25&ga_search_query=lolita&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=12&order=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title
or
http://www.etsy.com/listing/46314297/posh-poodle-sweets-deco-compact-mirror?ref=sr_gallery_5&ga_search_query=hime%20lolita&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=15&order=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

4.  hello kitty, carebear, or betty boop  theme elle tie on slippers- Im a shoe size 91/2
 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=251419.0

5. team Jacob stuff- plain/blank pg journal,  paw ring, bracelet, necklace etc

6. Lolita necklace, cuffs, jewelry, accessories etc  Thank you Riechan 

7. cloche hat on craftster in purple or blue
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=361109.0

8. a punk or gothic Lolita themed my pretty punkin or poppet (I know this is a bigger wish but
really want it)

9. animal ear fleece hat

10. hello kitty hoodie scarf

11. wist surprise- I include notes on nearly each item
http:// www.wists.com/bellyjewel

craft kit:
how to crochet, needles, yarn

Supplies
1. teddy bear/ doll joints
2. doll eyes/ safety eyes
3. any mod podge products
4. flat jewelry bails
5. shrinky dink sheets
6. scrabble tiles
7. iron on transfer paper- like heat n bond
8. jewelry clasps for necklaces
Extras
-sticker assortment: hello kitty, kuromi, bettyboop, monster high, Emily strange, carebears,
(I dont care if they are bought or handmade or a mix)
- candy gummi bears, gummi worms,
-tea bags, I like trying new out different and fancy sounding ones
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010 06:31:02 AM by bellyjewel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps just pm me

my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bellyjewel/
CraftyDiem
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010 07:01:38 AM »

Hi there fellow November b-days!  I'm fairly new to swapping - only one so far but it was a lot of fun.  A little bit about me:

I live in Colorado in the foothills just west of Denver.  My birthday was November 2 and I turned 33.  I love crafting although I have a bit of a follow through problem which leads to a pile up of UFOs!  I have a great husband and a 3 year old daughter who is the boss of us.  I love to sew (especially quilts) and crochet and I am attempting to do embroidery but not doing very well!  

Favorite fabric designers: Sanae, Amy Butler, Joel Dewberry, Moma, Spa by Rosemarie Lavin for Windham

Colors: I'm loving brown and blue together lately.  Also love rich colors - the colors from the Spa line mentioned in fabrics above make me happy!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/emilyjp (I'm working on this one too!)

Birthday wishes:

Possible themes:
rainbows
Southeast Asian art
books (Terry Pratchett)
Matryoshka Dolls (necklace?)

General Craftiness
Magnets

Sewing

(really) Re-usable gift bags for Xmas (non-religious fabric) - http://www.psiquilt.com/2009/08/friendship-bag-tutorial.html

Reversible cloth napkins (set of 6) I have an example in my wists

Apron (possibly mom/daughter set as in wists)

purse - smaller and needs to zip closed (otherwise I lose everything!), I love pockets! I like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=298323.0

wallet for work travel - space for my work credit card and receipts so that I can just pull that out.  I like this: http://darnkat.wordpress.com/quilted-fabric-wallet-tutorial/

Kits
embroidery stuff - I've been trying but apparently don't even have the right needles!
stuff to make magnets - either bottle cap or those glass marble things (This might be a really huge wish - I don't know)  Oh thank you YumJello!!!

Fiber
multi-colored yarn for crochet

Other
Organizing types of things - I work from home and my desk is a pile of papers - working on, to file, notes...  etc!
Magnets - any cute little kind of magnet
I'll keep adding to this but wanted to get started!

Supplies
Scrapbooking type pretty/funky/fun paper
wool felt
BUTTONS!!  Smiley

Thanks a bunch b-day friends!
Emily

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010 09:12:41 PM by emilyjp » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Progress not perfection.

http://craftydiem.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Em Cosmetics by Michelle Phan Review
When to Flush Your Brush
Hydrating Facial at Burke Williams Spa
The Spa at Four Seasons Beverly Hills Review
Lilly Ghalichi Shares Her Must-Have Beauty Products
Latest Blog Articles
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...