A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,101
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dress forms for long torsos?  (Read 1302 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Avalon the Arcane
« on: February 13, 2012 06:07:24 PM »

Hey, I'm looking for suggestions a long torso dress form.. with a crotch!  I've been looking the past couple of days for this, but haven't had much luck.  I'm decently tall and I must make my own patterns or consistently modify any pattern I use to make it long enough. (I'm talking a significant difference -- above the bust to lower it, at the waist to lower the waist line, etc.)

The "Uniquely You Your Shape" dress form looks *amazing*.. but no crotch, which is an important feature to me.  I've been looking at the "Semi Professional Misses 3/4 Form" with Fitting System by Fabulous Fit (http://www.fabulousfit.com/), as well as this Roxy Display full female form (http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/dressforms/femalefull.html).
I'm really looking for a 3/4 form like Fabulous Fit makes.

I came across the Adjustoform Leg Form 8-part form.. does anyone have any experience with this one? (http://www.adjustoform.com/acatalog/Sew_Deluxe_8part.html)

How about Dritz My Double Deluxe Dress Form?  It appears to have a crotch, kind of. (http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewing/Dritz-My-Double-Deluxe-Small-Dress-Form/4819630/product.html)  I thought I remember hearing about this one breaking/falling apart during use on some occasions.  As far as back waist length on this one, it says it goes up to 16"... while that Roxy full body form above says "NK. TO BK. WT. 16 1/4"... hmm.

Not many of these give measurements for the total crotch length.. and for the ones that do (Fabulous Fit and Roxy) it is too small by a couple of inches.  So that's not going to work either.  Sad

I tried to make a tape double of my self, but that really didn't work out.  My boyfriend tried to help me, but he's really not very good at hands on craft type things.

Any suggestions for dress forms like the ones described would be awesome!  Smiley
Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012 06:40:08 PM by Avalon the Arcane » THIS ROCKS   Logged
me04071986
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012 06:59:37 PM »

I found this site while looking for corset supplies. They make custom dress forms and also have various sizes (with/without the crotch). Check into it, it may be worth it for you Smiley

http://www.richardthethread.com/index.php?submenu=Dressforms&src=gendocs&ref=custom_dress_forms&category=Main
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm just another stitch in time...
Alexus1325
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012 02:32:52 PM »

I have an old brown Adjustoform I picked up at an auction. Martha has no crotch, but she does have an adjustable torso. It does say on the official Adjustoform webpage that it has a "Split waist to enable lengthening," but I do find it odd that there's no built-in measure for the length. Mine has a satin tape with the measurements on it so I can theoretically pull it apart to my exact back length.

Sadly, I have no information about overall torso length for the kind with a crotch Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Megatrashface
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012 03:20:13 PM »

Did you have any luck with this? I'm also looking for a good pinnable dress form and I have a long torso and am on the small-side elsewhere.

I was thinking about a dritz or a singer but I'm worried about sizing and it's such a lot of money, I'd rather hear from fellow crafsters before buying.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Twisted Knit Stitch Using Two Strings as One
How to Make a Shiny Christmas Ball Wreath
How to Make a Twisted Knit Stitch with a Double Wrapped String
How to Make a Slip Knot Part 2/2
How to Make a Triple Crochet Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...