A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,509
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OMG HELP!!  (Read 759 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SkyyAngel
« on: October 30, 2010 10:11:29 PM »

Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry

I had to use Fabric-Tac on a project I was making and the fabric wasn't staying down very well so I set it on my dining room table and put a couple of paperbacks on top to weight it down. Well, apparently that was too much weight and even though the bottle states that it doesn't soak into/through fabric, it DID! Through my fabric, the thickest interfacing I could find for this project and yet another fabric with velvet flocking.

NOW the flocking has stuck to my dining room table and I can't get it off!  Cry I'm seriously in tears over this stupid table because I spent a ridiculous amount of time working on it and then I moved away and didn't have a chance to really enjoy my handiwork and I think it's beautiful and now it's just probably ruined and...

I need help.  Cry

I've tried pledge, simple green, nail polish remover, soap and water... nothing is working.

It's this table here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330876.msg3821585#msg3821585
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ChrisSews
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010 12:51:48 AM »

According to Fabri-Tac's website acetone will remove the glue.  The bad new is that it will also most likely remove the finish on your table.  The web site also says that dry cleaning will remove the glue.  You can buy cans of the dry-cleaning solvent (search for dry cleaning spot remover or dry cleaning fluid).  I've seen them at my high end fabric store.  You might be able to find it at a drug store or home depot but I'm not sure.  Amazon does have a few brands if you want to order it.  I have no idea what the dry cleaning solvent will do to the finish on your table.  Maybe try it on the underside or somewhere else not noticeable 1st. 

Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my projects, ideas, and swap wish list at...
http://pinterest.com/cmsargent/
SkyyAngel
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010 05:21:30 AM »

Thanks Chris... I'll definitely try. I'm thinking at this point, if I have to sand/refinish/re-do almost half my table, it's fine. I mean, I did do it once before. Smiley I know at the local Hancock there's like a "grandma's gentle spot remover" or something like that for the same purpose... maybe I'll pop on down and buy a bottle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ravenwitch
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011 05:23:23 PM »

Have you tried goo gone or something similar?  Or try awesome.  My best friend got dried nail polish out of white carpet with it.  It is a cheap cleaner you can buy at the dollar store.  If you use acetone, wipe fast.  You may be able to save the table finish.
How about a razor?  Can you carefully scrape the extra gunk off?

That is a beautiful table.  I hope you fixed it without redoing it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Keep Your Hair Color from Fading
Prive Salon Shows You How to Take a Pretty Braid from Day to Night
How to Get a Fishtail Braid
Addicted To Hair Weaves
Stylist To Stars Shares Hair Extension Secrets
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...